New Readers (No Spoilers)

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Re: New readers (use spoiler tags)

Volume 8 is in the mail! Hopefully, it'll arrive sometime today or tomorrow.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew

That's awesome, you're moving fast, as usual, let us all know what you think! I'm thinking of making threads for all the separate arcs or maybe even the old volumes for discussion without worrying about spoiler tags. I'm also thinking of some more generally themed threads akin to one's in the Berserk sections like "Favorite Vagabond Moments" etc. If anyone has a post or thread idea like that ready to go though, feel free to beat me to the punch.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler

Just finished volume 9 and ordered vol. 10 right afterwards. I'll probably start a thread after I finish the next one, since I've heard ten is pretty epic.
I loved the second fight with Inshun. Musashi barely dodging Inshun's spear (but getting a nasty wound in the process) and landing that first strike literally had me shouting in excitement! Then he started hitting Inshun when he was down and I found that sick feeling in my gut from when he ran away during the first bout resurfacing. Musashi still has a long way to go.

As for vol. 9, I loved how Musashi was able to tell the flower was cut by an extraordinary swordsman just from looking at it and comparing it to his own. Him telling Denshichiro off and saying his flower was "limp and lifeless" put a big grin on my face. Denshichiro is not a man who is preoccupied with flowers, apparently.
:guts:

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.

Pretty good Rhombaad. You're getting there. Yeah Musashi sure still has a long way to go. Indeed he can see the cut better in the flower now. Remember Takuan saying, " See everyting effortlessly". I"m not going to spoil much for Vol. 10, just that you'll witness someone's is musical in vagabond.

Griffith

Yeah man, every time I check this thread, it seems like Rhombaad is two volumes ahead of where he said he was going to be! We've got an addict! :guts:

Rhombaad said:
Just finished volume 9 and ordered vol. 10 right afterwards. I'll probably start a thread after I finish the next one, since I've heard ten is pretty epic.

Looking forward to that! Also, great scenes you mentioned too, I even added one to the favorite moments thread.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler

宮本 グリフィス said:
Yeah man, every time I check this thread, it seems like Rhombaad is two volumes ahead of where he said he was going to be! We've got an addict! :guts:

Hehe, I can't deny that I'm really enjoying the series. :guts:

宮本 グリフィス said:
Looking forward to that! Also, great scenes you mentioned too, I even added one to the favorite moments thread.

Hehe, I saw that. Musashi is too cool sometimes.
I love how he does his best to irritate that one Yagyu disciple (I don't have the manga handy and I forget his name, I think it's Murata) by repeatedly messing up his name and insulting the clan. All the other disciples aren't even phased by Musashi's attempt to get them worked up. As for Jotaro, he's turning into a mini-Musashi, even Otsu picked up on it. I'm really hoping she and Musashi come face to face soon, it's killing me how they just keep missing each other.

Griffith

Rhombaad said:
I love how he does his best to irritate that one Yagyu disciple (I don't have the manga handy and I forget his name, I think it's Murata) by repeatedly messing up his name and insulting the clan.

Yeah, and kind of fitting you're not sure of his name now either, but you got it right haha. :ganishka:

Rhombaad said:
All the other disciples aren't even phased by Musashi's attempt to get them worked up.

Haha, Volume 9:
my favorite is "None of us can be taken in so easily" and then he looks over at Murata trembling, "Oh no!"

Well I have finally read Vagabond and I read volumes 1-3 in about 2 hours because I found it to be just as amazing as everyone says it is, I will definitely buy the rest and read it :beast:

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.

slan69 said:
Well I have finally read Vagabond and I read volumes 1-3 in about 2 hours because I found it to be just as amazing as everyone says it is, I will definitely buy the rest and read it :beast:

What are your thoughts about it, from reading these first 3 volumes?

Griffith

That's great, slan! Glad you took a liking to it, and I hope you enjoy the rest even more.

Th3Branded0ne said:
What are your thoughts about it, from reading these first 3 volumes?

Well from reading the 1st three volumes I can say that I really don't like Matahachi, I thought what he did was selfish and wrong because he already had a fiance and he made things worse for Miyamoto. I really don't like the granny to because she's so damn mean to Miyamoto when he was only telling her the truth, so in return they send a huge search party to kill him :sad:. I have to say so far my favorite part was when Miyamoto went to the Yoshioka school and challenged Yoshioka Seijuro to a duel and killed those 5 men, then Yoshioka's brother ended up having a duel with Miyamoto. Well I will definitely try and get up to speed with everyone here by reading the rest and keeping up to date with the new chapters that come out :slan:

slan69 said:
Well from reading the 1st three volumes I can say that I really don't like Matahachi, I thought what he did was selfish and wrong because he already had a fiance and he made things worse for Miyamoto. I really don't like the granny to because she's so damn mean to Miyamoto when he was only telling her the truth, so in return they send a huge search party to kill him :sad:. I have to say so far my favorite part was when Miyamoto went to the Yoshioka school and challenged Yoshioka Seijuro to a duel and killed those 5 men, then Yoshioka's brother ended up having a duel with Miyamoto. Well I will definitely try and get up to speed with everyone here by reading the rest and keeping up to date with the new chapters that come out :slan:
Matahachi takes some growing on you, like a fine wine! :ganishka: The series is the same though. I didnt like it much until later until about the seventh volume or so. Stick to it!

Slan take it from me a girl, the Kojiro stuff is worth sticking around for. SO HOT!!! :casca: :slan:

Kalie Ma said:
Matahachi takes some growing on you, like a fine wine! :ganishka: The series is the same though. I didnt like it much until later until about the seventh volume or so. Stick to it!

Slan take it from me a girl, the Kojiro stuff is worth sticking around for. SO HOT!!! :casca: :slan:

Ahahah okay, although I think Miyamoto is quite the hotty :carcus: By the way nice name Kalie Ma ahahhhaha (not in a bad way though :slan:)

Griffith

slan69 said:
Well from reading the 1st three volumes I can say that I really don't like Matahachi, I thought what he did was selfish and wrong because he already had a fiance and he made things worse for Miyamoto. I really don't like the granny to because she's so damn mean to Miyamoto when he was only telling her the truth, so in return they send a huge search party to kill him :sad:.

Yeah, I don't think there's anything wrong with feeling that way about those two. They will grow on you though, in their own way. I'd say more like a fungus than a fine wine though. :ganishka:

slan69 said:
I have to say so far my favorite part was when Miyamoto went to the Yoshioka school and challenged Yoshioka Seijuro to a duel and killed those 5 men, then Yoshioka's brother ended up having a duel with Miyamoto.

Certainly an early highlight, and that's basically what he's going to be doing for a while, except on a much higher level, both in terms of his challenges and the storytelling.

slan69 said:
Well I will definitely try and get up to speed with everyone here by reading the rest and keeping up to date with the new chapters that come out :slan:

Awesome, I hope you'll be extending your stay at the Inn! :griffnotevil:

宮本 グリフィス said:
Yeah, I don't think there's anything wrong with feeling that way about those two. They will grow on you though, in their own way. I'd say more like a fungus than a fine wine though. :ganishka:

Certainly an early highlight, and that's basically what he's going to be doing for a while, except on a much higher level, both in terms of his challenges and the storytelling.

Awesome, I hope you'll be extending your stay at the Inn! :griffnotevil:

I will definitely stay in this Inn, and I have read up to volume 8 now and I can say that granny and Matahachi(or should I say Sasaki Kojiro) are growing on me like a fungus :ganishka:
I really enjoyed the fight Miyamoto had with Inshun it was pretty intense if you ask me, and I actually really liked Inshun in the story. He's a pretty cool character and his story when he was a child was very sad
:judo:

Griffith

slan69 said:
I really enjoyed the fight Miyamoto had with Inshun it was pretty intense if you ask me, and I actually really liked Inshun in the story. He's a pretty cool character and his story when he was a child was very sad
:judo:

Yeah, some of those flashbacks are real tearjerkers, some are especially poignant later, particularly in the Kojiro arc.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Whoa, Slan is slamming through Vagabond! Good to see you've crossed into the good stuff now. Hope you continue to enjoy it and post your thoughts, impressions.

Walter said:
Whoa, Slan is slamming through Vagabond! Good to see you've crossed into the good stuff now. Hope you continue to enjoy it and post your thoughts, impressions.

Hehehe thanks Walter, I am at volume 17 so far and will be reading 18 as soon as I get it hopefully in the mail tomorrow along with the rest of the volumes :zodd:
I really like the Kojiro arc he's quite the odd one in the story so far. He starts carrying that huge samurai sword at the age of the 3, jeez he's like super toddler or something :serpico:

Griffith

slan69 said:
I really like the Kojiro arc he's quite the odd one in the story so far. He starts carrying that huge samurai sword at the age of the 3, jeez he's like super toddler or something :serpico:

That reminds me of another favorite moment.

hey there !

Every night I join my bed, I catch the vagabond volume# that I read.

I'm on #22
I really like how the story is done, many volume telling the Musashi story and after the story of Kojiro Sasaki, first volume I dislike it bu now Kojiro is my favorite character...
I don't know what will happen but Korijo and Musahi in the same city...at the same time...with the snow falling.....I guess they will make a ENORMOUS Fight !

Maybe I'm wrong ...

Griffith

I think I've said it before, but that section, from about volume 21-25, is some of my favorite material in the entire story.

宮本 グリフィス said:
I think I've said it before, but that section, from about volume 21-25, is some of my favorite material in the entire story.

Mine to. I also enjoyed the story with Inshun as well.

Griffith

I need to re-read that section too, I know how great it is, sort of the first long form section that really makes you think, but it's been so long I've almost forgotten the details why. So, it'll be nice to refresh.

宮本 グリフィス said:
I need to re-read that section too, I know how great it is, sort of the first long form section that really makes you think, but it's been so long I've almost forgotten the details why. So, it'll be nice to refresh.

Yeah I should also get back to re-reading Vagabond. I have forgotten some of the story in volumes 1-15.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.

slan69 said:
Yeah I should also get back to re-reading Vagabond. I have forgotten some of the story in volumes 1-15.

You know I re-read both berserk and vagabond to keep looking for designs for keychains. I mostly do it after work at home. I take my time, no need to hurry it up.

Top Bottom