New Character Icons

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
This is where I will post new icons as I make them. You can choose these icons to be your avatar (the image of your persona on the BBS) by changing your profile with the button on the menu at the top.

9/19/01:

Rakushas:
rakushas.jpg

Locus:
locus.jpg

Naga (The armored guy has no name, but is referred to by the Kushans as Naga so...):

naga.jpg

The above three icons were made so that I can now implement those new characters into the Character section of the FAQ. Look for their implementation sometime this weekend. (Though for regular readers of my site, and this BBS it wont be anything profoundly new of cource...)

More, just for fun:
Femto (alternate):
femto2.jpg

Femto (Alternate part II):
femto3.jpg

Guts (This was from an olllld postcard that Jin sent to me. Ill post it in the Renditions section also this weekend):
guts.jpg

Griffith (alternate2):
griffith2.jpg

Thats all for now! Enjoy.

Rakushas:
rakushas.jpg

I'd spell that name "Rakshas", as the Rakshas (or "Rasetsu", in Japanese) are demons of the Hindu mythology, and the Bakiraka clan seems to be inspired from that civilisation (their language sounds a lot like Sanskrit, for example).

Of course, I can't tell for sure, for that one... ^_^;
(and I'd really like to know how to spell "rokusu"  :-/ )

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
I'd spell that name "Rakshas", as the Rakshas (or "Rasetsu", in Japanese) are demons of the Hindu mythology,

from my random mythology knowledge, aren't rakshasas feline shapeshifters that eat people?

rama and hanuman defeated the lord of rakshasas (whose name, for some reason, i can't remember) and that pretty much became rama's greatest deed

sw33t re-colors Walter!

I'd spell that name "Rakshas", as the Rakshas (or "Rasetsu", in Japanese) are demons of the Hindu mythology, and the Bakiraka clan seems to be inspired from that civilisation (their language sounds a lot like Sanskrit, for example).

whats the kanji mean? i got evening demon/evil or something...

floydboy

Is There anybody out there?
this was the first time i saw the wiinie the pooh icon......LOL...o man was that funny (at least at the moment it was)...

as for the Rakshas it reminds me of "prying open my third eye"...kudos for anyone who can get that reference.

aelka

*gasp* you know how hot I am? *no.*
<--It's getting chilly around this time of year just standing around being naked Slann. Time to move on with some pathetic fuzzy coated freaks.

:-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

P

paradiselost

...uhm....but, when was it created that anime of Tenchi?

???

...I mean...maybe Miura took an inspiration by tenchi....uhmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

:-/

P

paradiselost

...come on, Olivier, be serious, please...don't get on something of ridicolous...

::)

...for sure, they don't create it last week, but maybe, they took a kind of ispirationb, why don't?

;)

...for sure, they don't create it last week, but maybe, they took a kind of ispirationb, why don't?

How would a character of an already-released movie be inspired by a comics character who appeared for the first time _last month_?

P

paradiselost

...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

...Olivier, my friend, I said the exact contrary about what you said...! Really...

...it was Miura the one who took inspiration, guy!

;)

...Olivier, my friend, I said the exact contrary about what you said...! Really...
...it was Miura the one who took inspiration, guy!

No, you didn't, "guy":

How is "they" (the same "they" who made the movie) supposed to be "Miura"?

Also, if you always thought that the inspiration came from "Tenchi Muyô in Love", why did you ask for the release date (April 20, 1996, by the way)?

P

paradiselost

...well, 'cause I don't exactly remember all the days of creation of all the animes I have seen in my life, Oliver...

;)

...however, it has been a kind of misunderstanding, no problem, dear...

;)

...well, 'cause I don't exactly remember all the days of creation of all the animes I have seen in my life, Oliver...

(it's _Olivier_)
And how was that related to the Rakshas character and the possible origins of his design?

...however, it has been a kind of misunderstanding, no problem, dear...

Sure. -__-

Top Bottom