Patrick Swayze has stopped his treatment for pancreatic cancer

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1131056/Cancer-stricken-Patrick-Swayze-stops-treatment-doctors-say-little-do.html

Cancer-stricken movie star Patrick Swayze has reportedly given up all medical treatment.
The 56-year-old is said to have made the decision after doctors told him there was little they could do to stop the progress of his illness

Most of you will remember Swayze from movies like Ghost, Road house, Dirty Dancing and Point Break. The 56 year old movie star was first diagnosed with pancreatic cancer 12 months ago. He fought a hard battle against one of the most virulent forms of the disease but doctors have now told him that there is little they can do to stop the progress of his cancer. Swayze has given up on all medical treatment. Most people die from pancreatic cancer within 6 months but Swayze has been fighting it for 12 months now.

Patrick stated that,
"There's more I want to do. Lots more. I want to last until they find a cure."

He may have given up treatment but he certainly has not given up the battle.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Sad news, i always thought he was cool. I remember him for his roles in Red Dawn, Uncommon Valor and Steel Dawn, some of my childhood movies. Not great films today, but those old, copied video tapes of my dads are what i watched as a kid, and Swayze was a part of that.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Looks like Swayze's camp is denying it.

http://www.imdb.com/news/ns0000002/#ni0663670

Swayze Still Undergoing Cancer Treatment

29 January 2009 2:00 PM, PST

Patrick Swayze's publicists are slamming U.S. tabloid reports the actor has abandoned treatment for pancreatic cancer, insisting there is "no truth" to the allegations. The National Enquirer claimed the Dirty Dancing star, who was diagnosed with the fatal disease last year, had quit all chemotherapy and was preparing for his final days after allegedly being told his condition was "inoperable".

But Swayze's representative Annett Wolf has blasted the rumours, saying: "The reports are not true. Patrick is continuing his treatment."

The star was recently released from hospital after undergoing treatment for pneumonia, but he insisted he was fighting the illness as best he could.

He told reporters, "I am still alive and plan on continuing to stay that way."

Oburi

All praise Grail
LAst night I watched Steel Dawn which I haven't seen since I was 12. Its such a terrible 80's movie but I still love it. You guys should watch it if you get a chance, Swayze was never as badass as he was in that movie.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
That reminds me, as terrible a movie as Road House is, I absolutely love it. One of my favorite bad movies. You'll be missed Swayze :sad:

Top Bottom