New Berserk Anime pics fake or real you decide...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see this being an OVA but not an anime series. I always thought making OVA's was what would eventually be done for Berserk. I know some things don't add up but I'm going to be optimistic on this.

Henry Spencer said:
And it could very well be something that was in production that got canned for all we know. :ganishka:

That's likely. I would imagine if any new Berserk anime or OVA is to be made, Miura would be more strict(not sure if this is the right word I'm looking for) in adding his input into it than the one we know. For instance, if those are real, Puck is actually in there as opposed to not being there. Didn't in the anime they asked Miura if they could cut out Puck? I would love a new Berserk animation where Miura has full control like that.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
I don't even know why I am bothering with this again but if this was a trailer for a new re-masted or what ever you want to call it series, why only show puck? Why not show SK? Silat? Farnese ? etc.

I'll throw out the possibility that it's also possible that they could be from cut scenes to a new Berserk videogame. Which is about as likely as any of the other theories, but hasn't been mentioned yet.

They're very... nice images, and if they are real I'm thrilled that Puck is finally being given his due :puck: , but yeah, I'm waiting for something a little more official than 'random western forum' before I get excited.

Bekul said:
I'll throw out the possibility that it's also possible that they could be from cut scenes to a new Berserk videogame. Which is about as likely as any of the other theories, but hasn't been mentioned yet.

Actually it has been mentioned by Darklink286.

Darklink286 said:
I'm too scared to feel hopeful right now... these look too good... maybe a new game if it's not a new series or continuation. :isidro:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
ori said:
I can see this being an OVA but not an anime series. I always thought making OVA's was what would eventually be done for Berserk.

The guy who posted the pictures said it would be something "short", so even if it's real, it apparently won't be a new TV series.

ori said:
I would imagine if any new Berserk anime or OVA is to be made, Miura would be more strict(not sure if this is the right word I'm looking for) in adding his input into it than the one we know. For instance, if those are real, Puck is actually in there as opposed to not being there. Didn't in the anime they asked Miura if they could cut out Puck? I would love a new Berserk animation where Miura has full control like that.

For the original series Miura's involvement limited itself to heavily correcting the scripts, since apparently they were going to deviate from the story a lot more than they ended up doing. I also wish that if a new animation were made, he'd be more closely involved... But you know, considering the Black Swordsman's not actually wearing anything black in that picture, I wouldn't hope too much.

Before editing his first post he said that his friend was working on some sort of a test footage and that they (studio 4c) didn't know if it would be turned into a movie or series. If real it means that they're still in production or it's been canned.

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity
Cool Stuff.

Going by the artwork, it looks very much to me like it was done by multiple people, and it looks done in a very clean and standardized way, so I'd have to think this did come from a studio for whatever purpose.

Yeah, it could actually have been something that was pitched to the higher ups at said company, but is still not finalised whether it will go ahead yet or not. It could just be test footage. Test footage often gets leaked for projects (whether it be game or animes etc) that could go either way; getting made or not.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
ZoddGuts said:
Before editing his first post he said that his friend was working on some sort of a test footage and that they (studio 4c) didn't know if it would be turned into a movie or series.

He didn't say the studio didn't know what it would become, it's just that he didn't know himself. Then in all his following posts he said it'd be something short.

Henry Spencer said:
It could just be test footage.

Well yeah, that's the premise of the whole "leak" story in the first place... And just in case you've missed it, the footage is supposedly a year old.

I don't necessarily think these would be from a new game considering the previous two used CG cutscenes ones.

I examined these for a few moments, and here are my thoughts

Zodd
I think they are using CG, and it kind of reminds me of the more recent series I saw which used a similar style of CGI called Bokurano. Most notable of this to me was the way his mouth was open. I could be wrong though. Although I have a feeling that were this to be real it will probably flash between the two a lot.

I'm also not sure where this takes place as Zodd appears to have both two horns intact, and the one figure i've seen on Art of War does not have both of them. So maybe it takes place during the battle with Griffith? Also Zodd clearly appears to be in his normal gray color, although the light shining above him from the roof he crashed down makes him look yellow. This kind of atmosphere makes me think this is some kind of dream or flash back.

Puck
This looks pretty good, and if you notice there is even bits of pixie dust falling off of him. Not sure of the location as it could be anywhere at this point.

Guts
This makes it seem more real in my opinion due to the awkward choice of picture taking. Now the first thing I noticed was the incredible detail someone put into this. If you look closely there are several knights which each of them have unique details separating them from each other. One has a weird half red-half silver shield and is really bulky, another has a solid red shield and not so bulky. Also the use of shading, and lighting is excellent.

As far as guts himself I think the person taking the picture just took it at an awkward moment. If you stop a movie, or anime sometimes you will notice characters looking goofy in motion, or in anime a lack or distortion of details. Since Guts is surrounded it seems the artist here took liberties to sacrafice some details of Guts's face, and focus mostly on his surroundings. Although from the small bit of detail you can see he is apparently missing one eye or has it closed. The sword length seems a little off, but at the same time it is curved as it bounces through the body distorting the size of it. The only thing that struck me as odd was the blood on his leg seemed out of place. This could even be a slow motion shot.

Casca
Looks excellent, and the use of this shot makes me think it may not be game related.

With all that out of the way all this reminds me of something similar that had happened to one of my favorite series. Ys having been a successful game series, and spawning an anime series of its own was about to have yet another series except this time based on the 4th game. They went as far as to make a trailer, but the anime beyond that never seen the light of day ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7iH7QTEN1o ). Upon researching it seems that the trailer was made to see if there were any distributors interested in funding or backing up the project. Although nothing ever happened.

Keeping note that this was taken a year ago it is very likely this is the same scenario. A studio makes a trailer which shows off a lot of high end visuals, story twists, characters, and would need obviously need a big budget to start work on it. The studio probably sent a dvd to a few companies in private, and somehow the person posting the screens got ahold of it. I imagine the reason why the original poster is being vague is because revealing this kind of information could bring unwanted harm towards their career.

So it all looks real to me due to the high quality of the screens, and no obvious photoshopping.

Not to mention if someone did make these they went WAY out of their way to reproduce abunch of art just to have them be in the end a 2 minute joke on everybody. With the kind of talent that would go behind these screens in the case of someone having just made them for fun would be the kind of talent one could be using the produce a new series =)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Sufida said:
I'm also not sure where this takes place as Zodd appears to have both two horns intact, and the one figure i've seen on Art of War does not have both of them.

It's very obviously from episode 005 in volume 5. Anyway, since we're talking about his horns, note that they don't have the right shape in the picture. They bend inwards instead of outwards. His wings look weird too, not like they do in the manga.

Sufida said:
Also Zodd clearly appears to be in his normal gray color

Since when is gray Zodd's "normal color?"

Sufida said:
As far as guts himself I think the person taking the picture just took it at an awkward moment. If you stop a movie, or anime sometimes you will notice characters looking goofy in motion, or in anime a lack or distortion of details. Since Guts is surrounded it seems the artist here took liberties to sacrafice some details of Guts's face, and focus mostly on his surroundings.

Guts' garb isn't the proper color, and beyond that it's not even the correct armor he wore during that battle. His forearm also isn't bloody (and it should be, considering the scene it depicts)... So yeah whoever did this sure took liberties.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Oburi said:
Lets just send these shots to Miura and get the final word on whats really going on :guts:

I rather just wait for an official statement from a studio. Miura is a busy man Oburi, let him just keep working on the manga.

Aazealh said:
It's very obviously from episode 005 in volume 5. Anyway, since we're talking about his horns, note that they don't have the right shape in the picture. They bend inwards instead of outwards. His wings look weird too, not like they do in the manga.

Since when is gray Zodd's "normal color?"

Guts' garb isn't the proper color, and beyond that it's not even the correct armor he wore during that battle. His forearm also isn't bloody (and it should be, considering the scene it depicts)... So yeah whoever did this sure took liberties.

lol

The brown swordsman. I mean it isn't like making Gut's gear the wrong colour is a small issue; he's called "The Black Swordsman" enough times in the story. Would the Beast be coloured brown too? This mistake, above all of the others is the most unforgivable really. It's like putting Darth Vader in a brown costume, it's too big of a liberty for them to simply ignore. I can see Miura's head spinning when he gets around to seeing that footage, if the project would get off the ground...

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I always thought that making Femto red was pretty dumb, too, considering he's shown to be dark blue (almost purple) on Vol. 12's cover.

Wow, that is really nice looking, and it's an exciting thought to think it's real. Though we all know most likely it's just some talented asshole trying to fuck with Berserk fans everywhere.

Oburi

All praise Grail
aufond said:
Wow, that is really nice looking, and it's an exciting thought to think it's real. Though we all know most likely it's just some talented asshole trying to fuck with Berserk fans everywhere.

eh, i think the abandoned project theory is more believable.

Henry Spencer said:
The brown swordsman. I mean it isn't like making Guts gear the wrong colour is a small issue; he's called "The Black Swordsman" enough times in the story.....

I don't see the big deal besides I think it's just the lighting of the scene and the crappiness of that pioneer television giving the impression of the brown color. I mean it's only his cape. At least his armor is in black. It only looks like silver armor for the same reason IMO.

An example for what I'm saying is in Amazing Spiderman when they introduced the entire black costume symbiote/Venom arc. Venom has a black costume right? But he was always highlighted with a blue color. Same when Spidey donned the symbiote. We know their costumes are black but they highlighted it to show movement within the panels. That's what I think is going on here.

Rhombaad said:
I always thought that making Femto red was pretty dumb, too, considering he's shown to be dark blue (almost purple) on Vol. 12's cover.

When was he red? If you're talking about the anime then he would appear that way since the entire scene and surroundings therein are red. But when I saw Femto in the anime I didn't view him as red I saw purple. Again, like what I was explaining about the coloring of Guts' cape is that it's just highlights. I always imagined Femto's body to be not full glossy but somewhat so. Reflecting his surroundings during the eclipse would cause that reddish highlight/tinge to his body.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
ori said:
I don't see the big deal besides I think it's just the lighting of the scene and the crappiness of that pioneer television giving the impression of the brown color. I mean it's only his cape. At least his armor is in black. It only looks like silver armor for the same reason IMO.

Hahaha, what are you talking about? Then all the soldiers in the picture wear black armor too, and it's only the lighting of the scene and the "crappy" TV's fault they appear grey?

ori said:
When was he red? If you're talking about the anime then he would appear that way since the entire scene and surroundings therein are red. But when I saw Femto in the anime I didn't view him as red I saw purple. Again, like what I was explaining about the coloring of Guts' cape is that it's just highlights. I always imagined Femto's body to be not full glossy but somewhat so. Reflecting his surroundings during the eclipse would cause that reddish highlight/tinge to his body.

Dude you have a problem with colors. Either that or you're rationalizing things beyond any logic. Femto's the wrong color in the anime. It's a widely acknowledged fact. It's not highlights or glossiness or anything.

Aazealh said:
Hahaha, what are you talking about? Then all the soldiers in the picture wear black armor too, and it's only the lighting of the scene and the "crappy" TV's fault they appear grey?

I was trying to explain my reasoning with the spiderman comics example. Maybe I didn't explain right. I definitely see silver armor in the soldiers. With Guts it looks darker but....Darn if that scene was in motion maybe it would look different.

Aazealh said:
Dude you have a problem with colors. Either that or you're rationalizing things beyond any logic. Femto's the wrong color in the anime. It's a widely acknowledged fact. It's not highlights or glossiness or anything.

Haha no no. I'm not like that guy that thought Shierke's hair wasn't green cause I acknowledge that. So I shouldn't be color blind :serpico: You're right maybe I am rationalizing too much. I wouldn't say rationalizing but understanding why they chose some of the colors they did for him in that particular scene.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
ori said:
I was trying to explain my reasoning with the spiderman comics example. Maybe I didn't explain right. I definitely see silver armor in the soldiers. With Guts it looks darker but....Darn if that scene was in motion maybe it would look different.

No, I understood what you meant, I just disagree. I don't see Guts' armor as being black with grey highlights in that picture. I see it as grey. Same with the cape (looks dark green to me). Maybe it would indeed look different in motion, maybe not. To be honest I don't think it's all that important at this point anyway.

ori said:
You're right maybe I am rationalizing too much. I wouldn't say rationalizing but understanding why they chose some of the colors they did for him in that particular scene.

But you don't know why they chose that color, that's the thing. Your assumption that it was to reflect the "red" surroundings doesn't have a leg to stand on. In the first episode he appears in the dark, and all the members of the God Hand are shown in blue except him.

Oburi said:
eh, i think the abandoned project theory is more believable.

Pretty much, and just look at the example I gave with the Ys IV trailer. At the time that trailer was made a full OVA or series sprung from it would of looked top notch at the time it was made. There were also certain color or design changes that derived a little from its source.

Now look at the Berserk screens. This would look pretty top notch if it came out a year ago. As far as the discrepancies go if you remember the Berserk video games there were different alterations from the source such as color choices. It's also possible assuming the trailer/preview was made just to spark interest for funding that it was rushed which is why there are so many discrepancies. Also keep in mind that if what we see was made just for a trailer that would not mean it would completely reflect the final outcome.

This is also a practice common in our own movie, or even game industry. Just like how in DMC2 Dante originally wore a stupid red jumpsuit, or the Resident Evil 2 prototype that had enemies, areas, and characters not in the final release. Perhaps the best example are the tech demos for Final Fantasy VI on N64, and FFVII on PS3 which again never saw anything beyond just being a demo.

Another known, and laughable example of this is a trailer for the canceled film Sleepaway Camp 4. They went as far as filming footage just for a trailer with hopes of gaining funding( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q407D4Quh4 ). The trailer and any information on the film was never seen until it was included with a DVD release of another movie.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Sufida said:
As far as the discrepancies go if you remember the Berserk video games there were different alterations from the source such as color choices.

What color choices were different from the source? For the most part the Dreamcast game fit the manga perfectly (Miura was very involved). The PS2 game was "just for fun" (pretty much what Miura himself said about it) and featured some big changes to the story for convenience's sake, but the colors in it were mostly correct as far as I remember.

Sufida said:
Also keep in mind that if what we see was made just for a trailer that would not mean it would completely reflect the final outcome.

Of course, which is why the various errors and inaccuracies don't really matter at this point. Assuming it's real.

Sufida said:
This is also a practice common in our own movie, or even game industry. Just like how in DMC2 Dante originally wore a stupid red jumpsuit, or the Resident Evil 2 prototype that had enemies, areas, and characters not in the final release. Perhaps the best example are the tech demos for Final Fantasy VI on N64, and FFVII on PS3 which again never saw anything beyond just being a demo.

To be honest I don't find those examples to be especially pertinent (nor particularly accurate). I think the Ys IV one is much more appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom