New Berserk Anime for 2016

Aazealh said:
You know, I'd spend $450 for 12 episodes of Berserk if this was genuinely good. I'd go that far, even though it's a rip-off no matter how you see it. But given the garbage they've produced, who in their right mind would bother?
The better question is why bother making DVD's of this when they made such crap. And another is how are they cutting their losses since literally noone will buy it.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Gamehowitzer said:
And another is how are they cutting their losses since literally no one will buy it.

I would not be surprised to see a bunch of people buying that shit. I'm glad to be able to Watch it on crunchy roll but I'm not gonna waste that amount of money for it. It will be bought though.

the budget was so low that they probably already broke even from views alone :ganishka: . that's a scary thought too, this show being profitable :magni:

I dont know much about the anime community in general but if those youtube reviewers are anything to go by then the standards are so jawdroppingly low nowadays that it wouldnt surprise me if a few of those'll actually be bought.

Aazealh said:
You know, I'd spend $450 for 12 episodes of Berserk if this was genuinely good. I'd go that far, even though it's a rip-off no matter how you see it. But given the garbage they've produced, who in their right mind would bother?

The prices they're asking are just arrogant, I don't care how 'normal' it is in Japan. This series doesn't even deserve to break even.

I come from the days of having to special order anime tapes (and eventually DVDs) and they'd cost $30-60 a piece, typically for only two, maybe three episodes. Evangelion for example cost about $460 for the VHS set. The Berserk Box of War when it was new was about $250-300?

I honestly wouldn't hesitate paying up the ass for a series if it meant having a quality series. Hell, even if there was a kickstarter type thing where people could contribute to the budget itself so it'd be easier to ensure a competent series. I know I'd throw down a nice chunk of cash if it was with a team I could have confidence in. I'd back the fuck out of it.

Though I know it's likely a scenario like that would never happen. Instead we end up with this absolute nonsense of a series.

Unfortunately now this means a proper adaptation will likely never happen. And if a continuation happens, it's just going to keep this clusterfuck of a continuity going. I just hope the rails are riding straight towards a cliff edge and they just stop with these shoddy adaptations.

residentgrigo

Excitement and Enjoyment!
Japanese anime home releases for new shows usually have 2 eps. on the disc, with a price of let´s say 60-80 dollar. "Our" price for 6 eps. thus "follows the norm" but the two-and-done releases of 6 + 6 are a sign that the producers know the low demand. A very rare sight. No on-disc bonus materiel too, as the usual (crappy) audio drama.
Expect some censorship Fog of War removal, i guess, but none of the usual technical fixes or re-draws.

(Interesting new profile pic for me btw. I have similarities with him dear mods, but my hairline isn´t receding. He even got a Japanese waify recently, very nice.)

D

Dragon Warrior

So, is the new anime now only 12 episodes? it was said before in the wiki it will be 24 episdoes

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
residentgrigo said:
(Interesting new profile pic for me btw. I have similarities with him dear mods, but my hairline isn´t receding. He even got a Japanese waify recently, very nice.)

You're welcome.

Dragon Warrior said:
So, is the new anime now only 12 episodes? it was said before in the wiki it will be 24 episdoes

Yes, we've known it would be 12 episodes for a while now. It was never announced that it would be 24 episodes, people just guessed cluelessly. Generally speaking, you shouldn't refer yourself to wiki-type knowledge bases if you want accurate information.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Mangetsu said:
We already met her in the first episode and we better don`t see her again.

I'm pretty sure we won't. The way I saw it, it was more of a "pilot" episode. Showcasing some of the characters they wanted to put in it. To be honest I would not have done the first episode that way... It's a bit (loooooot) pointless, especially when they reintroduced Isidro 4 episodes after that.

jackson_hurley said:
I'm pretty sure we won't. The way I saw it, it was more of a "pilot" episode. Showcasing some of the characters they wanted to put in it. To be honest I would not have done the first episode that way... It's a bit (loooooot) pointless, especially when they reintroduced Isidro 4 episodes after that.

Exactly. Why introduce Isidro that way, if you will showcase his Manga introduction anyway? :schierke:
Not only did it make the Bar scene worse, but hthe representation of his character wasn't good either :rickert:

http://natalie.mu/comic/news/200443 - further news about a Blu Ray Box1.

news_xlarge_berserk_bd1_sample.jpg

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Fucking hell, what a surprise from Miura! Almost worth the $450 now :void:

Adding full color to Mozgus' body, I never noticed the blending of the hard scales and muscles before. At least, it didn't translate as well in Black and White as it does here.

yup yup, it's much more defined here, in the manga the shading on and screentones were of very similar tone so it was hard to see the transition. This piece is just perfect in every way, guts looks great, his stance looks great, mozgus' is towering him with a great pose aswell. glad mozgus is getting the all this love recently, in the episode and this cover.

Top Bottom