New item on ART OF WAR website: Crystal Art: Beherit

It's not a statue, but a "Crystal Art: Beherit"

OP21108438205_2.jpg

OP31108438205_3.jpg

It's 5,800 yen (roughly $58 US), and stands 11cm high (base included).
Limited to 500 pieces for "first round of production" (I'm guessing that means they are going to make another one later... maybe an open faced one???)

Looks pretty neat, though I'm still personally debating whether or not to order one.

Anywhere, the link to the item is here:
http://www.art-of-war.co.jp/english/items/detail.php?gid=135

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Re: New item on ART OF WAR website

Very cool item, classy... But a little expensive considering what it is (plus it's a bit small), IMHO.

JIN

Yudanero...

Aazealh said:
Very cool item, classy... But a little expensive considering what it is (plus it's a bit small), IMHO.

To quote Aazealh- "AOW = rip off "  ...have more truthful words ever been uttered?

When AOW announced item 100 a few days ago they released the date it would be available for pre-order and the time (2/10/05 11:00 am japan time) only. Also mentioning to look for updates to the webpage. Feb. 10 rolls around and the website is updated a few hours before 11:00 am japan time stating the details mentioned in the opening of the post by DirectDK. What is not mentioned is the item was available for ordering on the website several hours before the 11:00 am. Thats cool and all but I'm seriously thinking they make prices up off the top of their heads and see if people bite. It bit em the ass w/ the re-release of the Silver Beherit (item 99, duplicating item 79). ONLY 50 MADE...yet still available for pre-order. So either there are more than 50, or there werent 50 interested people out there...well so far. With that image of discouragement in ones mind I can conclude by mentioning that I made sure to get my pre order in for the crystal beherit art.   -__-

oh I asked if they could give me a heads up of the release schedule coming out for early 2005...they said....
Strap for Handy Phone "Beherit" for Young Animal Exclusive(2/25)
Berserk Wrist Watch
Zodd Hishou(Statue or PVC Statue)
Zodd
Kyousenshi
Mini Berserk Vol. 5 Series

Start saving now...oh and Happy Collecting!

There is a place in a large mall close to me, Opry Mills Mall, that makes those things. You can put any picture you want in 3D in the crystal. A picture of you or your dog, the dragonslayer, anything. They are rather expensive though, the $58 is actually kinda cheap compared to what they charge. I just thought it was interesting to see a beherit ;D.

- C

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

JIN said:
To quote Aazealh- "AOW = rip off "  ...have more truthful words ever been uttered?

Hehe, it's part of the game though. They earn their money by making every item as rare as possible, problem is that the fans can't get enough collectibles in the end, and for a high price everytime, it's very frustrating for us.

JIN said:
oh I asked if they could give me a heads up of the release schedule coming out for early 2005...

Now, that's cool. 8)

JIN said:

Yeah, it's for senior registrations only from what YA said though.

JIN said:
Berserk Wrist Watch

Wow, I've been waiting for this one... I'm a sucker for watches. Good news.

JIN said:
oh I asked if they could give me a heads up of the release schedule coming out for early 2005...they said....
Berserk Wrist Watch
Zodd
Kyousenshi

What about Serpico!?  Hehe, I really want a statue of him.  The 2 Zodds and the Kyousenshi make me curious though.

JIN said:

When AOW announced item 100 a few days ago they released the date it would be available for pre-order and the time (2/10/05 11:00 am japan time) only. Also mentioning to look for updates to the webpage. Feb. 10 rolls around and the website is updated a few hours before 11:00 am japan time stating the details mentioned in the opening of the post by DirectDK. What is not mentioned is the item was available for ordering on the website several hours before the 11:00 am. Thats cool and all but I'm seriously thinking they make prices up off the top of their heads and see if people bite. It bit em the ass w/ the re-release of the Silver Beherit (item 99, duplicating item 79). ONLY 50 MADE...yet still available for pre-order. So either there are more than 50, or there werent 50 interested people out there...well so far. With that image of discouragement in ones mind I can conclude by mentioning that I made sure to get my pre order in for the crystal beherit art.   -__-

Berserk Wrist Watch
Zodd
Kyousenshi

I personally don't think the crystal behelit is a rip off (I'm not buying it nevertheless, I thought it was a behelit made of crystal, not a paperweight...I have like 3 of those types of paperwieghts already)
You're right on the silver behelit reissue costing wayyy too much thou. I think not more than 50 ppl were interested. It's just a lot of money for a reissue, I feel.

As for the lineup for 2005, that's interesting that they told you stuff. I'm sure they know you better than me, so that's probably why (The Berserker Armor is the first thing I officially bought off them). When I asked them last week, they just said that they cant' tell me anything, but there will be new and exciting products for this year's lineup.

That Zodd stuff....is it apostle form or Human form? What are they? I'm not too familiar with them. Zodd is my favorite character, so i'm interested.

As for the Berserker Armor, i've had numerous emails to AOW about it. I don't understand why they are so insistent on 300 Bloody Exclusive 1's. They told me that they have over 100 ppl on the waiting list for Exclusive 1, but they aren't going to make anymore, because "it is their custom to release 300 in number" or something like that. Sure, it makes things limited so that's good for them, but they should want more money, and there has been a HUGE demand for it from all around the world. As far as they have been telling me via email (numerous times) they are not planning to make any more of Exclusive 1, they are not planning to re-issue Exclusive 1, they are sorry that they are sold out, etc.

Since they aren't even made yet, i really think they should bump it up to 400 or 500 units. With 100 on the wait list already, that's a pretty big demand. Oh well, enough of my rant.

N

neofelis

Well, my Japanese is awful, but Hishou to my knowledge means "flying" or "of sky" so I'll take a guess and say it's a flying Zoddo statue, so he would have to be in apostle form.

neofelis said:
Well, my Japanese is awful, but Hishou to my knowledge means "flying" or "of sky" so I'll take a guess and say it's a flying Zoddo statue, so he would have to be in apostle form.

That would truly be AWESOME.  =)

Hey sup,

I'm new here and just wanted to know if you guys could help me out.. I am also a big Berserk fan and really want to get that Crystal Art: Beherit... It's just that I don't really know how to order from that site.. I'll get that no matter the cost, so please help me out. I was also interested in the armored berserk statue, but yea, its sold out... geez.. i hate hunting for statues and figures.. and the more time you let pass by, the more expensive the merchandise gets.. hey, but that's me.. hah.

What info do i bring to the bank? I have never ordered via remittance before.. please help. thanks.

kupo 9 said:
Hey sup,

I'm new here and just wanted to know if you guys could help me out.. I am also a big Berserk fan and really want to get that Crystal Art: Beherit... It's just that I don't really  know how to order from that site..  I'll get that no matter the cost, so please help me out.  I was also interested in the armored berserk statue, but  yea, its sold out... geez.. i hate hunting for statues and figures.. and the more time you let pass by, the more expensive the merchandise gets.. hey, but that's me.. hah. 

What info do i bring to the bank? I have never ordered via remittance before.. please help. thanks.

Hello there,

Ordering off the AOW website is pretty easy.  The only drawback is that shipping is pretty expensive and sometimes they don't combine statues in the most cost efficient way.  You can also only pay by a bank wire transfer, which for me, results in a $32 extra charge (I use Well Fargo).

But basically, what you do, is you simply go to the English site, you click "order" on the items you want, and it'll prompt you to add your shipping information and email, etc etc.  You can also choose your shipping preference: EMS or Seamail.  DEFINITELY choose EMS because it's insured and it takes a week at most to get your statues.  Seamail is not insured and it takes 3-4 weeks, and my experience with Seamail is that they usually have poorer handling.  I've received damage items before when using Seamail, but have had all flawless experiences with EMS.  So the extra cost is worth it.

Anyways, after you submit your information, AOW will simply email you a confirmation email within 24-48 hours, and when your items are ready to ship, they will send you another email with all the information you need to take to your bank to complete the money transfer.  This will include the amount owed, the routing number, the bank account number, etc etc.  It's all very straight forward.

Hope that helps!  And good luck collecting. =)

Thanks again!!! Your info really helped me a lot.

Buy now pay later? So basically you just order on the site to make sure you have your statue reserved? And you just pay when they ship it out right? okay I'm familiar with that. I also know that EMS is the best way to go.... seamail or i think its called SAL, is really slow... Some sites even have a little message by that option saying that SAL will take about a month to reach you.. so I never really took the risk and always picked EMS.

Now that i know it's this easy to order from AOW I really regret not ordering back when everything i wanted was still instock... anyways, thanks again!!!

N

neofelis

Yeah, the people at AOW are actually really nice. They put up with a lot of stupid questions from people like me. They just contacted me about a statue I had enquired about that was sold out last year. I guess they came across one that was unsold and let me order it. Yeah, maybe their prices are high, but I've never seen a more detailed/well made statue line.

kupo 9 said:
Thanks again!!! Your info really helped me a lot. 

Buy now pay later? So basically you just order on the site to make sure you have your statue reserved? And you just pay when they ship it out right? 

Yup, exactly.

Now that i know it's this easy to order from AOW I really regret not ordering back when everything i wanted was still instock... anyways, thanks again!!!

Well, don't feel too bad.  AOW only opened up their english site late, last fall.  So pretty much, all the statues you see now are the ones that were available since then (they DID have a few God Hand normal editions and Skullknight on horse normal editions for a while though).  All those other older statues were sold out looong time ago, unfortunately.  Just keep your eyes peeled on ebay.

neofelis said:
They just contacted me about a statue I had enquired about that was sold out last year. I guess they came across one that was unsold and let me order it.

Oh yeah?  Which one?  Do tell =).

N

neofelis

I bet you got the urge to smack me on the hand with a ruler didn't ya? Must have been a nun in a former life my friend.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
neofelis said:
I bet you got the urge to smack me on the hand with a ruler didn't ya?

Just giving you the information, and many others can benefit from it, too. Better to learn than to stay ignorant, you should thank me for it.

N

neofelis

Yes, because pronouncing things phonetically in parenthesis next to the correct spelling for the benefit of the uninitiated is just plain retarded. Well, thank you then, I've seen the light. I'm going to go flagellate myself with a dictionary.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
neofelis said:
Yes, because pronouncing things phonetically in parenthesis next to the correct spelling for the benefit of the uninitiated is just plain retarded.

"Wild" and "Wyald" aren't pronounced the same way, retard. Now since you've got nothing to say, stop replying to me.

N

neofelis

They are in Japanese, A language where Wyard and Wild are pronounced similarly. You see, you petty little geek, in the Japanese dialect, the phonemic sound that the letter "R" makes is occasionally interchangeable with the sound the letter "L" makes, they cant make the distinction. Now go fuck yourself, because you're obviously a lonely little asshole with nothing better to do but be rude to stagers.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
neofelis said:
They are in Japanese, A language where Wyard and Wild are pronounced similarly.

Didn't you read what I've been saying? Why must people feel the need to speak when they don't know what they're talking about? You see, you're ignorant, but not only that, you're insulting, stubborn and arrogant. So as a result of your ridiculous insistance in being wrong, you'll be quarantined.

"Wild" is pronounced "wairudo" in Japanese, and "Wyald/Wyard" is "waiarudo". That's why we've guessed 3 or 4 years ago how his name was written. The off topic newbie rant ends here.

Top Bottom