Nintendo Revolution = Wii

SMZKAH

I shall find the crystal of peace
Well, I picked up my wii at midnight, and just spent about an hour and a half playing Zelda. I've only just begun to crack the storyline and master the gameplay, but thus far it's incredibly enjoyable. And the wii is tiny...everything about it is tiny. It's lots of fun so far though...

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
SMZKAH said:
And the wii is tiny...everything about it is tiny.

:chomp:
:chomp: SONY: INCLUDING THE PENISES OF THOSE WHO BUY IT!! HAHAHAHA!!! GRRRAWR! PS3!!! HORSEDICK CONSOLE!! HUT! HUT! HUT! :chomp: :chomp: :chomp:

Anyway, this was in my email today:

Sender: Subject:
eBay Free shipping on PlayStation 3, iPods, flat-panel TVs, and more!

OMG THANKS EBAY! :isidro:

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Well, Handsome finally had a stroke of luck. My Best Buy had 89 consoles and I happened to get there to be 89th in line. (I don't like mornings) I haven't played it yet but I tried out Red Steel on my buds system last night. Maybe the sensor was placed wrong or I was playing it incorrectly but my early impression is that it is stinky. I grabbed Trauma Center and Zelda so hopefully I'll get to try them out but I'm stuck at work for another 8 hours so everyone else have fun!

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity
I've played 5 hours of Zelda so far, and about an hour of Red Steel, which is probably getting returned tomorrow. Zelda is good but compared to wind waker it doesnt feel very fresh. Even Majoras mask was more innovative. I'm going to beat Zelda and try out another game. Then I'll decide whether to return it and buy a 360 or not.

I was going to pick up a Wii sat at midnight or sun morning. Unfortunately it was camped everywhere. I mainly want Zelda, so I can wait. For anyone trying to decide on Gears of War.....by far my favorite shooter type game on a console ever. I have probably put over a hundered hours into it. Its one of the few games I have beat the single player and turned around and started it again on a higher difficulty the same day, but this time CO-OP :guts:

CnC

Ad Oculos
handsome rakshas said:
I grabbed Trauma Center and Zelda so hopefully I'll get to try them out but I'm stuck at work for another 8 hours so everyone else have fun!

Those are probably the best games on the system now so you made good choices. I hear Super Monkeyball is good, too.

grendelrt said:
For anyone trying to decide on Gears of War.....by far my favorite shooter type game on a console ever. I have probably put over a hundered hours into it. Its one of the few games I have beat the single player and turned around and started it again on a higher difficulty the same day, but this time CO-OP :guts:

:D I just beat Hardcore mode and have started Insane (just beat act 1). Its friggin tough. Damn its a good game tho.

CnC said:
:D  I just beat Hardcore mode and have started Insane (just beat act 1).  Its friggin tough.  Damn its a good game tho.

When I beat hardcore, I going to play insane with a friend, so I get all my Dom acheivements at the same time. Dom Curious :carcus:

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Well, I hate to admit it but I've been playing Wii Sports most of all today since its the only multiplayer game I have and I'm by my buds place right now. I played Trauma Center a little and its pretty cool. I got yelled at for playing Zelda because its "boring to watch" so I look forward to trying it when I have more "Mii" time. :schierke:

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
handsome rakshas said:
Well, I hate to admit it but I've been playing Wii Sports most of all today since its the only multiplayer game I have and I'm by my buds place right now. I played Trauma Center a little and its pretty cool. I got yelled at for playing Zelda because its "boring to watch" so I look forward to trying it when I have more "Mii" time. :schierke:
I see what you did there.... also have you tried "our" little arrangement? :carcus:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/fun.games/11/20/console.controller.ap/index.html

A CNN feature on the Wii remote vs the PS3's new controller. Pretty neat stuff, including the history of the technology. Nothing MIND BLOWING, just a fun read.

Got a Wii on Sunday. This sucker is great. Wii Sports is highly addictive. My wife kicks my ass in bowling, first system she has been interested in since the DS. Been playing Zelda, extremely good game so far, I am about 6 hours into it. Only thing I dont like is the fact I cant get my hands on component cables, composite cables are friggin terrible. I want Zelda in 480P damnit!

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
grendelrt said:
Got a Wii on Sunday. This sucker is great. Wii Sports is highly addictive. My wife kicks my ass in bowling, first system she has been interested in since the DS. Been playing Zelda, extremely good game so far, I am about 6 hours into it. Only thing I dont like is the fact I cant get my hands on component cables, composite cables are friggin terrible. I want Zelda in 480P damnit!

That's it! I'm playing Zelda tonight! Right after I watch Clerks 2. :guts:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
A video of Wario Ware: Smooth Moves showing some of the gameplay. Looks fun, and it's nice to see they crammed that many references in there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE1Uk__eyss&eurl=
Game's looking awesome. It's biggest flaw however is no multiplayer. Who thought THAT was a good idea? Why hold back on what could potentially be the best party game the Wii has to offer?

Anyway, I know most of us have seen a good majority of the E3 footage of Mario Galaxy already, but recently I've been seeing some really great stuff. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f8C2SHJIPs

This, to me, looks like the real must-have title for the Wii, the way it utilizes the technology and being awesome to play (at least, its awesome to watch). One look at Mario flying through space already sold me on this game. Can't wait for it.

Anyway, I know most of us have seen a good majority of the E3 footage of Mario Galaxy already, but recently I've been seeing some really great stuff. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f8C2SHJIPs
Yet, you said that the Flight simm made you feel nauseous :chomp: Don't get me wrong it looks awesome just that I probably should not eat for a while.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Game's looking awesome. It's biggest flaw however is no multiplayer. Who thought THAT was a good idea? Why hold back on what could potentially be the best party game the Wii has to offer?

What? The game's specs indicate that the number of players can be from 1 to 12.

Walter said:
This, to me, looks like the real must-have title for the Wii, the way it utilizes the technology and being awesome to play (at least, its awesome to watch). One look at Mario flying through space already sold me on this game. Can't wait for it.

Yeah, it's very promising in every way I can think of, even graphically. It's probably the first game that'll show what the system is really capable of.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
What? The game's specs indicate that the number of players can be from 1 to 12.
That's not what I'd read initially on the game. I remember it being one of the big letdowns when I heard about the game. Well, anyway glad to hear it IS multiplayer. Whew!

All I love playing tennis. Baseball frustrates me, but then I was never great with the sport to begin with. Still trying to defeat my sister's pin record for bowling.

I want to play Rayman Raving Rabbids. Those commericials for it got me interested. :)

CnC

Ad Oculos
chaoscontrol said:
I'm glad my Wii-mote isn't as heavy as the Dragon Slayer, besides that, I'm just as good in swordfighting as Guts. XD

...huh?
...nevermind
---------

A little easteregg popped up with the release of the weather "channel" on the Wii. Apparently if you're playing a game like Madden Football the weather will be akin to whatever it is in that region currently in real life.

Interesting little feature, huh?

Top Bottom