One Piece

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Funkmasta Zeph said:
Why is there no discusion after a deluge of plot twists? :miura:

Why is there no spoiler tag for what you just said? :miura:
I was just looking to get a general idea of what arc One Piece is on and get bombarded with spoilers! Just kidding, I look forward to catching up in the story and discussing it with you! I left off on the Alabasta arc and will try to catch up hopefully in the next year or so. Hopefully sooner.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Funkmasta Zeph said:
Going Merry receives viking funeral!
Vice Admiral Garp is Luffy's Grandfather!
Adam Tree?

Why is there no discusion after a deluge of plot twists? :miura:
All is correct so far expect that which I have striked! Where oh where did that come from? :beast:

EDIT: I may somewhat retract my statement about Garp since I read more into the thread that it was posted on but im still at a maybe....

EDIT2: OK so I just read the translation! I shoudl have read the whole thing! :judo:

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Will discuss when the scans are out along with translations. But for now, I'm excited :guts:

Aaz: Did we call Franky going off to buy material or what? :badbone:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Uriel said:
Aaz: Did we call Franky going off to buy material or what? :badbone:

Yes, I do think we did. :guts:

EDIT: And I'm glad Garp turned out to be Luffy's grandfather, because I always thought he was awesome.

damn Im a massive fan of one piece.....gah, but Im following the kaizoku releases.....god damn....thhe newest arc looks by far the best (enies lobby/water 7)....when it gets to 210 I might check some other fansubs....cant wait

anyway, never saw garp being luffys grandfather......damn

peace

BOB

poruno sutâ
Been so long since I last watched the older episodes, could only vaguely remember Garp (by the dog hood) so where and when did we see him again, Skypia or Arabasta or am I completely off?

BOB

poruno sutâ
Aazealh said:
In the last issue, after the Enies Lobby arc. So yeah, you're completely off.

grrrr, I read chapter 431, I was wondering where he was introduced to the series

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
BOB said:
grrrr, I read chapter 431, I was wondering where he was introduced to the series

Well you're still completely off, his introduction was in chapter 92 (Arlong arc). He took care of Morgan, the guy Luffy and Zoro first defeated together, and enrolled Koby and Helmeppo in his crew. They're probably the ones he wants Luffy to meet. I'd like to see Zoro duke it out with his swordsman lieutenant, personally.

Uriel

I wish my DVD drive worked right now, I want to go back to the Koby and Helmeppo anime scenes to rewatch Garp..

Aazealh said:
He... enrolled Koby and Helmeppo in his crew. They're probably the ones he wants Luffy to meet. I'd like to see Zoro duke it out with his swordsman lieutenant, personally.

Hahaha. That is the first thing I thought when I saw him! "A good swordsman... maybe he and Zoro will bang heads later on." But looking back, Garp is obviously one of the family. Crazy strength, weird eating habits and I did mention to my wife once that Ace fell asleep at odd moments, "like that marine guy with the dog-hat... you know, the one from the Koby and Helmeppo sub-story?" or something along those lines. I never would have guessed he was actually their Grandfather though! It's a really interesting turn of events and it really encourages me to keep up with One Piece, even though the best arc we've seen is pretty much over. Maybe we'll learn Garp's full name later on... a name with the "D" in it.

Edit: Anyone wanna side with the theory that is was Garp who took in Roger? Judicial Father captures Renegade Son? 'Makes for an nice little twist.

BOB

poruno sutâ
Aazealh said:
Well you're still completely off, his introduction was in chapter 92 (Arlong arc). He took care of Morgan, the guy Luffy and Zoro first defeated together, and enrolled Koby and Helmeppo in his crew. They're probably the ones he wants Luffy to meet. I'd like to see Zoro duke it out with his swordsman lieutenant, personally.

Now that's the explanation I was waiting for, thanks. Everything pops back into my mind. Had a break for over a year after the arabasta ark so I forgot about the whole Koby and Helmeppo thing.

SaiyajinNoOuji

Uriel said:
I wish my DVD drive worked right now, I want to go back to the Koby and Helmeppo anime scenes to rewatch Garp..

Hahaha. That is the first thing I thought when I saw him! "A good swordsman... maybe he and Zoro will bang heads later on." But looking back, Garp is obviously one of the family. Crazy strength, weird eating habits and I did mention to my wife once that Ace fell asleep at odd moments, "like that marine guy with the dog-hat... you know, the one from the Koby and Helmeppo sub-story?" or something along those lines. I never would have guessed he was actually their Grandfather though! It's a really interesting turn of events and it really encourages me to keep up with One Piece, even though the best arc we've seen is pretty much over. Maybe we'll learn Garp's full name later on... a name with the "D" in it.

Edit: Anyone wanna side with the theory that is was Garp who took in Roger? Judicial Father captures Renegade Son? 'Makes for an nice little twist.

I read that theory and I suppose it could be true but we just have to wait a few days... Also... whent he hell does Shounen Jump come out? I noticed that a lot of these magazines like to come out randomly unlike YA which comes out every 2 weeks and what no.

Uriel

Holy fucking shit!

Early information was leaked.. and it's a bombshell! Highlight at your own risk, folks..

• [hide]Roughly translated:

The real name of Garp, is Monkey D. Garp, and Grandpa of Luffy (Duh)
    Meanwhile, Helmeppo uses a two-sword style using Kukiri swords (a type of machete), while Coby has something to cut/shave(?)
    Dragon's real name is Monkey D. Dragon, and is Luffy's Father![/hide]

Yeah. Not a lot of us would have called something like this... but man, what a revelation!

SaiyajinNoOuji

Yea just read it, although some of the people over "there" I dont really care for because they think they know everything and seem full of them selves. I almost thought it was Xech v 2.0! Anyways though, I cant wait for the episode! =D Maybe I will go on by today and see if I can pick it up!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Well, that's an interesting revelation.

[hide]It's weird that Ace has a different surname/nickname though, because we now have 3 people sharing the "Monkey" one. And while before it seemed to just be a nickname, now it's looking more like their family name. It's interesting that Dragon, of all people, turned out to be Luffy's father. I guess he had a good reason to save him after all. :p

Now all that's left is to learn the meaning of that damn D. I still think it's the name of that fallen country that the World Government erased from history, or at least that it's related to it.[/hide]

BOB

poruno sutâ
these revelations made my day. They're pretty fast over "there". You shout donkey droppings and they wrap 10 page threads around it in no time. Dedication I guess

And about the cut/shave device. It's Soru

Funkmasta Zeph

Finely made wine since 1840
300 Million: Strawhat Luffy
120 Million: Pirate Hunter Zoro
80 Million: Demon Child Nico Robin
77 Million: Black Leg Sanji
44 Million: Cyborg Franky
30 Million: The Sniper King
16 Million: Cat Burglar Nami
50: Cotton Candy Lovin' Chopper

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, that was nice, although expected. Sanji's wanted poster is funny. It looks like Franky will join the crew, which was also expected. The area they'll travel through next seems interesting, and I wonder if they'll meet Arlong's big brother or something like that in the Merman Island.

BOB

poruno sutâ
wonder how nami will react to the whole thing. Very exciting right now, think it was a good idea to switch from the anime to the manga, especially with all the filler episodes and all

Funkmasta Zeph

Finely made wine since 1840
If you must know....

We did see thier reactions, she was the only one on the entire (well Usopp hasn't seen his yet) that seems to hate the idea of a bounty.

Luffy was thrilled.
Zoro was pleased.
Robin just smiled.
Sanji is horrified because of his picture.
And Chopper can't beleive he only has 50.

Nami was upset period. She all about money after all, and to be worth some...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
It's been called for a long time that she didn't like for the crew to have high bounties. It's nothing new and it really was to be expected that she'd be crushed to have one.

SaiyajinNoOuji

Aazealh said:
It's been called for a long time that she didn't like for the crew to have high bounties. It's nothing new and it really was to be expected that she'd be crushed to have one.
What about the dual meaning of her name? :carcus:

Top Bottom