Official Sk.net Weightloss/gain Thread!

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Good job Rhombaad!

I lost 40 lbs recently. Went from 230ish to 190ish. Lot of running and pushups and crunches and crap. Plus eating slightly better. The 2nd part's the hardest. I fucking love bad food.

Gobolatula said:
I lost 40 lbs recently. Went from 230ish to 190ish.
That's around 18 kilos, great job ! Great Job to you too Rhombaad.
Gobolatula said:
The 2nd part's the hardest. I fucking love bad food.
I love bad food too, one thing that helped me is having to look forward to it. I always have a day where i eat a meal out (usually sunday). So i spend the whole week eating healthy and Sundays is my junk food day.
Another thing that really helped is cooking, find stuff that you really like and cook them yourself. It's better when you know what ingredients you used for your meal !

I recently lost 30lbs lost muscle and fat,went from 195 to 165, but I didn't do anything special just that I'm going through depression and had a lost of appetite. BUT I just signed up to a gym so I'm gonna start to work out at least 3 times a week with some coworkers and also started to run first thing in the morning. But I might skip running and just ride my bike in the morning, cuz I think i pulled something and having a hard time walking now.......

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
I hope you get better Diaz. Starting monday I will be start using the bus to get to work, and from work ride my bike back home. Trying to get into better shape for a yearly Marathon here in Phoenix. It'll be around 1am when I do this and so I expect no traffic delays, expect stop lights. Took some pics of the bike and the route of my ride.

photosjr.jpg

bikewf.jpg

photojm.png

Cool bike Branded! Whatcha drinking in that bottle on the ledge? That route looks long o_0 ... and you MAY get some traffic from cars headed in/ out of the airport, though there may not be flights arriving/ departing around 1 AM. Be safe man! Is that 7 gears?

Diaz said:
I recently lost 30lbs lost muscle and fat,went from 195 to 165, but I didn't do anything special just that I'm going through depression and had a lost of appetite. BUT I just signed up to a gym so I'm gonna start to work out at least 3 times a week with some coworkers and also started to run first thing in the morning. But I might skip running and just ride my bike in the morning, cuz I think i pulled something and having a hard time walking now.......

I hope you get to feeling better, Diaz.

And that's a cool bike, Branded. Good luck, bro!

This is my first time posting in this topic. I thought I'd share what I've done between January and May.

I lost 3 stone in fat and I've put a fair chunk back on in muscle, with an increase of 1lb-2lb per week.

This is me back in January

January.jpg

and then in May

May.jpg

this comes from a drastic change in diet, a shed load of running, weights at least 3 times a week and an additional fitness class that is closely related to the insanity workout.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
JezzaX said:
This is my first time posting in this topic. I thought I'd share what I've done between January and May.

I lost 3 stone in fat and I've put a fair chunk back on in muscle, with an increase of 1lb-2lb per week.

January.jpg

and then in May

May.jpg

this comes from a drastic change in diet, a shed load of running, weights at least 3 times a week and an additional fitness class that is closely related to the insanity workout.
Good for you! Congratulations on the change? Do you feel different now that you have seen changs in your muscle mass and fitness?

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
JezzaX said:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v350/Jezza_HR/January.jpg

and then in May

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v350/Jezza_HR/May.jpg

Way to go, JezzaX!

Th3Branded0ne said:
Good for you! Congratulations on the change? Do you feel different now that you have seen changs in your muscle mass and fitness?

In my fitness levels? Most definitely so! I ache a lot less, I feel happier, more confident and my struggle to run a mile and a half has stretched to being able to run 6-10 miles. Thanks for the support guys :serpico:

IncantatioN said:
That's incredible! Congrats man! Tell us more about your changed diet, if you don't mind.

Yeah, sure.

Before I started this exercising regime, I would eat whatever I liked, whole domino pizzas, burger king burgers, KFC. I was also consuming lots of sugary soft drinks like coke etc.

When I started out, I was consuming about 1500 calories a day just to shed the fat (Losing 2lb a week) and tried to even this out across the entire day with porridge for breakfast, a sandwich for lunch, two bits of fruit as a snack and a small dinner of maybe a chicken breast with a few greens. I would drink only water and green tea. I would also have two diet protein shakes a day, made up of about 80% protein 20% carbs

As I started to look to pile on a bit more muscle while I was still cutting I changed my diet to something very specific in the region of about 2000-2500 odd calories. This is the break down:

07.00 – 4 egg whites & 2 egg yolks, 2 slices of Seeded batch bread, cottage cheese 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 evening primrose tablet

10.00 – Breakfast; 50g Porridge oats and 90% Protein Shake 1 Multi vitamin tablet, 1 fish oil tablet (omega 3,6,9), 1 Vitamin C tablet.

13.00 – Lunch; 2 salmon or mackerel fillets, salad, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 fish oil tablet (omega 3,6,9).

16.00 – 2 pieces of fruit and a low fat yoghurt

18.00-19.00 – Post workout shake 90% protein

20.00 – 21.00 – Dinner:

Option 1 – Sweet potato mash, 1 Steak fillet, handful of asparagus and spinach leaves, 1 evening primrose tablet, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 multi vitamin tablet.

Option 2 – Chicken Breast, half a mug of basmati rice, red and green peppers, broccoli, 1 evening primrose tablet, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 multi vitamin tablet.

Option 3 – Lean beef mince, wheat free pasta, tomato sauce (spaghetti style), 1 evening primrose tablet, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 multi vitamin tablet.

Whichever meal option chosen for dinner, afterwards I would have two cubes of 70% + dark chocolate.

11.00 – 00.00 90% Protein Shake.

I've made sure not to consume any sugar (unless it's post workout), any saturated fats and kept caffeine drinks to a maximum of two per day. I will drink between 3-4 litres of water a day.

It's also changed again since then, as my primary focus is to pile on more muscle, so I've modified for an approximate 4000 calorie intake using weight gain shakes from USN, and in some cases doubling my portions.

My primary goal is to gain an extra 6-10lb of muscle and then cut more of the fat again and switch to a maintaining diet that will make me appear more lean but with a good amount of mass. I'm currently gaining a slow and steady 0.5-1.0lb per week, but I'm doing my best to focus that as muscle weight and not fat, so I'm being particular about getting at LEAST 200 grams of protein per day, but I'm mostly getting 300-400 grams.

I'll post my progress again in a few months to show you how things work out.

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
Just discovered this thread last night. I'm gonna make a bit of an introductory post. Maybe others will be inspired to loose/gain weight again--or post about it. About a week ago I decided I was getting way too fat. Gained 10 pounds over the last year from eating at work (I'm a band director...school food here is garbage). And the previous year I gained 10 pounds after finding the person I'm going to spend the rest of my life with (apparently you gain weight when you get into a relationship? I believe it). And I won't even get into what college did to me only a few years prior to all of this...I now hover around 165-168lb. I'm only 5'6" so that's not a great weight. At least not in my opinion.

So with our big lake trip looming a month away, I figured I'd do what I can get back in shape. Earlier this year I tried riding my bike a long distance like I used to. Needless to say, going cold turkey was suicidal and I felt like I was about to go into cardiac arrest. So, over the last 2 weeks I've been run/walking nearly three miles off and on to get a good foundation. It's been pretty successful.

Well today I just had the energy to try the longest distant ride of my life. I got on Google Maps and plotted a course which looks like this:

LongestBikeRideEver.jpg

That's about 38 miles all said and done. I burned approximately 1404 calories over 3 hours and 15 min. It's not the fastest I've done. There for awhile I was doing about 30 miles every day at about an hour and 10 min, but the track I was riding was a lot more flat. Now that I've moved I've had to create something new and this one was full of hills and shitty roads (spider web cracked. Several times I though my hand were going to vibrate off the handlebars) and idiot drivers who think its appropriate to honk their horns or yell at cyclists--that's Tennessee for you.

So I'll have to recover from today. Get bigger water bottles (I ran out at mile 18. Lips were gummy and I stopped sweating at about miles 20. Scary shit). And toughen up for another go. I might be able to get back down to 140.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
That sounds like a pretty intense bike ride, Delta! I have a hard time even imagining how tired you must've been afterward, but good for you for putting in the effort. If you're burning half that many calories every time you go biking, I bet you'll be down to your goal weight in no time! :guts:

As for me... well, I guess I'm in a similar spot. I've had a fast metabolism my entire life until recently, so I'm adjusting to the fact that I can't always eat whatever I want as a result of gaining about 20 lbs worth of "happy relationship weight." :ganishka: I'm trying to exercise more, but that's a little tougher to get into than I thought. I've found that I always need someone to exercise with, or I just get sweaty and lonely. :judo:

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Tha'ts great Delta, keep at it. You should have just started gradually and not go cold turkey like that, you could have injured yourself. You can do it Grail, just get Gob into it. Ok, so starting in August I will start my Marathon training for January 2013. It's a 4 month training period. My first Marathon, but I"m not unfamiliar to running, oh so much running I did during soccer in highschool and college.

marathona.jpg

Grail said:
That sounds like a pretty intense bike ride, Delta! I have a hard time even imagining how tired you must've been afterward, but good for you for putting in the effort. If you're burning half that many calories every time you go biking, I bet you'll be down to your goal weight in no time! :guts:

As for me... well, I guess I'm in a similar spot. I've had a fast metabolism my entire life until recently, so I'm adjusting to the fact that I can't always eat whatever I want as a result of gaining about 20 lbs worth of "happy relationship weight." :ganishka: I'm trying to exercise more, but that's a little tougher to get into than I thought. I've found that I always need someone to exercise with, or I just get sweaty and lonely. :judo:

"Sweaty and Lonely." That would be a good name for an autobiography.* :ganishka:

Keep up the great work, Delta!

And that schedule tires me out just reading it, Branded. :ganishka:

*I don't mean your autobiography, Grail... Just an autobiography in general. I just wanted to clarify that in case it sounded like I was trying to insult you. :serpico:

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
Th3Branded0ne said:
How much are you planning on losing?

It's more of a get in shape thing. I've done the workout before and got pretty toned and lost a lot of weight, but that was pretty much all cardio and yoga. Right now I think I'm shooting for a little of everything.

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
Did another 29.5 miles today on the bike. Bigger water bottles and I even was able to refill about halfway through since I did a shortened version of the track I posted before as well as backwards so I came into town after traveling through miles of desolate corn and cow fields. Things were a lot easier on me. At least I wasn't dehydrated. The wind picked up in the later half and my speed plummeted.

With that said, I weight basically the same as I did last week, but I blame this weekend since I had company come in and we went out to eat a lot.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Delta Phi Zeta said:
With that said, I weight basically the same as I did last week, but I blame this weekend since I had company come in and we went out to eat a lot.

I don't think you should focus too much on the week by week weight, anyway. Eat better (and less), work out often, and the results will be visible soon enough. Specifically when it comes to exercise, you don't necessary lose weight so much as it changes from flab to muscle (well, depending on how overweight one is, obviously).

Top Bottom