PC

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Nothing too fancy for me. I've cobbled mine together from various parts over the years. The current parts date back to 2014, but the video card is relatively new: i5 3570K (3.4GHz), 8GB DDR, Radeon RX 560. I run most games at 1080p, the max res for my monitor. Seems to do fine.

Fancypantaloons

Trapped in time. Surrounded by evil. Low on gas.
What's important to know, I guess:

AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.40 GHz
8gb RAM
ASUS R7 250X

Not a great thing but it is what it is. I bought some stuff for it over the years but I got most of the things from friends that upgraded their computers and gave me what they didn't use anymore since I don't have a good job and I'm not in a good spot to spend much money on this kind of stuff.

Anyway, you can stop reading here but I want to share a story about my pc:
I found my computer case on the street as I was riding my bike to work. It was in great shape, I was surprised to see it just standing there. I told myself "If it is still here when I get out of work, I'm taking it home", so I did. I cleaned it really good, and replaced the case I had that was not suited for gaming, it was one of those old 90's white cases with no air, it was an oven! Anyway, I was lucky and inside the case there were 2 working coolers. That was a good day.

My friends call my PC Frankenstein's monster, because of all the parts from different PCs I gathered through the years.

I have a laptop. Asus with Intel Core i5 7200u, Nvidia GeForce 940mx and added 4GB of RAM so basically I have 8GB of RAM. Currently I'm waiting for prices drop in graphics card and processor market and then I'll build new gaming rig.

I know that I know :)

My post our worse
Finally got my new pc

Gtx 1070 overclocked
16gb of ram
3.5 GHz going to overclock to 3.9 ghz at some point
currently have a 1080p monitor 75 hz

only 250 gb of storage though :judo:

Finally I can run minesweeper at a smooth 60fps :guts:

Top Bottom