Official Sk.net Goal Thread!

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Hello Everyone!

Bub here, reporting in to you another exciting thread! While surfing through Something Awful’s E/N forum I came across a guy that was bitching about everything under the sun including his tiny debt of $1,000. I know for him this might be a lot, but it is not. While this might be nothing to most people even myself, I myself am in the same predicament. That I cry and bitch about my debts [around 10k, but still that’s mostly car payments]. So what I am going to do is work my ass off and finish dis shit. Now here is my list of goals for my summer [later the fall addition will follow].
Here is my list!

• Secure a summer job.
  • Pay off at least 1 debt if not 2.
  • Lose an additional 20 pounds. [There is another thread about that, but when I reach it I'm going to mention it here also]
  • Work on relationship with friends.
  • Pay off large portion of car debt.
  • Set $400 aside for tires anything exciding $400, will go into car repair fund. Car repair fund will not exceed $1,500.
  • Add more money to 401k, if at all possible an additional $1,000.
  • Get a place of my own.

Now everyone lets see what YOU the reader would like to do this summer!

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Alright here's my list

• Re-paint car, it needs a new finish
  • Have more time for Tae Kwando classes
  • Install new tile floor in living room
  • Repaint my bedroom and fix the roof
  • Buy a guitar and start to learn how to play it
  • Get more tools and materials for my various wood projects

X

Xem

We had to do one of these in my Psychology class a little over a year ago. At first I thought it was silly, but it turned out quite interesting the more we went into it.

• Summer job, a given for any college student.
  • Lose weight and tone.
  • Help my girlfriend finally get a license, as scary as that is to think about.
  • Re-read Berserk again!
  • Continue working off my debt, which is ironically around $1k.
  • Figure out how my relatively new turntable player works. So much good music going to waste at the moment.
  • Pick up a hobby that has to do with the outdoors and not a computer... camping maybe.
  • Decide on a major. I'm 25 and it's shit or get off the pot time.

There's some other junk but it's either personal or not relevant enough.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Sorry I didn't mean to make 1k sound like a piss in the bucket, but it's more of how I viewed my own debt. The guy in question was saying how he would take the chance of killing him self in russian roulette in order to make 25k. While that's silly the point is I'm not doing much of anything to pay off my own debt.

Also please let me know when you will start taking your girlfriend driving. I'll start the official Sk.net prayer thread.

Edit: I would also like to point out paying off 1k is a lot better then being the guy that has to pay of 10k or more, it all sucks, but knowing the people on this board I'm more then positive we can all accomplish our goals and live much happier lives knowing we did so.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Alright, two of the goals has been accomplished. The guitar part only half way, since now I need to start practicing it.

• Repaint car, it needs a new finish

How are you guys doing with your goals. Keep it up :SK:

-Secure a summer job, preferably NOT in fast food (I'm about to fill out the electronic application in an hour)

-Upon securing said job, purchase my Garmin GPS of choice (the one with lane assist :beast:) once I earn the funds

-Finally decide whether or not to drop Aikido and martial arts altogether (not a lot of options for MA schools where I live), stay with it, or drop Aikido and find a place that teaches Krav Maga...for a reasonable price.

-Get a consult to physical therapy--AGAIN. (ladies and gents, try not to be a bad ass 24/7..it'll catch up with you)

-Wash and wax my car...I haven't done this in almost a year

-Start practicing my electric guitar again

-Study realism and figure drawing more in depth

Deci said:
  • Help my girlfriend finally get a license, as scary as that is to think about.

Deci, what's wrong with your girlfriend? Too much anxiety? I don't know how the boneheads at your DMV run the place, but the idiots over where I received mine only "test" your driving ability and knowledge by showing them you can park and drive around a damn parking lot.

X

Xem

Madam President said:
Deci, what's wrong with your girlfriend? Too much anxiety?

Yep, pretty much, though at this point I think it might be a serious phobia. Good luck with the job hunt! =)

1.) Keep my job through the summer, preferably for a very very long time (I may not like it much, but it's good money in a poor economy).

2.) Pass my black belt test (for first degree).

3.) Get a new car

4.) Finally clean my mess of an apartment

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
My goal for the next week is maintain my 3.76 GPA. After that, well, we'll see =)

I am getting married in August, and by then will have a house in my name with a new house loan and an $8,000 tax write-off. :daiba:

Moving right along. :guts:

Other than that, goals to be happy.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
C said:
I am getting married in August, and by then will have a house in my name with a new house loan and an $8,000 tax write-off. :daiba:

Congratulations dude. Glad to know everything's working out fine for you!

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
C said:

Moving right along. :guts:

Other than that, goals to be happy.

Congratulations man. Where are you moving to?

Aazealh said:
Congratulations dude. Glad to know everything's working out fine for you!

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Congratulations man. Where are you moving to?

Thanks. :serpico:

Probably Fairview, TN. It's not too far away from my job, and it's out of Davidson county. Davidson is the central county, Metro, and it costs a lot more, taxes and fees, to live there. :mozgus:

Gonna try to save some money, one day. :carcus:

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
One more on the list has been accomplished. Anything from you guys?

• Repaint car, it needs a new finish

Grail

Feel the funk blast
So... a month left of summer for me. :sad: I haven't gotten a lot done, sad to say. Here's what I have so far:

1. Get my driver's license
2. Get an art internship (never worked out)
3. Create more art for my portfolio (I have made more, but I'm still not entirely pleased with it. Maybe this is a good thing? :???:)
4. Finish that Skully n' Waffles comic

And Deci, I can sympathize with your girlfriend; it took me a few years to actually get around to learning how to drive and eventually passing the behind-the-wheel test, which I had failed the first time around. The anxiety associated with driving had me putting it off for a LONG while, but if I could do it, so can she! :serpico:

1.) Keep my job through the summer, preferably for a very very long time (I may not like it much, but it's good money in a poor economy). I still have a job, so I guess that's a good thing...

2.) Pass my black belt test (for first degree). Passed my pre-test, will be doing the full test in October.

3.) Get a new car. Currently unsure as to what car I should get...

4.) Finally clean my mess of an apartment. I have a roommate moving in, so maybe he can clean up the mess. :troll:

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Too bad for your list is in a pause Bob. Congratulations on getting your license, time to hit the road. Yota good to know you have managed to keep your job for the summer. Keep it up guys. :SK:

Top Bottom