Pan's Labyrinth.

Hi_There

Born to be MILD!
Just recently heard of this movie, but it's getting great reviews and considered a 'fantasy for grownups.' Has alot of violence and gore apperently

:guts:

http://www.panslabyrinth.com/

Hi_There

Born to be MILD!
I live around Toronto Canada and it's playing in only 2 theatres in Toronto, so I suppose it's a limited release. I think it came out today though.

Yeah, this and Children of Men are the only films I want to see to cap off this year. Alas, everyone here sucks at life, so I don't get either.
Instead, we get DREAMGIRLS.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Slightly Green said:
Instead, we great DREAMGIRLS.

Is that the one where the protagonist wants to be somebody but becomes chewed up by the system to be left shaken but somehow richer for the experience?

I can't wait to see it again!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Lots of violence and gore? Must be good and mature then!

But seriously, this looks interesting. I've been waiting to check it out since the trailer came out, so hopefully it'll be worth it.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
This is one I'm looking forward to seeing, too. Looks like something out of the mind of Tim Burton. Should be interesting. :guts:

I saw this a week or so ago. It's a pretty solid film, in my opinion Del Toro's best. Then again I haven't really liked any of his other stuff (that I have seen; I haven't seen Chronos, Mimic, and Devil's Backbone), so that isn't saying much; I felt that Hellboy was flat and nonengaging and I just couldn't stomach Blade II. I don't want to discuss the plot of Pan's as I don't wish to spoil.

March of Flames

Love Is Vengeance.
I saw this movie last week and it's a really good movie. I wish it had more fantasy parts in it because every time something "magical" happened I wanted to see much more of it (the eye creature). It was much darker than I thought it would be but I didn't know what to expect because I didn't want to see an accidental spoiler. I would recommended to anyone that likes fantasy type movies with a great plot

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Re: Pan's Labyrinth...

I loved this movie. The visual effects and the overall production was of high quality throughout. I can't say too much on it, because I'm like to rant for the next hour and spoil everything. I will say that it's a must see for anyone who can deal with the idea of graphic violence in a "Fantasy" movie. I'm gonna be brazen and give it a 10/10. I would say to go into with an open mind -- ignore hype and just enjoy it for the experience!

... could have done with more Faun though :puck:

I was really disappointed when I initially found out this movie wasn't coming to theaters in the state I live (SLC, Utah). Then, they finally decided to release it at like 2 theaters, and they've been selling out like crazy since. I'm going to go see it tonight, I'm really looking forward to it.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Still pissed I can't find a theatre around me that's playing this ... It's the only thing playing that I want to see. I'll probably have to wait until DVD to see it now. Argh

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
I had a chance to go see this for free last week but chose to stay home and sleep, thanks to working multiple shifts and staying up for days. Now I'm kicking myself in the ass for it. Thanks guys!

March of Flames

Love Is Vengeance.
I really hope everyone has the chance to see it because I believe it's one of the few movies worth going to see in theaters. Oh I forgot to mention how much I love the music, it's so haunting and well written. Aufond if you get the chance post if you liked it or not. :guts:

Ohio may be a shithole, but at least we get major releases. Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed it, and the creature with eyes on the plate freaked me out.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
bph said:
Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed it, and the creature with eyes on the plate freaked me out.

Same here. That was my favorite part of the movie, though, oddly enough. Loved this movie, definitely gonna be picking it up when it hits DVD.

Uriel said:
... could have done with more Faun though :puck:

Yeah, he was pretty great, definitely the most intriguing character in the movie for me.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
excelent movie, course I'll like almost anything with any depth where everyone dies....

would've been nice if they'd chosen between "faun" and "Pan"...

I agree with all positive sentiments to the nth degree.

Grovel said:
The bit with the nose & the bottle made me cringe though - nasty!
Hey, it could've been A LOT worse.

TRUST ME:
7098630.jpg

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Slightly Green said:
I agree with all positive sentiments to the nth degree.
Hey, it could've been A LOT worse.

TRUST ME:

Is that the movie where they beat a guy to death with a fire extinguisher? My friend told me about it after we watched High Tension. He said that moments in High Tension reminded him of that scene.

Hmm I have seen it. Its very good but a bit predictable if you know your mythology. It's dark though and takes place during a war, so you dont just get the story of a girl and a labrynth but the grim reality in which she lives in. It's a must see!
And it's in Spanish, which some people dont know, so I'm just throwing that in there.

Femto the Raven

The location of agony? The human soul.
I have a feeling the only thing I'm not going to like about this movie is how much time is spent in the real world. War drama is all well and good, but come on, make with the (dark and preferably twisted) magic!

Not playing near me at the moment, I'll keep an eye out but I'm probably going to have to wait for the DVD.

Top Bottom