POLL: Vote for Your 2 Favorite Characters

Choose your two favorite characters in Berserk (PICK 2)

• Guts

Votes: 266 61.3%
  • Casca

Votes: 52 12.0%
  • Griffith

Votes: 81 18.7%
  • Skull Knight

Votes: 73 16.8%
  • Zodd

Votes: 30 6.9%
  • Judo

Votes: 21 4.8%
  • Carcus

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Pippin

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Rickert

Votes: 12 2.8%
  • Void

Votes: 12 2.8%
  • Slan

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Conrad

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Ubik

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Silat

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Godot

• Wyald

Votes: 6 1.4%
  • Farnese

Votes: 38 8.8%
  • Serpico

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Azan

• Isidro

Votes: 6 1.4%
  • Schierke

Votes: 46 10.6%
  • Sonia

• Grunbeld

• Rakshas

• Locus

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Irvine

Votes: 11 2.5%
  • Flora

• Ganishka

• Puck

Votes: 21 4.8%

• Total voters

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I voted for :guts: and :griffnotevil:. As Griff said, Griffith is such a good antagonist. He's one of the most well-thought-out, developed baddies ever created.

Do I even need to mention why I chose Guts? :iva:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Walter said:
I know this is partly in jest, but I don't think it's fair to imply that we're completely in the dark about his character. His character is actually the one thing we know the most about. The way he interacts with characters, namely Guts, Flora and Luca, tells us a lot about his personality--or what's left of it. He's a chivalrous, enigmatic, former conqueror who has dedicated the past 1,000 years of his existence to opposing the God Hand.

I agree... that's why I said we're only half in the dark. :iva: Kidding aside, Skully is already a fully formed character, as you pointed out in your lovely tribute to our namesake. I don't expect a lot more out of him but confirmation of what we already know or have surmised. To put it another way, I don't think he needs a big crying scene or anything to make him complete. :ganishka:

Walter said:
Oh, I've already prepared a suitable name for your account once you've been disposed of: TheBannedHawk :void:

I'd prefer BannedOfTheHawk. :carcus:

Rhombaad said:
I voted for :guts: and :griffnotevil:. As Griff said, Griffith is such a good antagonist. He's one of the most well-thought-out, developed baddies ever created.

Do I even need to mention why I chose Guts? :iva:

Phase 2 success. Phase 3: Take down the BIG GUY! :guts:

Ya know, saying Guts is your favorite character is like saying Michael Jordan is your favorite basketball player, it's not so much a personal "favorite" as the obvious consensus. People should consider that when making their choices. We all know Guts is the best character, so let's spread the love around to some quirkier candidates, true personal favorites... even the villain, for example. Crazy, I know! :griffnotevil:

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Griffith said:
C'mon, you guys wouldn't sacrifice everyone here for your ultimate ambition? You'll never get anywhere in life with that attitude. :griffnotevil:
You know, you make a great point. I think I finally understand Griffith now. I would definitely sacrifice each and every one of you guys in a heartbeat if it meant owning my own hot dog stand. :femto:

Wyrm

HEMA
I voted for Guts and Schierke although Schierke is tied with Isidro.
Following Griffiths recommendation, I would change my vote to Schierke and Isidro: i love both characters and the dynamic between them and between each of them and Guts. Also the potential for a source of side plot when Isidro figures out he loves Schierke but she likes Guts. "The Berserk and the Beautiful" arc. :D

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Well I changed my choice! I choose Void and Serpico. I've always been a fan of Serpico since the first time I saw him. And for Void well I dig the mystery of who he is/was before etc... I am starting to like very much Roderick though but he was not in the list so it made my choice easier. :guts:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
Ya know, saying Guts is your favorite character is like saying Michael Jordan is your favorite basketball player, it's not so much a personal "favorite" as the obvious consensus. People should consider that when making their choices.
I omitted him from the last character poll, and I just felt it became a little less interesting. Here, if you don't want to vote for Guts, you can throw your second vote at another character

Related: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAT_BuJAI70

jackson_hurley said:
I am starting to like very much Roderick though but he was not in the list so it made my choice easier. :guts:
Like I said in the OP, if there's someone you genuinely would vote for that's not on the list, ask and I will add them. I chose who I did because I was trying to keep it down to a minimum of the characters that predictably would get votes, hence no Adon (Not that I'm grouping Roderick with Adon...!).

Keep it up, folks! Look at this feud:

Casca: 8 (10.7%)
Griffith: 7 (9.3%)
Skull Knight: 6 (8%)
Zodd: 8 (10.7%)

The great thing about Berserk: There is no wrong answer here.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Walter said:
Like I said in the OP, if there's someone you genuinely would vote for that's not on the list, ask and I will add them. I chose who I did because I was trying to keep it down to a minimum of the characters that predictably would get votes, hence no Adon (Not that I'm grouping Roderick with Adon...!).

Haha no stress man, he's just starting to get me. If he's still there after Elfhelm they're will be a big chance that he moves further up on my favorite character. (And I didn't see the part about asking to add him, so my bad there anyway :slan: )

I went with :guts: and :???:.

It may be obvious, but I love how Guts' character has evolved through time.

Casca is an amazing character to me too. Specially when she could express herself with words. But now this other side of her has allowed us to see another facet, and I find that fascinating.

Can't wait for the future chapters and episodes to see how her relationship with Guts changes and advances too.

So, if the two most popular favorite characters here are :guts: and :casca:, does that make :griffnotevil: the third wheel on the date to the movies? If the said movie happened to be Rated R, does that mean Charlotte couldn't get in? Once again making Griff the 3rd wheel. He just can't win, no wonder he went all :femto: :troll:

I'm seriously wondering now, how fans here perceive the main trio, is it:

Guts, Griffith, Casca?
or
Guts, Casca, Griffith?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Death May Die said:
I'm seriously wondering now, how fans here perceive the main trio, is it:

Guts, Griffith, Casca?
or
Guts, Casca, Griffith?

I don't think, and have never thought, that Berserk could be reduced to a "main trio".

Griffith said:
I guess I make 3 for Griffith, and I'm not surprised by the low turnout for the Griffster. C'mon, you guys wouldn't sacrifice everyone here for your ultimate ambition? You'll never get anywhere in life with that attitude. :griffnotevil:

That makes a lotta sense! It happens all the time in corporate.

By the way, am I the only one who found voting really hard? I picked Skull Knight which was an easy choice but after that, man it was hard. I love a lot of characters on the list - Griffith, Puck, Zodd, Casca, Judo ... it was bloody nerve racking. Zodd's overall enigma and timing in key moments in the story so far is just amazing. Casca I adore because she's such a variable to the group with he antics. If anyone's feeling missed, it's the Moonlight Boy or Gambino haha!

Good poll because it's not very easy to pick just 2. It'll be interesting to see if personal choices change years from today with where the story's at.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
IncantatioN said:
If anyone's feeling missed, it's the Moonlight Boy or Gambino haha!
While creating the entries, I typed out half of Gambino's name, then realized I'm the only person who would pick him--and even I didn't. So didn't add him.

Which reminds me, I never specified why I made the poll. I often peruse Japanese Berserk forums (on 2ch), and they host these kinds of character polls pretty regularly, probably twice to three times a year. The results are always interesting to me. It's neat to see how another culture responds to these characters, and the winners are not always who you'd expect. Schierke tends to win a lot, even over Guts. But the leaderboard often changes as the series is in a different place, or perhaps there's a slightly different pool of readers at the time, etc.

Keep it up!

:casca: 9 (9.7%)
:griffnotevil: 9 (9.7%)
:badbone: 8 (8.6%)
:zodd: 9 (9.7%)
:schierke: 9 (9.7%)

Griffith said:
Ya know, saying Guts is your favorite character is like saying Michael Jordan is your favorite basketball player, it's not so much a personal "favorite" as the obvious consensus. People should consider that when making their choices. We all know Guts is the best character, so let's spread the love around to some quirkier candidates, true personal favorites... even the villain, for example. Crazy, I know! :griffnotevil:

You convinced me! My vote is for Kobe. :troll:

I voted for Guts and Serpico. Guts is pretty much a given and I have a lot of respect for Serpico, particularly as a fighter. But like other people have said, there's so many interesting characters that picking just two is really hard.

Seriously. Its seems impossible for me to choose between Griff and Puck, I´ve went back and forth like a million times now and still cant decide...

Thing is, I saw the anime series first and got really attatched to the Griff-Guts relationship and, well, I REALLY did in the manga too (during the Golden Age, if that needs to be said). And then we´ve got the post-eclipse era, which you´re actually introduced to before the Golden Age, which thus left a bit more of an impression on me as you might say it was the first one -now Im talking about the Guts-Puck dynamic, which is like most epic and unanticipated "team-up" ever.

Perhaps we could make one poll for pre-eclipse and one for post-eclipse, eh :iva:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Hanma_Baki said:
Seriously. Its seems impossible for me to choose between Griff and Puck, I´ve went back and forth like a million times now and still cant decide...
Could just ditch your Guts vote (since he'll win regardless), and choose both of those guys instead.

Perhaps we could make one poll for pre-eclipse and one for post-eclipse, eh :iva:
Naaaaaaaaaah.

Guts is my favorite by far, but I didnt vote for him since well... Sorry pal. :sad:

I went with :femto: because I really like good villains and he is just fucking amazing. Plus I love the dynamic between him Guts, Casca, and the moonlight boy. Its really hard to choose who's my next favorite, :SK:, :zodd:, :puck:, :casca:, such a tough choice, but I think I have to go with :farnese: because her backstory and character arc is fascinating and such an interesting contrast to ole :guts:

:isidro: What!? :griffnotevil: beat out :casca: !? When will it be enough? When will he fill that dark ambition inside of him. First Midland, now the polls. Open your eyes my friends! Don't you see Griffith is a big-huge phony!? :troll:

Phony.png

Since :guts: and :badbone: are in the POLL it is impossible for me not to vote for these two but believe me when I tell that for me every character have his own charm and it is not fair to vote for some and leave the rest.

I can't believe Isidro hasn't gotten a vote yet... I very nearly took him over Ganishka, but I just felt like Ganishka was too cool of a character to give short shrift. Still, I love that little guy, and some of my favorite moments from the series are his interactions with Guts.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
This one goes to 11.
griffnotevil2.png
Wow, our favorite evil, soulless, automaton overlord is making a comeback!

I remember when he was tied with Flora... Such bygone days... :flora:

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Walter said:
I often peruse Japanese Berserk forums (on 2ch), and they host these kinds of character polls pretty regularly, probably twice to three times a year ... Schierke tends to win a lot, even over Guts.
They've got good taste in magicians.
schierkenumberone.gif

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Walter said:
Wow, our favorite evil, soulless, automaton overlord is making a comeback!

I remember when he was tied with Flora... Such bygone days... :flora:

Now that he and Skully are tied, we can can properly say, "These go to 11." :badbone:
griffnotevil2.png

BTW, that's great, Gobs.

Top Bottom