New Berserk Anime pics fake or real you decide...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
You know I had this huge joke I was going to play on the boards not too long ago, namely around April first, but it just didnt work out since A, I was lazy and B Walter actually got a response from Miura not too long after that so I felt it would ruin that moment.

In any case I was going to use screen caps of the Claymore anime and edit Claire to look like farnese. Anyways, I am not looking at those links since I refuse to look at 4chan from my government work site. :puck:

15oi0xk.jpg

11lo6lf.jpg

2e1bt4j.jpg

5dtm4m.jpg

SaiyajinNoOuji

Those do look pretty good. If they are fake then who ever did them did a pretty good job. I would just assume that they are fake until we hear something official.

I would imagine that when Berserk begins to come back from the break that there may be word of something if it is true.

EDIT: cuz i spellz awsme lolz :troll:

Interesting. I want to hope that something will become of it. But I just have this hunch its too good to be true. I prefer to wait until something offical comes out. Here's hoping.

yesmilord

千年王国
I'm tripping out right now.
Why does it look like those pictures are being displayed on a screen? You see a reflection in the Zodd picture and lights in a dim room.

Fake or real, I agree that those look pretty good.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
I'm too scared to feel hopeful right now... these look too good... maybe a new game if it's not a new series or continuation. :isidro:
Can't wait 'til Aaz shows up to make me feel like an idiot for believing. :sad:

SaiyajinNoOuji

Well I guess its time to start saying "Shoooop de whoooooop" cause the ground that Gut's is standing on sure does look fake. Meaning that it doesn't match the art style.

I say fake... also ZoddGuts... if what he says is true, then welp. :void:

Dar_Klink

Yeah, the one of Guts swinging at the soldiers really makes me skeptical. It looks too much like a still shot and not an action shot. In other words, no motion blur or any weird morphing from it being in action. This is just my layman's opinion though. No posts from the higher ups yet, so they're either sitting there laughing at us or trying to figure more out before they post. The thread seems to be heading down the same direction that all the Griffith(usually) photoshop style threads take.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
First off, let me tell you that there's no news about this anywhere else. It doesn't mean it's fake, but that NeoGAF thread is the only source of information about it. Keep that in mind for the time being.

yesmilord said:
Why does it look like those pictures are being displayed on a screen? You see a reflection in the Zodd picture and lights in a dim room.

Because they are taken from a screen (a Pioneer screen to be exact). Anyway, according to the guy who posted them they're pictures from a one year old trailer. He said he only had those 4 pictures too. He had made a thread about it a year ago to which no one had paid attention. Then he bumped it with pictures today.

btw it's gonna be a short thing sadly, looks good though.
I hope you enjoyed it and bee praying that they release it, I'm not as confident seeing as it has been a year =(

Right now I can't confirm whether it's real or fake to you guys. Analyzing the pictures might be the best bet until reliable news crop up somewhere else (assuming it's real). But don't get your hopes up in any case since even if it's real (which is not sure at all), there hasn't been any news about it in a year since the trailer was supposedly shown.

Darklink286 said:
Yeah, the one of Guts swinging at the soldiers really makes me skeptical. It looks too much like a still shot and not an action shot.

There are many small details that seem off. Zodd's wings are odd too. They kind of look like something from an action figure. Could be the CGI/traditional animation mix, though. The question is why would someone talented enough to do this waste his time making a fake Berserk trailer?

Darklink286 said:
No posts from the higher ups yet, so they're either sitting there laughing at us or trying to figure more out before they post. The thread seems to be heading down the same direction that all the Griffith(usually) photoshop style threads take.

Or they were sleeping and just got to their workplace now. :schierke: Anyway, it's not from us.

Dar_Klink

Aazealh said:
Or they were sleeping and just got to their workplace now. :schierke: Anyway, it's not from us.
Fair enough... I'm still watching you shady characters though. :troll:

SaiyajinNoOuji

Aazealh said:
The question is why would someone talented enough to do this waste his time making a fake Berserk trailer?
A lot of people do some crazy impressive things just for the hell of it. In any case it looks pretty neat.

Hmmm...
So I did a little research on the company "Studio 4c" and came up with this. Lucent Pictures and Studio 4°C launched the L4C Anime Studio in March of this year.

Through L4C, the two parent companies aim to announce their first joint project at the end of 2009.
- coincidence? :???:

I'm as skeptical as the next guy but makes you wonder...(although now that I think of it, that doesn't match up with the "1 year old trailer" story, unless it was something carried over to the new company.)

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-03-17/lucent-pictures-studio-4c-to-launch-l4c-anime-studio

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Until we see some kind of confirmation from a Japanese firm, I say these are very well-designed fakes. Despite the curiosity and excitement these pictures were designed to conjure, nothing else adds up.

So, they're making a new animation of Berserk, a widely acclaimed series from Japan, and it's first revealed on a Western forum? Despite all the resources Japan has at reporting and covering the anime industry, the TRAILER appears on an unofficial Western forum about video games? No promotional art or title or anything else hinted at in the previous months to gear up public excitement? Intuition tells me this is an elaborate fake.

Oh, and the fact that it's being output on a Pioneer TV lends 0 credibility to its legitimacy. It could easily be edited in any common video editor, burned to DVD and displayed to make it look more authentic...

Darklink286 said:
No posts from the higher ups yet, so they're either sitting there laughing at us or trying to figure more out before they post.
Pffff, please don't presume in the future that I'll sacrifice sleep in order to check Berserk Miscellaneous posts every hour on the hour.

Well, right now, I think they are fake, just because I don't want to get my hopes up, and not everything adds up.

However, I asked one of my co-workers here at Media Blasters (for those that don't know we put out Berserk on DVD in America), and she once sat down with the producers of the first anime in Japan and he said that he's always wanted to make a 2nd anime, and if they did, he would want Zodd to be done in CG. And as you can see up there, Zodd looks like he's in CG.

ANYWAYS, aside from that, I'm just gonna try and stay calm and sane and logical. I'LL TRY!!!

EDIT: PS, you know one thing that sticks out to me is the fact that Guts' cape is brown, instead of black. If it's a fake, and someone was trying to make it look as real as possible, I'm assuming that person would have made the cape black, like we all believe it should be. But, the cape is brown... like the old anime, and anime's tend to take more liberties with these kinds of things... so yeah, i dunno... makes you think!!!

EDIT2: One more thing about 4C, so apparently, 4C is the studio that did our Media Blaster's title, Tweeny Witches, which has really gorgeous animation. 4C is actually a HIGH budget studio that puts together beautiful shows (so great news if it IS working on Berserk), however none of 4C's stuff is too anime-ish. 4C is certainly more westernized.

Definitely fake. Supposedly only got four pics from a trailer seen a year ago. No additional news sources. No additional leaks. Too many inconsistencies for me. Can anybody compare the way this is slowly being leaked to something else that came about in a similar fashion that turned out to be true in the long run?

Either way, I'm not impressed with the artwork. Stylistically, it just doesn't fit Berserk. It's too clean and too bright for me. Not that the anime we currently have is much better, but I'll take that over this.

...or perhaps I am being negative to jinx (reverse jinx? how does that work?) it into being true...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
EDIT: PS, you know one thing that sticks out to me is the fact that Guts' cape is brown, instead of black. If it's a fake, and someone was trying to make it look as real as possible, I'm assuming that person would have made the cape black, like we all believe it should be. But, the cape is brown... like the old anime, and anime's tend to take more liberties with these kinds of things... so yeah, i dunno... makes you think!!!

Yeah, there are plenty of small details that are off in those pictures if one gets picky. Not just the cape, the armor has a standard metallic color too instead of being black for example. But like you said, it sadly doesn't necessarily mean they're fake...

DirectDK said:
4C is actually a HIGH budget studio that puts together beautiful shows (so great news if it IS working on Berserk)

Yeah, hypothetically it'd be one of the better companies to get the project (which would be appreciated), but note the guy didn't expressly say it came from them, just that his friend works for them.

BerserkMJM said:
Either way, I'm not impressed with the artwork. Stylistically, it just doesn't fit Berserk.

Not a big fan either.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
If it's not fake, it looks like standard anime to me. I agree that it doesn't fit Miura's style at all, which is a shame, but we've got the manga, so all is well.

Truth be told, I like the images of Puck and Casca, at least. Zodd and Guts are a bit off though. If it is real, I think it's a bit unfair to compare it to Miura, sure it's no van Gogh, but if it gets the job done then I'm fine with it; seeing all of the far more current stories in fully fledged animation will be a treat for me (and hey, anything Berserk related that's at the very least good is always welcome by me, especially if it means more music by Master Susumu Hirasawa :slan:)

And it could very well be something that was in production that got canned for all we know. :ganishka:

Another pointer to it being a fake: considering this guy wanted to let it be something he wanted to share with a few people, he sort of pooped it up by posting on, ummm...one of the biggest message boards on the internet. :schierke:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom