New Berserk animation project confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
In these trailers and test footages, we've seen Guts as a mercenary, Guts as a raider with the Falcons, Guts after he left the Falcons. All the instances of Guts in the Golden Age except ... Guts as a child. Is it too early to be worried?

I'd say that it is too early, but then again they're not going to show him getting raped as a child within the first 10 minutes of the movie, so changes will take place one way or another.

Seeing how this is shaping up now after watching the recent trailer, the art has me interested. With it being a mix of CG & 2D, the CG has yet to grow on me. So far though the 2D art is quite impressively drawn, until the final result of this is out I am still holding up abit of hope for this.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Walter said:
In these trailers and test footages, we've seen Guts as a mercenary, Guts as a raider with the Falcons, Guts after he left the Falcons. All the instances of Guts in the Golden Age except ... Guts as a child. Is it too early to be worried?
Yeah... You know, I was worried about that too. You know, they're probably just starting to finish scenes. And they only have a handful of stuff they can show.

Either that, or they don't wanna show it in the trailer for some reason.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Aazealh said:
Yeah, and he got an identical armor too! Same with all other occurrences in the other scenes we saw. How do you feel now? :azan:

Sadly, better than if they explain it by having him not lose them at all.

A.C said:
Heck, even without an edit it might be possible to just watch a later OVA release of the early Black Swordsman arc before watching the Golden Age if they don't start mixing it up too much.

That's the ideal scenario at this point, but...

Walter said:
Aazealh said:
I'd say that it is too early, but then again they're not going to show him getting raped as a child within the first 10 minutes of the movie, so changes will take place one way or another.

Yeah, I'm not "worried" because that would imply I don't already take it for granted that Guts' childhood will be fucked with. :sad:

Let us not forget the classic leaked images featuring Casca (after the eclipse) and Puck. One thing to take away from those images is that we are going to be introduced to Puck at the very least, which has put me in a positive state of mind, as I doubt they would just throw him in for good measure without showing the initial stages of the developing relationship between him and Guts. This in turn means we will see The Black Swordsman arc, be it chronological or not.

I'm starting to wonder where they will end the third film, I reckon a good place to end it, would be right before the Lost Children arc begins, this could then let the Black Swordsman arc become an entirely separate OVA that can be used chronologically or watched before the first film. If you wish to, you can skip it entirely and go straight to the Lost Children OVA. So, in theory some of the footage in the trailer may not be used in any of the films at all.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
JezzaX said:
Let us not forget the classic leaked images featuring Casca (after the eclipse) and Puck.
So, in theory some of the footage in the trailer may not be used in any of the films at all.
No one has forgotten. But none of those scenes are in the Golden Age. And since it is "test footage," it might be redone by a team later, so we can't rely on the quality of those scenes.

I'm starting to wonder where they will end the third film, I reckon a good place to end it, would be right before the Lost Children arc begins,
So, when the Golden Age arc ends, you mean?

Walter said:
No one has forgotten. But none of those scenes are in the Golden Age. And since it is "test footage," it might be redone by a team later, so we can't rely on the quality of those scenes.

The Zodd scene was also among those if I remember correctly? I'm just trying to remain positive about it.

Walter said:
So, when the Golden Age arc ends, you mean?

Lol, yes. Thanks for pointing out my stupidity there Walter. That was probably the most retarded and long winded way I could have said it. What I meant was, so long as they don't end it prematurely ala the 97 anime

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Skullgrin140 said:
until the final result of this is out I am still holding up abit of hope for this.
We all are. I don't believe anyone here is saying this will be absolute garbage.

JezzaX said:
The Zodd scene was also among those if I remember correctly?
None of the scenes _that you listed_.

I'm just trying to remain positive about it.
I'm trying to remain practical about it.

Walter said:
None of the scenes _that you listed_.

True, but Zodd was still among those leaked images. I've been rather pessimistic about this project for a while, don't shoot down my optimism now :iva:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
JezzaX said:
Let us not forget the classic leaked images featuring Casca (after the eclipse) and Puck. One thing to take away from those images is that we are going to be introduced to Puck at the very least, which has put me in a positive state of mind, as I doubt they would just throw him in for good measure without showing the initial stages of the developing relationship between him and Guts. This in turn means we will see The Black Swordsman arc, be it chronological or not.

Makes sense, but as we've seen logic and reason have no place in the world of big screen adaptation! One could make the same argument you did for Puck about everything the Black Swordsman arc introduces, yet it's already been passed over. Also, the actual footage of Puck and Casca has curiously never officially surfaced.

JezzaX said:
I'm starting to wonder where they will end the third film, I reckon a good place to end it, would be right before the Lost Children arc begins, this could then let the Black Swordsman arc become an entirely separate OVA that can be used chronologically or watched before the first film. If you wish to, you can skip it entirely and go straight to the Lost Children OVA if you so wish.
Again, that would be close to perfect at this point. We're setting ourselves up all over again...
ganishka.gif

JezzaX said:
So, in theory some of the footage in the trailer may not be used in any of the films at all.

Or, perhaps Olivier's theory is correct and they're going to get seriously creative with the storytelling.

Walter said:
I'm trying to remain practical about it.
JezzaX said:
I've been rather pessimistic about this project for a while, don't shoot down my optimism now :iva:

Look at it this way, we're sparing you from being disappointed later. :griffnotevil:

Griffith said:
Look at it this way, we're sparing you from being disappointed later. :griffnotevil:

Actually, that's the usual outlook I've had on most things and going into something with an open mind, usually gives me a better impression. There's no harm in speculating though and I think the forum is the best place to share that speculation.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
JezzaX said:

I appreciate your spirit, but like the others said those pictures unfortunately prove little at this point. Still, Hakusensha & co. have no reason to go back on their word, so I remain hopeful as well.

Gobolatula said:
They said they were going to animate the entirety of the manga eventually, right? I hope nothing has changed.

As long as each product they release is met with success they won't have any reason to stop. That means we'll have to be first in line with our wallets in hand.

Aazealh said:
As long as each product they release is met with success they won't have any reason to stop. That means we'll have to be first in line with our wallets in hand.

It's rare we see any anime films being shown in theaters here in the UK, I doubt Berserk would be an exception to that :judo: Which is a shame, I would love to see it on the big screen. Regardless, I will definitely be parting with cash for merchandise and Blu Ray/DVD release without a shadow of a doubt.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
JezzaX said:
It's rare we see any anime films being shown in theaters here in the UK, I doubt Berserk would be an exception to that :judo: Which is a shame, I would love to see it on the big screen.

Take the Eurostar and we can see it together. :casca:

Aazealh said:
Take the Eurostar and we can see it together. :casca:

You know, that would be an awesome Christmas present to give myself. I may speak with people in Paris on a daily basis, but my French isn't up to the standard it used to be, especially when it comes to subtitles :iva:

Saephon said:
Heh, no worries there. There's already an envelope labeled "Berserk BluRay".

Same here.

Honestly, I don't care about the minor details such as swords and armor. As long as the project turns out good in the long run. And so far, I'm not too disappointed with what I see. If I don't like it I'll just watch it once and be done with it. We always have Miura if it sucks too bad.

Sammoniac

You taffers!
Tzur said:
Honestly, I don't care about the minor details such as swords and armor. As long as the project turns out good in the long run.

I tend to agree, but minor details can make the difference between good and Great. I'd prefer the latter.

Tzur said:
Honestly, I don't care about the minor details such as swords and armor.

It's not about "minor details". On that specific shot
comparenew02.jpg

It's definitely not a "detail".

It could be a useless detail if it wasn't related to an important background story. Because If he doesn't get the right sword it means surely that some characters can simply be erased. So, Is Boscone a detail for you ? So maybe Gennon too ?

From this kind of point of view it's clearly predictable to get some low quality stuff, especially because of the lack of rigor, because making high quality movies is more expensive, but If they think they can lower the quality and simply erase characters or important parts of the story and making "fans" like you happy... Then why bothering so much making quality when shitty productions sells well ?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Theoden said:
Because If he doesn't get the right sword it means surely that some characters can simply be erased. So, Is Boscone a detail for you ? So maybe Gennon too ?
If they think they can lower the quality and simply erase characters or important parts of the story...
I understand your feelings, let's not jump to any conclusions just yet. All we know is that Guts appears to still have his sword from his days as a raider that he lost during the fight against Boscone. That doesn't mean Boscone was excised, nor Gennon. It just means that in this scene, Guts still has his old sword.

Walter said:
It just means that in this scene, Guts still has his old sword.

Or like Griffith suggested, the old sword was broken and the one in this scene is a new sword identical to the old one.

Walter said:
I understand your feelings, let's not jump to any conclusions just yet. All we know is that Guts appears to still have his sword from his days as a raider that he lost during the fight against Boscone. That doesn't mean Boscone was excised, nor Gennon. It just means that in this scene, Guts still has his old sword.

Agreed. I know since we have 6 months to kill time and pick apart all the screens and trailers, but let's keep in mind, this is still a work in progress! There is NO WAY IN HELL they will cut out the fight with Boscone. Please remember, this movie is part of a trilogy, so the duel between Guts and Griffith won't happen until the 2nd movie. Meaning, the footage from that scene is still way in the early stages! In the early CMs, we were shown Casca covered with the wrong leaves. Now, in the YA pictures, we see Casca covered with ferns. So, obviously, this shows they can change these things at any moment.

I would not worry one bit about the sword in that screenshot. Worst case scenario, it's what Griffith said: the replacement sword is the same sword. But, I have my money on that they will change it when the time comes.

Let's have some faith people! :griffnotevil:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I think there's a pretty good chance things will change, as well. Lots of teaser and theatrical trailers contain scenes that never make the final cut in a movie, or are alternate versions of what ends up in the finished product. I know it's probably a long shot, but I have to believe! :guts:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom