Old Young Animal Magazines

I'm curious if anyone knows where to find (or has) older editions of Young Animal Magazine to buy.

Specifically, I'm looking for the July 12th, 1996 edition that includes the missing episode, "God of the Abyss (2)." I'm sure this is a huge ask and one countless others of you are interested in finding, but I figured I'd try my luck! I'd just love to have an official copy of my own.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
As a foreigner, the best way to find old issues of Young Animal is on Japanese websites that sell used goods, such as Yahoo Japan auctions. That means going through a third party since they typically don't sell to foreigners (don't ship outside of Japan, don't accept non-Japanese credit cards). Do note however that old issues have become rarer and rarer over the years and that they can be expensive, especially since there are other people looking for them (including myself). As for the issue containing episode 83, it's the most prized of all. It rarely shows up (less than once a year at this point) and the last time it did (just a month ago) it was sold for 188,000 yen.

Thanks for the info, and clarifying the depressing reality :ganishka:

I assume the site to get digital editions of Young Animal wouldn't archive that far back, would they?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the info, and clarifying the depressing reality :ganishka:

I assume the site to get digital editions of Young Animal wouldn't archive that far back, would they?
No, they only started digital releases around 2014 or so. And there isn't a digital archive.

Top Bottom