Official SKnet Wii thread

Yea I got a Wii when it came out and can share my number if it's wanted, or if people want to share Miis and stuff, but I was just curious if anyone else has one or wants to get one. I'm a big Zelda fan so I had to get it with TP but are there any other games people are looking forward to? What do you think about the retro game downloads? Do you expect more out of the Wii? Any other thoughts?

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity
I got mine with TP when it came out too. I haven't really done much else with it since I beat that though. I didn't set up the online stuff yet. That medical game is supposed to be fun. Right now I am just kinda waiting for more games to see whats good though.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I've already got Zelda TP, but since the Wii's out of stock on a national level here I haven't played it yet. The next games I'll get for it are probably Metroid Prime 3, Super Paper Mario and Super Mario Galaxy. I guess the new Fire Emblem too, and maybe the Sonic game, if by some miracle it isn't horribly bad. That, plus some GC games.

I have a Wii as well. TP was also my first buy in games. I haven't done anything else since beating TP though as cash has become a bit more scarce.

rorik

There is never enough time to do nothing.
I have one, and I also have Trauma Center, and it is fun!

The Metal Slug Anthology, my friend. Go get it!

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
I had a Wii, got one on launch day. I had to sell it to pay for school this semester. It was pretty fun, mostly played Wii bowling and didn't have the nerve to play through Twilight Princess before I sold it. I also had Trauma Center and it was a very good game. I have also played Rayman and must say it is really good, one of my Wii recommendations. Metal Slug anthology was fun, but playing it with the remote pissed me off. Could you use the classic controller with it?

rorik

There is never enough time to do nothing.
You can calibrate the remote to be held horizontally with both hands, sort of feels like an nes controller. It isn't perfect, but you get used to it.

When you say classic controller, do you mean the shell controller that they came out with? Because I don't have one, so I'm not sure if you can use it for Metal Slug.

Serpico said:
That medical game is supposed to be fun. Right now I am just kinda waiting for more games to see whats good though.

Yea I got Trama Center too and I beat that -It's really fun; I recomend that 100% I've also got to try Money Ball and Red Stell but those aren't purchase games to me. I guess I'm waiting for Brawl and maybe Mario Party or somthing better.

Femto the Raven

The location of agony? The human soul.
Ever since the PS2 launch disaster, I've sworn off early adopting, maybe next year.

It needs some good titles on it first. Zelda: Twilight princess is the only title on it I want, and I'm playing the hell out of that on my good old Gamecube.

TriFrog said:
Yea I got Trama Center too and I beat that -It's really fun; I recomend that 100% I've also got to try Money Ball and Red Stell but those aren't purchase games to me. I guess I'm waiting for Brawl and maybe Mario Party or somthing better.
Hahahahaha, I found you!

As for the topic, eh...not ready to cash out on a Wii yet, or any next (now current?) gen console as I'm poor and lacking funds to buy $200-$600 items till at least winter (Have college, iaido and a car to pay for...) so yes, I'll see what I can do assuming the Wii gets some titles that catch my eye, same deal with the other two consoles.

i was lucky enough to find one 8 miles away from home... i called loads of places for two weeks trying to get one and finally was told that toys r us would have some coming in on a sunday... first come first serve... i got there nice and early (2hrs was a bit extreme i guess) and got one for myself and my buddy got one... the only top rated game right now is warioware (9.1 on gamespot), so i thought i would give it a shot... loads of fun... i havent got to the point of the novelty fading away but i feel it may be fast approaching... a game like that, of course, is meant to be played with others and i have not yet played alone... dont think it would be nearly as good... anyway, toys r us is your best bet besides paying an arm and a leg on ebay... the store i got mine at got a shippment of 21 as opposed to places like gamestop who only get 3 or 4 and have no idea when they are coming in...

I was lucky enough to get my Wii back in early Dec. Had to get in line at 3 in the morn, but it was more than worth it.

Also, in case anyone is wondering, probably not but hey, the updated Wii Internet Channel works great. In fact, I,m using it right now to post.

Ahhhh, geekiness abounds. :serpico:

Pesmerga

This is going to be one hell of a party
I bought a Wii but i have already sold it, playing Zelda was a good experience but the next games doesn't interest me. :miura: i prefer the future PS3 games.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Pesmerga said:
I bought a Wii but i have already sold it, playing Zelda was a good experience but the next games doesn't interest me. :miura: i prefer the future PS3 games.
Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 don't interest you? :griff:

They interest ME greatly. I've bought a Wii and a PS3, and my PS3 is just collecting dust at the moment. With four controllers, this thing has made my room the most popular in my dorm. Not only that, Smash Bros. Brawl is coming out later this year, which may well be the best thing since Jesus The Beatles.

Oh yeah, a friend of mine who is a computer science major rigged up an import Sega Saturn controller to run on my Wii, so I'm now enjoying those Virtual Console games as they were meant to be played. Anyway, this has to be my favorite console since the 16 bit days, and I'm a former Sega fanboy (so that's saying something).

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
So yea.... The wife wants a Wii or a Nintendo DS but we cant make up our mind. I want the Wii for Dragon Ball Z Neo Sparkling Turbo Extreme non stop mega mix edition and she wants it for Zelda and the Mario games!

She wants the DS for the Mario games along with some other stuff... we cant make up our minds! ><

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
If I ever give someone advice on how to please their wife this would be it, buy her a DS! Saiya I'm serious, it's the best system of all time. She would love you forever and be eternally grateful. Remember your wife consented night in Fukuoka? She would let you have those all the time! They sell them in pink and you could put little Hello Kitty stickers on it or whatever she likes! The Wii is fun and all, but you could enjoy a DS anyplace at anytime. if you take any advice from your ol' pal Handsome, this would be it!

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
handsome rakshas said:
If I ever give someone advice on how to please their wife this would be it, buy her a DS! Saiya I'm serious, it's the best system of all time. She would love you forever and be eternally grateful. Remember your wife consented night in Fukuoka? She would let you have those all the time! They sell them in pink and you could put little Hello Kitty stickers on it or whatever she likes! The Wii is fun and all, but you could enjoy a DS anyplace at anytime. if you take any advice from your ol' pal Handsome, this would be it!
Thanks for the heads up yo! I will consider this! =O

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji-Trading Cards said:
So yea.... The wife wants a Wii or a Nintendo DS but we cant make up our mind.

Buy the DS first, then the Wii in a few months, when more games are out. :SK:

I do! You know in exception to a few Xbox 260 games I think the Wii is the of choice at the moment.

I looking to get Smash Brothers next...I can't wait for solid snake!

Pesmerga

This is going to be one hell of a party
Walter said:
Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 don't interest you? :griff:

No, I'm really not a fan of this 2. I'm very disappointed by the future Dragon Quest Wii too so...

CnC

Ad Oculos
Death May Die said:
I do! You know in exception to a few Xbox 260 games I think the Wii is the of choice at the moment.

Really? 'cause the Wii's going through port city right now. 3rd party developers aren't really taking the Wii seriously enough right now, I think -as all they're doing is porting PS1/PSP games to it.

Sure 1st party games are likely to kick ass but without the 3rd party it'll be another gamecube.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
Really? 'cause the Wii's going through port city right now. 3rd party developers aren't really taking the Wii seriously enough right now

Well developing games takes time. Right now the games coming out are those that have been planned and in development for quite a while. Since the Wii's currently the best selling system in its category I don't doubt developers will be "taking it seriously" quickly enough.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Aazealh said:
Since the Wii's currently the best selling system in its category I don't doubt developers will be "taking it seriously" quickly enough.

I wouldn't be too quick to put it in a category, because then I think you're comparing it to the 360 and ps3. They don't really play by the same rules. Wii's got great potential when it comes to social gaming, with abundance of mini games and simple controls; but the more traditional games have been gamecube ports thusfar.

Theres no doubt the Wii is doing well (and will likely keep doing well), but it still hasn't really come into it's own. I don't think developers know what to do with it, and are expecting Nintendo to lead the way. Things like graphics and processing power are going to hurt it if it is going to be compared with the 360 and ps3.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
I wouldn't be too quick to put it in a category, because then I think you're comparing it to the 360 and ps3. They don't really play by the same rules.

You plug them on your TV, right? That's the category everybody puts them into, and that's what Death May Die and you were talking about, isn't that right? So yeah, as far as sales go, I was comparing it to the X360 and PS3. Until the consensus on the matter changes I don't see a reason not to do it.

CnC said:
Wii's got great potential when it comes to social gaming, with abundance of mini games and simple controls; but the more traditional games have been gamecube ports thusfar.

Sonic and the Secret Rings is a port? Super Paper Mario? I remember that when it came out, the X360 didn't have much going for itself. It's really not surprising that a console lacks of titles at first. Same goes for the PS3. We'll see in a year. Like I said, developers don't release games in 2 months, it'll take time to see what 3rd parties will really do.

CnC said:
Theres no doubt the Wii is doing well (and will likely keep doing well), but it still hasn't really come into it's own. I don't think developers know what to do with it, and are expecting Nintendo to lead the way.

If by "doing well" you mean "doing better than its competitors" then sure. :void: I disagree though, there seems to be enough projects in the works and a lot of 3rd parties are behind it. I'm not too worried about it.

Top Bottom