New Berserk animation project confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Well, it's already been a momentous occasion for Berserk and its fans, even if we still don't know what this will turn into (if anything). I think some may be downplaying the importance of what we've seen -- Griffith, Guts, Zodd and Casca animated for the first time in over a decade. That's pretty damned cool regardless of what this stuff ends up being.

It's definitely been a fun ride this past week, English dub actor discussion aside.

Well, the Twitter account appears to be implying there is an update in Japan 'in the morning'. So if that's the case we have 4 more hours before it hits midday in Japan, thus something should happen before then.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
CM 05 is up:

http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/cm/index.html

Same MO as before, but it's redeemed by one thing... :badbone:

Griffith

Eluvei said:
Best five seconds in a commercial ever. :ubik:

Yeah, even though they repeated the Beherit footage three commercials in a row, those first few seconds made it worth it. A long time coming, and he looked good in his debut too. =)

Can confirm that refreshing your page works.

Too bad he doesn't move much in the video. Might as well have been a still figure honestly >_>

I was hoping for something a little more concrete. Hopefully more information comes very soon and they don't leave us hanging with just those clips.

Griffith said:
Yeah, those first few seconds made it worth it, even though they repeated the Beherit footage in three commercials in a row. =)

What, was there anything after those seconds? :iva:

CowTip said:
Might as well have been a still figure honestly >_>

I think this can be said of most of the commercials' footage.

CowTip said:
I was hoping for something a little more concrete. Hopefully more information comes very soon and they don't leave us hanging with just those clips.

As expected, we'll have to wait for Young Animal.

Griffith

CowTip said:
Too bad he doesn't move much in the video. Might as well have been a still figure honestly >_>

You won't hear me complain. :griffnotevil:

Eluvei said:
As expected, we'll have to wait for Young Animal.

Yeah, unless the title card says something dramatically revealing (doesn't look like it), we've got to hope YA tells us something definitive. I'm even dubious of that though after this bizarre campaign. :ganishka:

Eluvei said:
I think this can be said of most of the commercials' footage.

I don't know about that. Every other clip showed at least some movement. Griffith's hair, Guts swinging his sword, Zodd attacking and flying, beherit moving. Only the Casca scene was sort of pointless.
SK
just sort of sat there. I would have liked to see him pull out his sword or something at least.

CowTip said:
I don't know about that. Every other clip showed at least some movement. Griffith's hair, Guts swinging his sword, Zodd attacking and flying, beherit moving. Only the Casca scene was sort of pointless.
SK
just sort of sat there. I would have liked to see him pull out his sword or something at least.

The one scene you thought was pointless is the one that made me believe this might be an anime series after all, because of her moving her lips and not "posing" for the camera like all the others. I mean, even thought the others were in some sort of action, they looked like they were made especially for a 15-second spot. Well, this has been discussed and I'm repeating myself. At this point it's easier to wait for YA. Even if these specific shots were made just for the commercials, it doesn't mean they're not working on a series while we speak.

Oburi

All praise Grail
I actually liked the minimal movement. Hmm, the more I think about it now, the more nervous I am of seeing how a more liberally moving :SK: will look like.

Hmm, I wonder what the guy over at NeoGAF who leaked the original photos would have to say now? We're missing a Puck and a Casca, so surely this must mean they have every intention of making this a full on series in order to see them in motion? :iva:

Yes, we need to wait for YA for full confirmation, but I'm pretty confident right about now, oh and ecstatic about those same 5 seconds :guts:

Skull Knight
looks awesome, but I think he's also CG? There's something a bit too "perfect" in the way his helmet looks/moves which can only be achieved with 3D models.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
So I get back from work, Griff has sent me a text that CM5 is up, and "it's a doozy." I reheat my dinner, I sit down in front of my PC, wait for CM5 to load. So im sitting there, sawing through a pork chop, staring at the very first frame of CM5. I can't really tell what it is, but im patient enough to wait for it to fully load before I click play. I take a bite of pork chop, look up at the screen again, and juuuust barely see the outline of
the shield emblem
and I just lose my shit. Pork chop bits are still sprayed onto a good portion of my monitor, even after a good initial wiping. Bravo, gentlemen. BRAVO!

Simply amazing. What a way to end it. I am filled with awe. :ubik:

I have some comments on this little scene, but I want to wait until the initial wave of exclamations die before I get into them.

Ah, quick rough translation of the kanji after the title. 降臨 translates to ADVENT. I suppose that's fitting, given the theme of the others. But it tells us nothing. Also, I have no idea what Gackt is saying, and no way to translate it. That'll have to rest on Graywords' or other shoulders.

I still have doubts of course.. but that 5 seconds was awesome.
Also, I feel like I made the mistake of watching these commercials on youtube instead of on YA's site. The quality looks a lot better.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
It was great to finally see
SKull knight
. Very menacing and posing intro! Also, I notice that in here you can actually see the sparks on Griffith's and Guts' swords as they strike. As I told other members in the chat room, I have been pretty neutral about these commercials although they sure have been a treat to see. I guess, we have to keep playing the patience game and see what YA announces later on the days to come. But whatever it is, for now it has been good seeing these 15 seconds of each commercial. :guts:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom