New subcategories in Shootin' the Breeze

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hey all,

We've decided to give this a try to see if it would dynamize the Shootin' the Breeze section. Basically these are specialized child boards that exist within Shootin' the Breeze but are dedicated to one subject. Doing this should allow people to be more at ease when posting specific threads concerning these subjects.

For now there will be 3 of those sub-sections: Video Games, Movies & Books, and Random News.

Threads that fall under these categories should be posted in the according sub-section from now on, and of course all the others can go in the main Shootin' the Breeze section like they did before. On that note, people shouldn't hesitate to post threads in there as long as they deem them worthy of interest, it's encouraged.

It's some kind of an experiment for now, so feedback is welcome.

CnC

Ad Oculos
dunno if traffic to this section was such that it would require further categorization. But whatever, see what happens I guess

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
It keeps things tidy. I like things tidy. Not sure if the Random news part is needed... maybe replace it with a "Anime/Manga" subcategory instead? Still, thanks, Aaz :badbone:

P.S. The NEW post icon alters to this now:
on2.gif
in place of this
on.gif

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
dunno if traffic to this section was such that it would require further categorization. But whatever, see what happens I guess

It's done to enhance traffic by inciting people to post more about specific subjects. People requested it and all, so we're testing it. If some categories or all are deemed inefficient we might always delete them.

Uriel said:
P.S. The NEW post icon alters to this now:
on2.gif
in place of this
on.gif

Well it's fixed. It's because you use the awful Testing Grounds theme, so Walter had to fix it just like everytime anything changes. :void:

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Cheers for being so condescending, mate :puck: It's coding might not have been finished, but it's far from awful. I worked fairly hard with Walter on this.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Uriel said:
Cheers for being so condescending, mate :puck: It's coding might not have been finished, but it's far from awful. I worked fairly hard with Walter on this.

Geez, don't be so touchy, it's Wally's own opinion of it. It's called Testing Grounds for a reason you know, and it's awful to maintain because it has to be tweaked everytime something happens. And it's not even the topic... Anyway it might not live all that long, so enjoy the result of your excruciating work while it lasts. :judo:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, we're making a new theme in order to upgrade the board in the future. Old themes aren't compatible. It won't be very different from the actual classic one, and since Testing Grounds is basically a variation of the default SMF theme made to resemble the classic SK.net theme, it won't be all that different from it either.

However that's really not the subject of this thread guys, we'll talk about that further when we'll be ready for the change.

It's an interesting Idea, but I have to admit I liked the previous setup much more. It's a tad messy, but I like the idea of it all other non Berserk miscellaneous threads completely centralised into one. It's always worked fine before.

Will people change their thread ideas if there are three specific categories? I don't think I would.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
chaoscontrol said:
I hate the subforum thingies, they make the forum less overlookable (if thats even English :p).
Well, I wish it were a word because right now I have absolutely no idea what your complaint is. I didn't like the subcategories at first, but after months of use they've really grown on me. Once they filled themselves out, I started to see theuse for them.

They're not going anywhere :puck: But thanks for the input :serpico:

Heh, it's your forum so do whatever you like, it's just that I think it's a bit...I just don't see them that fast, so I overlook 'em quite fast, thats what I meant with "Less overlookable" sorry :p (Not native English)

But on this forum there are only 3 sub-forums which is ok I guess..

It's just that some forums have sub-forums everywhere which makes the forum lame..
Just keep it at these :p

Just my 2 cents.

I actually think that Shootin' the Breeze should have more subforums. Like Music.. And.. Err.. Something else someone will surely figure out :troll:

Top Bottom