One Piece

P

psymont

how bout it? i like it ....

you can find epis 1-81 of over 170 @ www.animesuki.com in the series section

let me know if you guys find something worthwhile too ....

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Or you can download them from emule :-*

I just started watching the series, I like it! ;D Worth while to check it out! Also, if you want some more places to check out to buy anime from... www.discountanimedvd.com or www.animeniacs.com

Series that I recommend...

Grappler Baki - Not the shitty 45 minute movie, but the actual series, good fighting and just non-stop fighting anime.

GTO: Great Teacher Onizuka - Funny as shit and just an overall good series!

Oh yea, and Berserk. ;)

P

PsychoJavexx

I will never again give my money to discountanimedvd.com. I pre-ordered a .hack//SIGN dvd from them one time, and never got it. So I went 2 weeks without an email notice from them or anything, so I cancelled it, and then they said they'd give me my money back. Never got it back. I would go animeniacs.com. I got my Berserk set from them a while back, and a friend of mine gets all his anime from them.

Not sure if you guys know but Funimation is in a bidding war with some other company (ADV,Geneon, 4kids?). So lets say that Funimation wins is this a good thing or a bad thing heck at least it be better than 4kids picking it up. >:(

P

PsychoJavexx

I would say it's a bad thing. I mean, look what they did to Dragonball Z. Shitty music, shitty voice actors (like ALL the anime coming out now), deleted scenes that you can only find in the DVDs, making 2 different version of the same DVD (the last Trunks saga dvd: One has 3 episodes on it, the other one comes with 2 DVDs with the 3 episodes, and then 2 on the other one. I bought the first one without knowing, so that pisses me off). It's Funimation's name all over it, and it's full of fuck-ups, so I'm sure they'd do the same thing with anything else.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I heavly agree. They fucked over GT... cutting the first 15 eps out... WTF!?!??! You may as well not even show the god damn thing. Anyways... I hve never had a problem with Discountanimedvd.com but dah well. ;D

Kakkoii_Guts

海賊王になる男だ
One Piece is one of my favorites of recent years. I have been following the series since it's original manga release oh so long ago.

Personally, I don't want to see any American company bring One Piece over. America would once again prove how impossible it is to dub (well actually all japanese shows, leave em' in japanese for Christ's sake!) Mayumi Tanaka.

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
I heavly agree. They fucked over GT... cutting the first 15 eps out... WTF!?!??! You may as well not even show the god damn thing. Anyways... I hve never had a problem with Discountanimedvd.com but dah well. ;D

Yeah I've been buying anime and manga from that place for two years now and havent had any problems with them. Recently I bought newtype magazine from animenation.com but they mess up my order instead giving me januarys newtype USA they gave me januarys Japan not USA. >:(

I've been thinking about buying Naruto DVD at discountanimedvd.com so hows the subs that the DVD has???

Oh and Funimation has darnish another anime Detective Conan has been changed to "Cased closed" and the characters name will be changed also. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=4616

Chances are if Funimation picks up One Piece this will be done name changes etc to make it more Americanized. In other words fuck Funimation. >:(

TheElderGodCthulu

I'm a llama!
Or you can download them from emule

Or you can buy them legit by importing the raws from Japan, but piracy is so much better than actually giving the creator money isn't it?

So lets say that Funimation wins is this a good thing or a bad thing heck at least it be better than 4kids picking it up.

It's a good thing, but ADV or Pioneer would be better since they're would less chance of a bastardization, but atleast Funi includes subs unlike 4Kids.

I would say it's a bad thing. I mean, look what they did to Dragonball Z. Shitty music, shitty voice actors (like ALL the anime coming out now),

Heres one for you genius, go to audio options, click on "Japanese with English subtitles", and the dub track is magically gone!! In short stop complaining and listen to the sub, no ones forcing you to watch the dub.

deleted scenes that you can only find in the DVDs, making 2 different version of the same DVD

It's called TV standards moron, ever heard of them?

I heavly agree. They fucked over GT... cutting the first 15 eps out... WTF!?!??! You may as well not even show the god damn thing. Anyways... I hve never had a problem with Discountanimedvd.com but dah well.

They didn't cut out the first 15 episodes, for the TV broadcasting they skipped the first 15 episodes, you can still buy the first 15 at your local video shop.

Personally, I don't want to see any American company bring One Piece over.

Why? Then you wouldn't have to steal from the creators by buying bootlegs and downloading shitty fansubs, because your too lazy to import a legit version from Japan, but your a Pirate, logic goes over your head.

America would once again prove how impossible it is to dub (well actually all japanese shows, leave em' in japanese for Christ's sake!)

Ahhh yes, the epitome of a true anime nerd, if they are not Japanese then they can't act, how biased and idiotic, I bet you call yourself an otaku with pride? Guess what? otaku literally means house, and is also used as a slang term for a nerd, so you go on ahead and call yourself a nerd, I really hope you do it infront of a native Japanese person someday, you'll give them a real good laugh, on the acting part, I suggest you play the LOK series, if you can say those Western VA's suck you'll be a ceritified looney instead of an idiot, but then knowing "73l-l 9r347 074l<u" you'd probably say it.

Oh and Funimation has darnish another anime Detective Conan has been changed to "Cased closed" and the characters name will be changed also. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=4616

I know and it's bad.

Chances are if Funimation picks up One Piece this will be done name changes etc to make it

Funi has a good track record when it comes to not changing names, and if you use the "Hercule" bit from DBZ, then watch the uncut version, his real name is used in the uncut version *Mr. Satan*, so in terms one bad fuck-up when it comes to name changes doesn't constitute them being the fuck-up kings, that'd be Dic, with Saban as second place runner up, and 4Kids as third place runner up.

more Americanized

The words westernized dipshit, America isn't the only western country.

you: omg, teh renamed yojimbo, JOE!!!!11 taht iz such a amerikan name!11
Me: Actually Joe/Joseph is a hebrew name.
you: omg, stfu n00b!11 we allz know amerika iz teh only country to teh west of japon!11
Me: Right... actually most of Asia is farther west, and even farther than that is Europe where alot of these so called "Americanized" names come from, hell some of these names are not even European in origin but rather Middle Eastern such as Joseph, which as I said is hebrew.
you: wahtevar!!11 we all know taht tehy world iz only made of amerika and japon!11

SaiyajinNoOuji

TheElderGodCthulu said:
Or you can buy them legit by importing the raws from Japan, but piracy is so much better than actually giving the creator money isn't it?

And I suppose looking at scans is any better? ;) Ho ho ho!

Well well well, a Mr. Smarty pants, wow, you must feel so proud of yourself, make all those little points.. well lets see, where to begin... I am pretty sure you are a troll, so you have been more then likely look at the scans that I have bought with my own money, so more then likely, you are a hypocryte..

2nd, you seem like the type that is, "I KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT JAPAN" type that hang around anime boards, you guys are silly, I have been living in Japan for 4 years, do you see my bragging about it? OMFG LOOK AT ME!?!?1 I am Teh r0x0r!!!!!!111BBQ!

Then again you could be living in Japan as well, but with this being your first post, why try to start fights with people with your attitude?

And nerds huh? Nice choice of a nick name, Cthulu huh? Are you some RPG playing nerd?? How funny, a nerd making fun of other nerds (I am to but I don't care).

Also about the whole Otaku thing, so what, I tell my friends and my girlfriend and that, they dont care, anyways, I am hungry, bye for now! :-*

TheElderGodCthulu said:

If someone is not interested to give bucks for a product, normally he won't buy it even in the case he won't get to see the pirate version of it.
On the other hand if someone would give bucks for a product first place and that product appeals to him, he will try to pay for it even if he has available some free form of that product.
See what happens in this forum. Even if some scans are available everybody buyies the BERSERK manga volumes in the end.

So your preaching other than a moral base has. I can only understand this anxiety only in the case of somebody that wants to sell something to people that his work won't appeal to them, to people that knowing this product would prefer better not to spend their money on it. Your preaching appeals to support an ellusive plan of selling.

P

psymont

yes, it is true .... that elderfuck is a holier than thou shmuck ....

my psymontian economics:

if it wasnt for the fansub of One Piece, I am positive I would have never seen it .... I am now a fan .... after researching One Piece, I discovered that a store, approximately 10 miles away, carries merchandise from the series .... well, i have a few of these items now .... boxsets, posters, wallscroll, pins, etc... these also make wonderful gifts .... i have actually purchased One Piece merchandise for friends that have also become fans of the series thanks to fan subs .... now, do the math .... if i hadnt seen the series, i probably would have spent that money on drugs, liquor and hookers .... i think, as shady as the whole fansub situation is, it is not a total loss for the creators ....

to old board members:
i know my theory is not widely excepted, so there is no need to get in to a debate over this .... its been done already about a year ago, remember?

Kakkoii_Guts

海賊王になる男だ
TheElderGodCthulu said:
Or you can buy them legit by importing the raws from Japan, but piracy is so much better than actually giving the creator money isn't it?It's a good thing, but ADV or Pioneer would be better since they're would less chance of a bastardization, but atleast Funi includes subs unlike 4Kids.Heres one for you genius, go to audio options, click on "Japanese with English subtitles", and the dub track is magically gone!! In short stop complaining and listen to the sub, no ones forcing you to watch the dub.It's called TV standards moron, ever heard of them?They didn't cut out the first 15 episodes, for the TV broadcasting they skipped the first 15 episodes, you can still buy the first 15 at your local video shop.Why? Then you wouldn't have to steal from the creators by buying bootlegs and downloading shitty fansubs, because your too lazy to import a legit version from Japan, but your a Pirate, logic goes over your head.Ahhh yes, the epitome of a true anime nerd, if they are not Japanese then they can't act, how biased and idiotic, I bet you call yourself an otaku with pride? Guess what? otaku literally means house, and is also used as a slang term for a nerd, so you go on ahead and call yourself a nerd, I really hope you do it infront of a native Japanese person someday, you'll give them a real good laugh, on the acting part, I suggest you play the LOK series, if you can say those Western VA's suck you'll be a ceritified looney instead of an idiot, but then knowing "73l-l 9r347 074l<u" you'd probably say it.I

I actually own nothing but licensed merchandise from One Piece, all original manga and R2s asshole. Also for your information the cash you spend on R1s never makes it to the creator of the series. I really hate ignorant people.

I have never called myself an otaku in my entire life, and probably never will.

If you can show me one instance where an american VA has done a good jobs with one of Mayumi Tanaka's roles, I would gladly bow down to you.

TheElderGodCthulu said:
The words westernized dipshit, America isn't the only western country.

you: omg, teh renamed yojimbo, JOE!!!!11 taht iz such a amerikan name!11
Me: Actually Joe/Joseph is a hebrew name.
you: omg, stfu n00b!11 we allz know amerika iz teh only country to teh west of japon!11
Me: Right... actually most of Asia is farther west, and even farther than that is Europe where alot of these so called "Americanized" names come from, hell some of these names are not even European in origin but rather Middle Eastern such as Joseph, which as I said is hebrew.
you: wahtevar!!11 we all know taht tehy world iz only made of amerika and japon!11

The reason I used Americanized instead westernized because Funimation changed the names to make it more American TV ayduebce friendly. Not all western countries changes the names,music etc. Mexico and other countries show anime uncut and the names of the characters arent changed. Tokyopop has yes AMERICANIZED anime have you seen Intial D the opening is now some crappy rap song and many other things were change so that Intial D would be put on American tv but it didn't work out well with Tokyo Pop Intial D has been turned down by toonami and adult swim. The only real deepshit on this thread has been you.

Kakkoii_Guts

海賊王になる男だ
Neo Genesis said:
Shut the fuck up, asshole! All you've managed to prove is that you're an asshole who doesn't even know what he's talking about.

Thanks for takin' care of my light work. ;) ;) ;) ;)

NavalOfficerX7

This hand of mine glows with an awsome power!!!...
I do wish that guy was in the Armed forces.........
In this manner I would BREAK HIM, for showing such high disrespect towards other posters on the boards, especially because that was his first post. >:(

Well as a fag who's better than anyone else, I'd like to recommend http://k-f.cjb.net/ for quality up to date OP discussion and http://www.mangascreener.com/stephen/ for good scripts. These sites are stamped with my superior homo seal of quality.

P

PsychoJavexx

TheElderGodCthulu said:
Heres one for you genius, go to audio options, click on "Japanese with English subtitles", and the dub track is magically gone!! In short stop complaining and listen to the sub, no ones forcing you to watch the dub.

It's called TV standards moron, ever heard of them?

And you say it like I don't watch it like that? I was just saying that just about all the anime (all that I have seen so far) lately sucks ass. That's about the ONLY way I watch it, in Japanese with English subs. The only one I haven't watched like that was Neon Genesis Evangelion, and I thought that was pretty good. Everything else I've seen (DBZ, Berserk, .hack//SIGN, Hellsing) has sucked ass, big time.

And yeah, I know what tv standards are. And obviously you're the moron, because you didn't read my post. I didn't say I bought the tv version, and then found the uncut version. I said there are 2 uncut DVDs, one with 3 episodes on it, and one with 5. They fucked me and probably a lot of other people with this, and it pissed me off.

N

Nasferatu Zodd

Wow TheElderGodCthulu is sounding like the younger xechnao. Allthough now I must admit, xechnao has settled in and formed a good title. But anyways, yeah TheElderGodCthulu you really need to watch your mouth you little fuck. Some people on this board have short tempers and hypocrytes like you need to watch what they are saying. Just a little bit of advice. ;D

BOB

poruno sutâ
rasengan said:
one peice is great. I recomend the manga more than the anime

I loved the manga but ran out of money during that Arlong storyline. Recently downloaded ep 1-40 from dc++ and instantly fell in love with it. For me it's the first anime series that equals the manga behind it.
(I got one hell of an earwig for days now due to that 2nd ending song "run run run")

Top Bottom