New Berserk Anime pics fake or real you decide...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
At this point, until we hear something from Miura or YA about a new anime series, we shouldn't be expecting anything anytime soon. I think Miura would be the first to say that a new anime series was in production. I doubt we'd hear about it after preview pics were already released.

Hello folks, some interesting news.

The guys from NTV Japan (producers/licensers of the Berserk anime) were in our studio yesterday, and of course, John Sirabella (CEO of Media Blasters) finally was able to ask them face to face about a new Berserk TV series and about the pictures that were released. Here is the answer:

"We have the money and desire to create a new Berserk, but nothing is being done yet because Miura and Hakusensha have not decided which part of the story to do, and how many episodes it should run."

They did not refute the screenshots explicitly but it seems like they are most likely fake. From the way they described things, they haven't figured out the episode count, or the art style, or anything. All they confirmed was everything is in place to make a new anime, but nothing has been done yet.

So... it looks like we can stop holding our breath for a while folks... :sad:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
The guys from NTV Japan (producers/licensers of the Berserk anime) were in our studio yesterday, and of course, John Sirabella (CEO of Media Blasters) finally was able to ask them face to face about a new Berserk TV series and about the pictures that were released. Here is the answer:

"We have the money and desire to create a new Berserk, but nothing is being done yet because Miura and Hakusensha have not decided which part of the story to do, and how many episodes it should run."

They did not refute the screenshots explicitly but it seems like they are most likely fake. From the way they described things, they haven't figured out the episode count, or the art style, or anything. All they confirmed was everything is in place to make a new anime, but nothing has been done yet.

Not very surprising.

Well from what I have seen in those pictures I'm getting my hopes up just yet, but if it is the upcoming "Season 2" that we have scraped ourselves craving for I think it could do a little better in the art style. I would think that the style & designs would be much grittier and darker compared to what the original series was.

But we are now near the end of 2009 and the anime ended in 1998 so I am pretty much giving up hope that a new Berserk anime will ever rise up.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Skullgrin140 said:
Well from what I have seen in those pictures I'm getting my hopes up just yet, but if it is the upcoming "Season 2" ...
Did you read the above posts? This is likely a fake. They weren't even close to production.

Tirade

Hai Yai, Forces!
Walter said:
Did you read the above posts? This is likely a fake. They weren't even close to production.

He probably just skimmed through some of the earlier posts.

However, I do think another season of Berserk anime will come to pass. There's money just waiting to be made in such a venture.

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
Tirade said:
There's money just waiting to be made in such a venture.

Yeah, if they dumb the anime down even further so that it's appropriate for viewers younger than 17. :schierke:
I know Berserk's popularity has only increased with time, but I'm not sure it's at a stage where a graphic, true-to-the-manga series would be profitable. Not saying you're arguing this, of course.

Tirade

Hai Yai, Forces!
Saephon said:
Yeah, if they dumb the anime down even further so that it's appropriate for viewers younger than 17. :schierke:
I know Berserk's popularity has only increased with time, but I'm not sure it's at a stage where a graphic, true-to-the-manga series would be profitable. Not saying you're arguing this, of course.

Dumb it down any further? Huh? Not sure I catch what you mean there. While the Berserk anime isn't very true to the Manga (not many anime shows are), it is an entertaining show.

I just don't see how you could lose with another season of Berserk. The title is always popular in Japan. Based off of DH's manga sales, I'd wager it has become quite popular here in America. People would literally eat up a new Berserk anime series.

Thanks for telling us, DirectDK.

I also hope those pictures are fake, and am very happy to see some evidence of that. I liked the sceneries in some of them, but that's about it.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Skullgrin140 said:
if it is the upcoming "Season 2" that we have scraped ourselves craving for I think it could do a little better in the art style

There isn't going to be a "second season". It was never planned. If anything ever happens it'll likely take a fresh start. How long will we have to be repeating this?

Skullgrin140 said:
But we are now near the end of 2009 and the anime ended in 1998 so I am pretty much giving up hope that a new Berserk anime will ever rise up.

That's a pretty mindless statement, in typical Skullgrin140 fashion. Who's to say there won't be a new animated TV series (or a series of OVAs) 5 or 10 years from now?

X

Xem

DirectDK said:
Hello folks, some interesting news.

It's funny that a lot of people are referring to the screen shots as "fake". Regardless if they're they're stills from new series or not, they are impressive images. Obviously, they're screen captures taken from media that was shown on a TV. If it's from a video, I'd love to see it in it's entirety!

Either way, I think most of us know a new Berserk animation is going to happen at some point eventually. Personally, if I had to decide on a particular segment of the story to focus on, it'd be the part starting right after Guts decides to embark on a seemingly hopeless revenge quest right after the eclipse and end it at Griffith's incarnation at Albion. Trying not to go too nerd crazy, I can't help but speculate; maybe Muira could even re-introduce the first 3 volumes in their chronological order - after the Eclipse. That way we'd have a proper introduction of Puck - among a lot of other things.

Also, you'd retain an awesome twist ending with Griffith ultimately becoming incarnated, bringing the original anime and the new one full circle as far as Griffith's destruction/reconstruction goes! :griffnotevil:

Then we could wait another decade for a new anime! :void:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Deci said:
It's funny that a lot of people are referring to the screen shots as "fake". Regardless if they're they're stills from new series or not, they are impressive images. Obviously, they're screen captures taken from media that was shown on a TV.

What, you don't understand the meaning of the word "fake" in the context? If it's fan-made material someone's trying to pass off as an official pre-production trailer for the sake of fooling people then yeah, the term "fake" is appropriate. The fact they're pictures of something being displayed on a television is completely irrelevant (and also doesn't prove it's from an actual video).

Deci said:
Either way, I think most of us know a new Berserk animation is going to happen at some point eventually.

People don't know anything. They just hope and guess.

Deci said:
I can't help but speculate; maybe Miura could even re-introduce the first 3 volumes in their chronological order - after the Eclipse. That way we'd have a proper introduction of Puck - among a lot of other things.

From what you're saying it seems you assume a new production would necessarily be tied to the 1997-1998 TV series. Which is rather unlikely, considering it came out over a decade ago and was amputated of several crucial elements for the development of the story. Besides, the Golden Age arc certainly deserves a more faithful adaptation.

Deci said:
Also, you'd retain an awesome twist ending with Griffith ultimately becoming incarnated

It's Femto who was incarnated. Griffith is the result: Femto incarnate.

I'm pretty used to the manga now. The anime is more nostalgic than anything. Even though these pictures are fake, I'm very happy to hear at least "some" higher up figure has at least considered focusing on a possible new anime. In honesty, I hope it has a higher budget. But buggers can't be choosers. Then again, some probably rather there not be a new production if worthy animation isn't there to back it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom