One Piece

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
SPOILERS!!!
[hide]I think its the last fight between Luffy and the head guy of CP9. That and there is a Buster Call on its way, the 5 vice admirels with 10 war ships. Franky found out that Tom is still alive and is considering saving him from Imperel (sp?).[/hide]

What i know so far.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I think you should reduce the size of the font you're using to cover up spoilers guys, otherwise with all these spaces it's going to quickly become a hassle to read.

Like that for example.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Funkmasta Zeph said:
Anyone up to date in the manga?
This weeks chapter (418) should start the final phase of the Water7/Eneas Lobby arc...

It's the Enies Lobby arc. Water 7 ended some time ago. As to the original question; I read the scans of the Shounen Jump publication up to this last weeks chapter [ 417 ]. I loved what happened... but it did leave me a little confused. [hide]Zoro's 9 sword thing was bizarre.[/hide]

Aazealh said:
There are several speculations about this. However to tell you everything I'd need to spoil you recent stuff that happened in the manga so... But at least you know that so far there are four people sporting that initial. Monkey D. Luffy, Portgas D. Ace, Gol D. Roger, and Blackbeard (Marshall D. Teach).

Five, if you count Vice-Admiral Jaguar D. Saul =) "DERESHI, DERESHI, DERESHI!!!" :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Uriel said:
Five, if you count Vice-Admiral Jaguar D. Saul =) "DERESHI, DERESHI, DERESHI!!!" :guts:

Notice how I said that it was "so far" up to where he is in the series (End of Skypiea) and not spoiling him future events... That's why I didn't mention him.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Geez, I disappear for a week and you guys go and resurrect a topic about one of my all time favorites! I was fanatically into One Piece about two years ago, everybody thought I was crazy for being into a children's show. Being the dummy I am, I went and bought episodes 1-112 (I think) on good ol' HK bootleg. I used online sites to straighten the name game out. I would have been calling the Luffy Pirates Roof, Sauron, Sunkist, and Crook Boo if I didn't know any better. Anyway, after being completely obsessed with this series I just flat out stopped watching it for some reason. I got to the middle of the Alabasta arc and just gave up on it. I still purchase the manga every time a new volume comes out but how I miss that series! From time to time I'll check out some sites to see whats going on in the show. The last time I checked Luffy looked really cool, he looked like Afro Thunder from that shitty Ready to Rumble boxing game. The question on my mind is should I just continue to read the domestic manga releases or should I haul my behind back to Alabasta and pick up where I left off in the series! I'm considering picking the anime back up because one of the last episodes I watched was really awesome. Chopper/Usopp vs. two members of the Baroque Works. Usopp really got his ass kicked in that episode! What should I do?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Concerning recent development:

[hide]Finally Usopp got to snipe Spandam. Good, I had been waiting for it for quite a while (it was foretold when Sanji told him they each had to do their own thing) and I was starting to think it'd never happen honestly (which would have been a huge disappointment for me). Now the "fleeing the Buster Call" part can start, as soon as Luffy finishes Lucci off and is joined by Franky & Robin that is. Any speculation regarding what ship they'll use from now on?[/hide]

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Aazealh said:
Concerning recent development:

[hide]Finally Usopp got to snipe Spandam. Good, I had been waiting for it for quite a while (it was foretold when Sanji told him they each had to do their own thing) and I was starting to think it'd never happen honestly (which would have been a huge disappointment for me). Now the "fleeing the Buster Call" part can start, as soon as Luffy finishes Lucci off and is joined by Franky & Robin that is. Any speculation regarding what ship they'll use from now on?[/hide]

[hide]People are disussing that ether... The Going Merry miracoulousy comes back repaird or maybe Frankie has a secret ship that he had stashed away.[/hide]

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
[hide]People are disussing that ether... The Going Merry miracoulousy comes back repaird or maybe Frankie has a secret ship that he had stashed away.[/hide]

[hide]It's probable that Franky or Iceburg will offer them a ship or work on one quickly, maybe to build Merry a sister or something equally cheesy. They could even incorporate old parts of the Going Merry in it for decoration as some kind of tribute. I don't think it'll reappear out of the blue though, that'd be nonsensical after all of what people said about it and how it was stressed the ship had no chance at all to be restored.[/hide]

The hidden quotes are pretty funny.

Uriel

In regards to the lastest episode:
  • [hide]SOGEKING!! I loved watching Spandam getting owned. Before, I liked him for being such a stupid Evil Doer, but the way he treated Robin for the past 10 or so episodes.... my hatred for him has become uncontrollable. When he got one in the face from Sogeking, I literally punched the air :guts: 'Twas bloody amazing.
[/hide]

And.....
  • [hide]In regards to their escape, I'm not sure which direction they could leave. I got the impression the Buster Call is coming from the direction of the Gates. If that's the case, it's possible that Iceburg and Galley-La could show up from the entry point of Enies Lobby to assist the Franky Family and the Mugiwara crew. There is no way they could leave from Rocketman at this point, but I suppose there is always whats left of Puffing Tom?
[/hide]

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Uriel said:
In regards to the lastest episode

Actually, I think they're chapters in One Piece, not episodes. Yeah I know, why aren't they all called the same thing... :puck:

Uriel said:
[hide]SOGEKING!! I loved watching Spandam getting owned. Before, I liked him for being such a stupid Evil Doer, but the way he treated Robin for the past 10 or so episodes.... my hatred for him has become uncontrollable.[/hide]

[hide]I never liked Spandam. He's the typical madman-with-a-high-position-in-the-miliary and from the first time it looked like it'd end with him kicking incapacitated people to me. Even the trick he used to capture Tom was horribly dirty. But then again I'm sure that's how we're supposed to feel about him.[/hide]

Uriel said:
[hide]In regards to their escape, I'm not sure which direction they could leave. I got the impression the Buster Call is coming from the direction of the Gates. If that's the case, it's possible that Iceburg and Galley-La could show up from the entry point of Enies Lobby to assist the Franky Family and the Mugiwara crew. There is no way they could leave from Rocketman at this point, but I suppose there is always whats left of Puffing Tom?[/hide]

[hide]It's coming from the gate yeah, directly from the World Government's HQ. And I also think they'll use Puffing Tom, although I'm not sure how exactly 2 giants could fit on it. Or maybe the marines will have ships and will allow them to board, since there's 6000 of them left they better have some means of escape ready. In any case the crew should get back to Water7 if they want to get a new boat and sort their problems out (Usopp in the crew again? Saying good bye to Merry?). Still, to actually blow up their own island, they have to be pretty mindless. I guess Oda's proving a point: Buster Calls are inhumane.[/hide]

Anyway, if we're going to keep discussing recent events I think it'd be better to drop the hide tags and just warn people not to read it. Otherwise we'll end up with whole pages of hidden text.

Uriel

*randomly brings the thread back to life*

Out of curiosity, what is everyone's take on Zoro's "Asura Ichibugin" technique?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Uriel said:
Out of curiosity, what is everyone's take on Zoro's "Asura Ichibugin" technique?

Well, it's a new technique that doesn't make much sense, like pretty much all of his techniques. :void: If you're referring to the fact he appears to have 6 arms and 3 heads, it's obviously just an optical illusion and only there to look cool. Anyway I like it personally, it does look cool.

Also, it looks like the Mugiwara crew will use the boat Spandam had planned for himself to escape, which should bring them practically face to face with the upcoming Buster Call. Any thought on that?

Uriel

I'm reassured you see the technique the same way I did, Aaz.
Aazealh said:
Also, it looks like the Mugiwara crew will use the boat Spandam had planned for himself to escape, which should bring them practically face to face with the upcoming Buster Call. Any thought on that?

[hide]My wife, who loves One Piece almost as much as I, said that it's getting a little over the top now. While I agree with her to a certain extent, I also reminded her that the Mugiwara crew has waged war against the WORLD GOVERNMENT. This will not be a quick in-and-out. If you consider how quickly the crew took care of Cipher Pol 9, in compared with other fights in the series, another challenge only seems right; though I doubt each member will take on one of the 6 Naval commanders shown on the last two pages of chapter 420... some of the characters limits have already been shown (i.e, Chopper). Therefore, I'm swinging to say someone/something might intervene with the on coming attack just long enough to let everyone escape.[/hide]

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Just drop the hide tags man, it's been a whole page of them now and people can't follow the thread at all without being spoiled, so their purpose is defeated.

Uriel said:
My wife, who loves One Piece almost as much as I, said that it's getting a little over the top now. While I agree with her to a certain extent, I also reminded her that the Mugiwara crew has waged war against the WORLD GOVERNMENT. This will not be a quick in-and-out. If you consider how quickly the crew took care of Cipher Pol 9, in compared with other fights in the series, another challenge only seems right; though I doubt each member will take on one of the 6 Naval commanders shown on the last two pages of chapter 420...

Well it's been over the top for a while, I mean they fought "God" and all in the sky, even if it wasn't a real god. The progress has been fast if you think about it, they went from fighting Arlong to Crocodile (a member of the Shichibukai, no matter how much weaker than the rest) in a short amount of time. If anything I like the current development and how it concerns more than a single main character and runs deeper than the typical "save the innocent guys" scenario, although I'm wondering if Oda will really make it so that the WG is full of bad guys pursuing the nice pirates fighting for freedom, that'd be a tad cliché. The revelation of secrets about the world is also welcome (I bet the name of that mysterious kingdom that disappeared starts with a D :carcus:), especially since Oda's recently said he was approximately halfway done with the story.

The Buster Call's a pretty big thing and the destruction of that island is a huge deal of course, but it ties to Robin's story so... I can take it. And like you said the fights with the CP9 were pretty quickly done (too much IMO, especially considering their super skills and how they showcase them on Water7), so combined with the way the current WG Saga's been dealt with (lots of twists and surprises) I wouldn't be surprised if it all lasted a bit longer. Needless to say, with this the Mugiwara crew should become something close to the n°1 public enemy in order for the story to be realistic (would be interesting in regard to the other big time pirates, to see their reactions and such). And I also don't expect them to fight each of the 5 vice-admirals that are unleashing the Buster Call, fleeing and fighting them one by one (or at least not all together) later would be more proper I guess.

Uriel said:
some of the characters limits have already been shown (i.e, Chopper). Therefore, I'm swinging to say someone/something might intervene with the on coming attack just long enough to let everyone escape.

Well, Chopper's limit might always evolve, you never know... And as a monster he was pretty much unstoppable too. Since we're talking about this though, Franky's struggled too and it actually surprised me, I didn't think he'd have trouble defeating Fukurou. Anyway I also think that for now they'll be fleeing (maybe Robin will play a role in that by thwarting the BC? Freeing herself from the demons of her past? Since she hasn't done anything till now...).

Funkmasta Zeph

Finely made wine since 1840
Spoilers and some pages for 421 are out on the Arlong Park forums.

Gear3 is shown and its basically Luffy pumping his bones full of air? And drastically changing the size of limbs of choice.
It looks like the final phase of the Luchi duel is on.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Funkmasta Zeph said:
Gear3 is shown and its basically Luffy pumping his bones full of air?

I'm wondering if it's just his bones or his body in general. He bites his thumb deeply, blows in it, and then transfers the air into the part of his body he wants (in this case his left arm). It looks a bit goofy but it gets the job done I guess (was he inspired by Franky's arms?). This could even have been the final attack on Lucci too, since he was ejected out of the building.

Funkmasta Zeph

No...
Especially with Gepou...
He can just leap back in, aside from being relocated outside he dosen't look too hurt.

Funkmasta Zeph

Just as thought, Luchi is still alive and kicking.
Seems we get a little fLuchi backstory, the chapter also has a feel of Luchi's/ Vice Admiral POV...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
It seems Lucci was lucky, he almost lost consciousness from Luffy's hit but fell on the bridge of a warship instead of the sea (close call). They keep fighting and slowly destroy the boat, which the Vice Admiral doesn't mind seeing destroyed apparently, even though that means the death of over 1000 marines. The Lucci backstory is a bit Keyser Söze-ish, what with killing 500 hostages, then the pirates that kidnapped them and getting shot without wavering... At 13. Not all that interesting IMO. However I like his Leopard form.

does robin ever bust out? she kinda had a weak battle in sky piea... dont tell me how or where or when she goes off, just let me know if i can look forward to it...

Top Bottom