Other Artist

Chinmi

The best defense is a good offence!
Berserk have one of the best art I ever seen in a comic.  I was wondering what people think and whatf other artist people like.

Personally, I like Jim Lee (Deathblow), Andy Seto (Cyber Weapon Z), any capcom art and the guy who draw Metal Gear.

i am in awe of Inoue Takehiko's work in Vagabond. the detail is absolutely astounding and must be seen by everyone. he definitely could stand equal with Miura's work, IMHO.

cthm

Good... Bad... I'm the Guy With the Gun
Ktsuhiro Otomo (Akira ;D ;D ;D), of corse, Akira Toriyama (Dragonball, even though his stuff is kinda cartoony :p), and Yukito Kishiro (Battle Angel Alita) to name a few.

I also like a lot of American comic artists as well :), like Gerg Capullo (Spawn, and Creech was sooooo fucking awesome! ;D ;D Why it have to be only 3 issues long…. :'(), J. Scott Campbell (Gen 13), and Jason Johnson (he did a couple of issues of Wetworks and Gen 13: Interactive)

There are so many more, but I don’t want to take up too much of your time… :) :p

i am in awe of Inoue Takehiko's work in Vagabond. the detail is absolutely astounding and must be seen by everyone. he definitely could stand equal with Miura's work, IMHO.

I was just looking at it in the 7-eleven today. It is a pretty sweet. Some mangaka that I think are pretty cool are:
Eiichiro Oda-While his work is a little strange to look at and some of his female characters look exactly alike his art has a very nice dynamic feel to it(Especially with Monkey D Luffy who if this manga were undertaken by a less imaginative artist his ability to stretch himself in any direction would not nearly be as exciting (For an example of that just look at Mr. Fantastic.).).
Yasuhiro Nightow-One of the worst things in manga is when an artist forgets to draw a consistent, coherent manga in favor of a very stylized approach. Nightow is very close to being that type of artist, but he manages to avoid it for the most part and he provides a pretty damn spiffy comic.
Nobuhiro Watsuki-The last arc of Rurouni Kenshin showed how much growth Watsuki had undergone as an artist since the beginning of the manga. Whereas the first few volumes of Kenshin`s art was poofy and really crappy the last volumes contrasted that by having a sharp and totally radical style to them. It was a little disappointing to see that even though his art had become better it didn`t work in cases like Gun Blaze West (Although I think tthat had more to do with the total lack of imagination put into that series.).

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
Nobuhiro Watsuki-The last arc of Rurouni Kenshin showed how much growth Watsuki had undergone as an artist since the beginning of the manga. Whereas the first few volumes of Kenshin`s art was poofy and really crappy the last volumes contrasted that by having a sharp and totally radical style to them.

amen to that! he is one of the more "dynamic" artists in terms of changing his style

btw, dynamic in this sense does not have a positive connotation. it took him the whole RK series to discover his style. i'd argue that the jinchuu p1 has the most eye-pleasing art, but the final (jinchu p2) has best art.

puella

Berserk forever
I go along with you.
Inoue's mood is sorta opposite of Miura's. His characters are not grotesque as berserk nor get strip-off often. ^_^;;
and How about Bronson who's Miura's senior?

Chinmi

The guy who draw Blade of Immortal is amazing!!!! He draw with such detail. I like realistic style as opposed to cartoonny stuff. I dumbfounded that no one mention him. When there is an action in this comic, it really comes alive!!!!

puella

Berserk forever
The guy who draw Blade of Immortal is amazing!!!!  He draw with such detail.  I like realistic style as opposed to cartoonny stuff.  I dumbfounded that no one mention him.  When there is an action in this comic, it really comes alive!!!!
too bad i've not read Hiroaki Samura's manga yet.
but maybe on this winter vacation....

The guy who draw Blade of Immortal is amazing!!!!  He draw with such detail.  I like realistic style as opposed to cartoonny stuff.  I dumbfounded that no one mention him.  When there is an action in this comic, it really comes alive!!!!

true, i used to really admire Samura's style alot. its like a sketch the entire way through and unlike anything else ive seen. then i found Vagabond, another Samurai "epic", and was astounded by its even more shocking level of detail, so i kinda forgot about Samura...
but yeah, Samura's style does kick some ass.

Sofus

I serve the God Hand
Yeah Samura is truly a brilliant artist!
When it comes to american or british artists, my absolute favorite is Simon Bisley (ABC warriors, Lobo, Judgement on Gotham etc), he's so incredibly skilled and he combines that talent with such bizarre humor I can't resist it :)

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Ayami Kojima (castlevania SOTN/Dracula X NITM). Simply stunning artwork

edit: and yes, technicaly she has done a manga. There was a mini-comic she did for NITM.

puella

Berserk forever
People here have good taste in art!
you know, Chinmi
Chinmi means "very much in favor of America" in Korean.
It is Chinese letter. Chin means having good acquaintance with
and Mi is America. 8)

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
you know, Chinmi
and Mi is America.  8)

i hope nobody would be offended, but methinks korean letters has to be one of the least aesthetic alphabet set in the world. wat's the deal with that?

puella

Berserk forever
i hope nobody would be offended, but methinks korean letters has to be one of the least aesthetic alphabet set in the world. wat's the deal with that?
when it comes to the sound of pronunciation, yes.
Besides my langauage, Korean has a lot of ambiguities but it may be good point also.

Chinmi

you know, Chinmi
                       and Mi is America.  

Gee, I didn't know that.   I just pick that name because that is the name of a character I like in a different manga.

Top Bottom