New Berserk animation project confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
To their credit it was never announced that there'd be info in a specific issue. It just seemed logical that it'd be the one coming right after the commercials.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
It also makes sense that they'd want to pair such information with the next issue containing Berserk. If they're actually going to give us any information, that is. :guts:

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Danat said:
According to the information I've found (maybe illegal), YA 22 oct doesnt contain any berserk news.
The source that says it is in that issue is the official YA Berserk twitter though. Guess your sources was illegal. :void:

Okay then. Something more official: http://www.younganimal.com/
Look at the top-left image of next YA issue. First page doesnt have any "ベルセルク" in it. Could that mean there wouldnt be any Berserk news inside?

Aazealh said:
That's last week's issue, #20. As you can see written under it, it was released on October 8. Episode 316 will be published in issue #21, released on October 22.
hmm
in the pink circle there are numbers:
No.20
kinda weird that according to your post those numbers mean "next issue release date + current issue number" instead of "current issue release date + current issue number". Still that makes more sense considering twitter news. Oh well, FALSE ALARM :guts:.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Danat said:
kinda weird that according to your post those numbers mean "next issue release date + current issue number" instead of "current issue release date + current issue number".

That's how it's always been.

Would be nice if they released some more information. Like at least confirming that Studio 4c is doing the animation.

Unfortunately the Studio's only admitted future scheduled release is Thundercats in 2011 (http://www.imdb.com/company/co0041113/)
And their latest post on the Studio 4c topic page is something about hiring CG staff, with an April 2011 date attached. They had a similar ad in July, with the same April 2011 date. Would be nice if it was for Berserk.. but it's more likely to be for Thundercats.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Miura's comment in this week's issue of Young Animal mentions the anime. He says that "For people not yet in high school it will be the first Berserk anime."

Aazealh said:
Miura's comment in this week's issue of Young Animal mentions the anime. He says that "For people not yet in high school it will be the first Berserk anime."

So, I'm guessing that's pretty much confirmation we're getting more than 15 second shorts? All we need now is a little more idea of what form it will take. Either way, it's positive news.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
JezzaX said:
So, I'm guessing that's pretty much confirmation we're getting more than 15 second shorts?

Well we already knew that. If you were still worried then yeah, you can take it as a confirmation. We still have yet to get any concrete information about what shape the project will take though. Patience is a virtue, right? :void:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:

Haha, now I really feel old. :ganishka:

nice to get a little confirmation i'll take anything at this point im hoping for a series of berserk that we havent seen hope they will stick to the manga

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
Honestly, I think I'll be content with whatever comes out. I never once expected to see more animated Berserk, so I'm happy as is. :guts:

aksaC

Sex'n Swordplay
Wow! I haven't checked here in awhile. Seeing Berserk animated again is kinda blowing my mind! I thought Miura's world would pretty much B&W from here on in. :isidro:

Helllo again everyone! I'm back. :guts:

Aazealh said:

Thanks Aaz for the update!!! Does the YA issue mention anything else anime related?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom