Phoenix Wright x Professor Layton Crossover for 3DS

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
1287493998398.png

This deserves its own thread I think. :serpico:
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/10/19/l5vision_2010_live_blog/
The big announcement of the night: Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney! This collaboration with Capcom is in development for 3DS and will feature a scenario from Shu Takumi.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gufhYicCUs4
:isidro: :isidro:
Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton CROSSOVER. HOLY SHIT I'LL BUY 20! :guts:
1287493730605.jpg

http://www.andriasang.com/e/galleries/2010/10/19/layton_vs_ace_attorney_images/
some more artwork here.

http://layton-vs-gyakuten.jp/
Japanese site goes live tomorrow!

Dar_Klink

Eluvei said:
A Japanese man in a suit is gonna draw a lot of attention in that old timey village!
It's magic, I ain't gotta explain shit.
Ace Attorney designer Shu Takumi made an appearance at Level-5 Vision to announce the project alongside Level-5 CEO Akihiro Hino. Takumi is heading up scenario work on the new game.
Official materials released by Level-5 promise a game that that puts players up against puzzles with contradictions. The "puzzle" and "contradiction" theme are recognizable as, respectively, key words from Layton and Ace Attorney.
The game's story has Professor Hershel Layton and Phoenix Wright (Ryuichi Naruhodo in the Japanese version) finding themselves in a different world. They come to the medieval city of Labyrinth City, where reality and illusions are intertwined. This strange town is also home to witches, who hide in the shadows, and is a place where magic is real. It has also been home to a number of impossible occurrences of late.
The city is controlled by a villain named Story Teller. The story he writes with his pen becomes reality as the future of the world.
Layton will find himself faced with all new puzzles. As for Phoenix Wright, the person who seeks his help this time has been accused of witch craft.
The trial that takes place in this world is "Majo Saiban," or "Witch Trial."

The term "Witch Trial" will be familiar to those who've been paying attention to Capcom's recent Ace Attorney developments. Capcom recently hinted at an upcoming game announcement at the Ace Attorney portal. An image for the game showed a book with the word "Witch Trial." It looks like the identity of the mystery game has been revealed.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
My wife is seriously addicted to these titles. For the 1st time I actually hear my wife begging to buy her a video game.

Dar_Klink

Aphasia said:
Aw you beat me to it! I'm so damn excited. I'm trying so hard to not throw on the caps lock. YAY!!! :D
I know what you mean, this is like one of those things you daydream about but never expect to actually happen. Like a new Berserk anime or Duke Nukem Forever coming out. :troll:

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Dar Klink said:
I know what you mean, this is like one of those things you daydream about but never expect to actually happen. Like a new Berserk anime or Duke Nukem Forever coming out. :troll:

Hahahah, I know right. What a funny sentence you typed there. A few months ago I would've laughed at you.

Dar_Klink

This looks great, but...
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-10-20-layton-vs-phoenix-wright-only-for-japan said:
Exciting crossover 3DS game Professor Layton VS Phoenix Wright is as of right now a Japan-only title, but with gamers' support it could come to the West, Capcom's said.

"The game has only been announced for Japan," wrote Capcom's jgonzo in a blog post.
Within the same link:

Did you know the Ace Attorney series has sold 3.9 million units worldwide? Now you do. Capcom reckons it's one of its "strongest intellectual properties".

Professor Layton, though, has sold a whopping 9.5 million units worldwide since the first title in the series went on sale in February 2007.

Do they hate money? I think this is just some little publicity thing to make people sign up at that Capcom site, since the person asks people to post comments if they want the game. Seriously, when I heard of this I yelled to Level-5/Nintendo/Capcom "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY"

Oh, and awesome picture Aaz, I already had it saved, so I think I was either going through old threads or you showed it to me at some point. :serpico:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Dar Klink said:
Do they hate money? I think this is just some little publicity thing to make people sign up at that Capcom site, since the person asks people to post comments if they want the game. Seriously, when I heard of this I yelled to Level-5/Nintendo/Capcom "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY"

Yeah it's kind of ridiculous, but I imagine they want to be reassured. "Yes, we'll massively buy your game."

Dar Klink said:
Oh, and awesome picture Aaz, I already had it saved, so I think I was either going through old threads or you showed it to me at some point. :serpico:

Yeah I showed it to you on AIM a while back. :slan:

Top Bottom