New Berserk Anime for 2016

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
foolpuck said:
If it's the work of Studio4°C, why did they kept the secret for so long ?

Big data marketing analytics high impact advertisements for maximum exposure and trailer 12.25.15 GET.

Yeah it really is just the perfect time to tell the fans now. Besides that we will be getting a new Volume soon, on which there will be definetely commercials for the anime too.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Mangetsu said:
Besides that we will be getting a new Volume soon, on which there will be definetely commercials for the anime too.

Yep, this is how the previous anime was announced as well: Coinciding with a volume release.

Walter said:
Big data marketing analytics high impact advertisements for maximum exposure and trailer 12.25.15 GET.

That's what I thought first but I'm not convinced. I mean the 3 first movies were a little disappointing, so I don't think that's a good strategy to keep the secret. I mean you keep the secret when it's something huge with a lot of success. Yes, a lot of us were waiting for a new anime adaptation, but not necessarily by Studio4°C...

If I'm not mistaken last volumes had meant the trilogy and the new project, at this pace Berserk will become the new Game of Thrones we'll see the end before on the screen than on paper :ganishka:

Edit: spelling

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
foolpuck said:
That's what I thought first but I'm not convinced. I mean the 3 first movies were a little disappointing, so I don't think that's a good strategy to keep the secret. I mean you keep the secret when it's something huge with a lot of success. Yes, a lot of us were waiting for a new anime adaptation, but not necessarily by Studio4°C...

You clearly don't work in marketing. Announcing a product years before you have any material to share isn't exactly a good strategy. There is literally no advantage in doing so. And contrary to what you're saying, if the previous movies sucked then letting some time pass before announcing another one would be the logical course of action so as to distance yourself from them and let them fade a bit from people's minds. Then there's the fact many things could have happened to delay production or even cancel the project that could explain why they didn't want to commit too early. And finally, like Jackson Hurley mentioned, a sequel had already been implied at the end of the third movie anyway.

No I don't, and of course years is too much I never said that. And I never said that the movies sucked, I like them, they are just a little disappointing from a general point of view. But at first they were supposed to cover the entire serie if I remember correctly, but after the third movie no news at all... For me they just abandoned the idea. If as you said they had no materials and were thinking their movies sucked, why would they work 2 years on another one ?
And a sequel had also been implied at the end of the first anime (and in a lot of other movies without sequels), it means nothing, it's just an open ending.

And I'm just here to discuss about it and hear your opinions while giving mine, no need to tell me that I know nothing of marketing otherwise I wouldn't talk at all because I know nothing of film making... I'm simply asking why because it didn't seem the best to me and I wanted to know if there was better alternatives.

I'm just saying that if they are not coming with something big, it will be a failed attempt, in brief it's risky from Studio4°C to try things like that. In my opinion.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
foolpuck said:
No I don't, and of course years is too much I never said that. And I never said that the movies sucked, I like them, they are just a little disappointing from a general point of view. But at first they were supposed to cover the entire serie if I remember correctly, but after the third movie no news at all... For me they just abandoned the idea. If as you said they had no materials and were thinking their movies sucked, why would they work 2 years on another one ?

I see we've got some comprehension problem. I said the movies sucked and I don't like them. You said they were "disappointing" and implied that they didn't have a lot of success. I'm sorry you felt I didn't convey the important nuance of your opinion properly in my response. I hope you can forgive me for this grave offense against your character. Also, by all means please do enlighten me as to how long ago they should have notified you of their plans for it to be satisfactory. I'm really curious to know what metrics factor into that. Finally, when I said they had "no material to share" I meant they had nothing to show people, because they hadn't worked on it yet. And we don't know how long they've been working on it, actually. That two years figure you're quoting has no basis in fact.

foolpuck said:
And a sequel had also been implied at the end of the first anime (and in a lot of other movies without sequels), it means nothing, it's just an open ending.

No actually, no sequel had been implied at the end of the TV series. The epilogue just bridged the end to the beginning. So please don't make empty statements of the sort. Furthermore, the movie crew had clearly established the possibility of a sequel in interviews and other promotional material. You said it yourself. Really, this isn't something that needs debating.

foolpuck said:
And I'm just here to discuss about it and hear your opinions while giving mine, no need to tell me that I know nothing of marketing otherwise I wouldn't talk at all because I know nothing of film making... I'm simply asking why because it didn't seem the best to me and I wanted to know if there was better alternatives.

What you said made little sense in my opinion, hence my reply. I'm sorry if it hurt your feelings, but that's how it is anyway.

foolpuck said:
I'm just saying that if they are not coming with something big, it will be a failed attempt, in brief it's risky from Studio4°C to try things like that. In my opinion.

The previous movies are failures because their quality is abysmal, not because of a lack of promotional blitz. And, again, I don't see how they've taken any risk at all so far.

I get the feeling that I have upset you, maybe not, but in any case it wasn't my intention, sorry.

Aazealh said:
And we don't know how long they've been working on it, actually. That two years figure you're quoting has no basis in fact.
True.

Aazealh said:
No actually, no sequel had been implied at the end of the TV series. The epilogue just bridged the end to the beginning. So please don't make empty statements of the sort.
Guilty, I had forgotten.

Aazealh said:
And, again, I don't see how they've taken any risk at all so far.
Thinking about it, in fact I got a bit lost and I talked too fast. As long as there is no release date announced my point doesn't really makes sense you're right. My apologies, I was a little confused.
I don't know why but I was convinced that the release would be imminent and I suppose Studio4°C wants to aim the largest audience as possible and not only the manga's fans. There is no release date at the moment so forget what I said earlier, I'll keep my mouth shut until we have more info.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
foolpuck said:
I get the feeling that I have upset you, maybe not, but in any case it wasn't my intention, sorry.

Nah it's Ok, but like you said I think you rushed to conclusion a bit. No big deal, and we'll have more information soon enough anyway.

If this is a continuation of the Golden Age movies as it seems to be and not it's own stand alone film or OVA, one character I'm going to miss that they seem to have cut out is Godot. He isn't included in the new anime and I'm not even sure if he was mentioned, but it is a shame because of his insightful speeches (reminding me from the current re-read podcast everyone did). It makes me wonder, is Erika suppose to be living alone up in the mountains? Anyway, I know there are larger issues at hand with what studio 4C cut out but I'd like to think they fix this and start fresh.

I really want to feel some level of excitement for this, however after the Golden Age Arc trilogy kind of pissed away some potential of retelling the story in animated form for a new audience I feel as though this might fall in the same category. Having heard this news I've been thinking alot recently to how everyone who was let down by the ending of the original anime from the 90's, wanting to know what happened next to be answered and resolved with a "Season 2". This is hardly anything but that since the art style and the studios are radically different now, I'm intrigued however if this does end up being something we have waited for, for quite some time. So I think we'll see, that's my only reaction this at this point.

Tama said:
If this is a continuation of the Golden Age movies as it seems to be and not it's own stand alone film or OVA, one character I'm going to miss that they seem to have cut out is Godot. He isn't included in the new anime and I'm not even sure if he was mentioned, but it is a shame because of his insightful speeches (reminding me from the current re-read podcast everyone did). It makes me wonder, is Erika suppose to be living alone up in the mountains? Anyway, I know there are larger issues at hand with what studio 4C cut out but I'd like to think they fix this and start fresh.
I agree with you, I really think he's a very important character who takes an important place in Guts' journey. Plus, as Delta Phi said earlier I'm also worried about Puck, if they skip the Black Swordsman how will be their encounter ?
I hope that we will find reassuring answers for christmas!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
foolpuck said:
Plus, as Delta Phi said earlier I'm also worried about Puck, if they skip the Black Swordsman how will be their encounter ?
I hope that we will find reassuring answers for christmas!

Puck has to make it in. Omitting him would be a gaping hole they couldn't recover from.

As to how they'll meet, the opening scene could be done like how the 1997 anime opened, only instead of Colette being transposed in place of Puck, they'd show the actual scene as intended.

Walter said:
Puck has to make it in. Omitting him would be a gaping hole they couldn't recover from.

As to how they'll meet, the opening scene could be done like how the 1997 anime opened, only instead of Colette being transposed in place of Puck, they'd show the actual scene as intended.

Yes exactly, they can't keep him out. So if they do that, great, but if afterwards they skip the Black Swordsman arc, sadly it would still be frustrating. :puck:

Sammoniac

You taffers!
Walter said:

I wouldn't be surprised that since the Lost Children arc deals a lot with "elves" *hum*, they just tack on a Puck and Guts meeting somewhere inside the story. It would have the level of suckage expected from these adaptations.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Sammoniac said:
I wouldn't be surprised that since the Lost Children arc deals a lot with "elves" *hum*, they just tack on a Puck and Guts meeting somewhere inside the story. It would have the level of suckage expected from these adaptations.

Or they could easily put quickly the Black swordsman arc at the beginning for the meeting and then go to the lost children chapter since they skip the beginning in the first place anyway. (I wouldn't put my money on that though)

news_header_berserk_anime.jpg

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
It's quite disconcerting that there's still no hint of Puck in these promos.

Not sure what to make of this one, in terms of how this art style will translate into animation. It's certainly different from how Studio4C marketed the movies when the saga project was first announced. Still too little information to deduce much on that front though.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Walter said:

I agree. The fact that he's still not wearing his original Black Swordsman armor is also disconcerting, especially if this is going to be an adaptation of the Lost Children chapter. As was said on the latest podcast episode, these details are important, and they were an early indication that the last project wasn't going to turn out well. I'll remain skeptical of this one until we see something of quality.

Walter said:

Rhombaad said:
I agree. The fact that he's still not wearing his original Black Swordsman armor is also disconcerting, especially if this is going to be an adaptation of the Lost Children chapter. As was said on the latest podcast episode, these details are important, and they were an early indication that the last project wasn't going to turn out well. I'll remain skeptical of this one until we see something of quality.

I didn't listen to the last podcast but I agree with both of you. If Puck doesn't make it, they are definitely shooting themself in the foot... (and in my heart :judo:)
In few hours we'll have more info, so let's hope it will chase away our concern.

Hitoshura said:
The official twitter account started tweeting some information. https://twitter.com/berserk_anime

For the impatient who can't wait for a better translation like me, here is the one from Google :

Thank you for waiting! Finally, is the animation "Berserk" official twitter open! And, the official teaser site is also open! http://berserk-anime.com/
Future, so will continue to publish a variety of information, stay tuned! #berserk

Today (12/25) so we have listed Young Animal information about the animation "Berserk" to be released is, Please check it out! #berserk

Comiket information ①
["Sacrifice of stigma" Tattoo distribution]
During C89 period, at the NBC Universal booth (No.451), Comiket limited "sacrifice of stigma" tattoo (of arrival) and post card calendar and a set that the decision to distribute the January-March! Sacrifice reaches a "certain number" and .... Look forward to! #berserk

Comiket information ②
[Teaser PV published! ]
Also at the NBC Universal booth (NO.451), we will publish a teaser PV that arrived from production site! Do not miss it! ! #berserk

Sorry I know this is Google quality but for once it's understandable, otherwise I wouldn't share it here.

Top Bottom