New Theme: Testing Grounds

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Uriel designed this and I coded it. We both spent quite a bit of time on it. Enjoy:

http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?theme=8

Preview: (doesn't really do it justice)

To make it your theme, go to Profile in the menu, then "Look and Layout Preferences", then change 'Current theme'.

For those users who don't like seeing all that info at the top on every page (user info, newsbox) just click this button:
upshrink.gif
and it will hide. Then click the button again to show. Very sleek feature.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
TheSkyTraveller said:
Looks good; I like the new banner.

PS:Whatever happened with the encyclopedia banners? :judo:
Nothing really felt right, even my own stuff. I'll wait till something hits me like true love.

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Words cannot even express how cool this is.
  :serpico: :guts: :void: :griff: :miura: :judo: :zodd: :puck: :beast: :carcus: :SK: :casca: :schierke: :isidro: :badbone: :???: :troll:
I also found out, if you highlight them, they change, like this one :SK:

Walter said:
Uriel designed this and I coded it. We both spent quite a bit of time on it. Enjoy:

http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?theme=8
You made the "user info" box to big, so if you scroll right, theres just a big gray space.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Yukimura said:
You made the "user info" box to big, so if you scroll right, theres just a big gray space.
We're still working on that problem. I don't think its the userinfo box, but that COULD be it. I think it's the way width is calculated on some threads with images. But thanks for the possible cure.

EDIT: I messed with the userinfo width, and it's not that. But I did I remember why I have the userinfo box so huge. Users with very wide avatars need the extra space, so it doesnt push the other content right (or off the screen). Still trying to isolate the problem...

Walter said:
We're still working on that problem. I don't think its the userinfo box, but that COULD be it.  I think it's the way width is calculated on some threads with images.  But thanks for the possible cure.

EDIT: I messed with the userinfo width, and it's not that.  But I did I remember why I have the userinfo box so huge. Users with very wide avatars need the extra space, so it doesnt push the other content right (or off the screen).    Still trying to isolate the problem...
I think its the news box. If you look at SMF Default Theme , theres no news box at the top-right. I would say the userinfo box is only an inch away from the board index.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I fixed that stretch problem. It was this image in the news that threw everything off.

NOCOMPROMISE.jpg

I'd suspected it... but now I know for sure. So, we'll have to find a less blatant way to spread the word about Chapter / Episode

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
It was this image in the news that threw everything off. I'd suspected it... but now I know for sure.

I thought so too, didn't say it for obvious reasons of being partial to the image. One thing is sure, that theme sucks.

CnC

Ad Oculos
apparently sarcasm is not picked up without emoticons.

sooo. :troll: there... sarcasm pictured the best that I could...

CnC

Ad Oculos
hey.... hey now. Theres no need to get all upset like that. If we can just sit down and discuss this rationally like civilized
gentle*SWIFT KICK TO THE GROIN* HA!

*runs*

Take THAT you TARD!

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
CnC said:
hey.... hey now. Theres no need to get all upset like that. If we can just sit down and discuss this rationally like civilized
gentle*SWIFT KICK TO THE GROIN* HA!

*runs*

Take THAT you TARD!

OH SNAP! I'm an army of one bitch! *cunning strike to your temples*

CnC

Ad Oculos
Ok ok... that was fun. But we really need to get back on topic. No need to hijack this thre*MEETS ARMY OF ONE WITH MY ARMY OF FIVE! MASTERFULLY FOLLOWED BY ITS ALTERNATE FIVE-MAN REINFORCEMENTS*

~CnC of the steel temple clan

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
CnC said:
Ok ok... that was fun. But we really need to get back on topic. No need to hijack this thre*MEETS ARMY OF ONE WITH MY ARMY OF FIVE! MASTERFULLY FOLLOWED BY ITS ALTERNATE FIVE-MAN REINFORCEMENTS*

~CnC of the steel temple clan

HU HA! I finally confront the mighty steel temple clan! I shall show you my kung fu grip! *flies into the air, while performing a grapling technique on CNC sending his advisary screaming towards the earth*

CnC

Ad Oculos
I really do like the new theme... great job Walter and Uriel

SCREAMING!? More like CHANNELING! The fall to the ground had NO effect!!!! Now REALIZE the TRUE power of my clan!
*FEARSOME CRANIAL PUMMELING ENSUES! Bob is bruised, bloody, battered and broken...*

I'm sorry bob... I didn't mean for it to go that far...
...poor bastard...

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Uriel I didn't know you had....

*I struggle to stand back up due to sever injuries. I gaze over to my side and see the old friend, my yorky, "Puppy" sitting there in his loyal dog fashion. His brave soul that pushed through terrible times, defying death him self sends energy through my shattered body*

"I see now", As I make a fighting stance.

*As CNC turns to gaze upon my ruined body I shock and awe him with a fierce ballade of fighting maneuvers he has not seen since fought Walter Bennet many moons ago. After many decisive strikes to the jugular, CnC fails to speak and struggles to talk.*

"On Guard, gentlemen. On Guard." *I takes less then the moment Olivier used to vanquish the wicked Paradise Lost sending them both into an eternal quagmire of death and doom, because I know my foe is strong and will come back for more blood letting. *

CnC

Ad Oculos
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Uriel I didn't know you had....

Yea, first post.

*fixed to retaliate when he noticed that the gods that be punished bob with -1000 posts.*
Rather than cross them myself I bow to my worthy opponent and depart.

My enemy's body is battered and broken, and I'll have a sore throat for a while. Seems like a good place to end...
until next time

Top Bottom