Powers And Limitations Of God Hand

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
I was browsin through the first volumes and as there are many things about god hand that are quite intersting.
The Wings Of Darkness: is it just the title Phemt has or are the wings a symbol of the evil power a god hand has. Slann has something similiar to the wings of phemt, and Void too, even tough he never changes position. Even tough they're spiritual, there are some similarites among them, for they all seem bound by some rules. For one, they're trapped in the spirit world, and my guess is that the fifth member is expandable, as maybe Skully once was, but he rebelled and now he is what we all know. They do like strong folk, as we see when conrad or ubiq wishes gatsu as apart of the team.
And they do confide in the nature of men to exercise the will of idea, it seems. They told the apostles they can do as they please, which is exactly what seems to bring to evil. Apostles however, are usually weaklings in body and mind, with few exceptions, of course. When Wyald dies, we see he's just a cranky old man...who knows what Zodd will look like when he goes, since the all have two bodies. Maybe Griffis transforms into something the likes of phemt...well, that's it..now shoot! ;)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I was browsin through the first volumes and as there are many things about god hand that are quite intersting.
The Wings Of Darkness: is it just the title Phemt has or are the wings a symbol of the evil power a god hand has.

Well...I dont know about it being a symbol of evil, or even the name Femto. However, the name Femto does have a definition in english as a prefix: "a distance across a great span" It is normally used to measure in space. FOr example, a Femtovolt, or a Femtometer even =). This could just be a coincidence, however when you take into account that Idea is called the God of the Abyss, and Void is...well Void. THere is something of a similarity or at least an underlying link in those names. Conrad, Ubik and Slann I know are all either science fiction authors, or titles of Science Fiction novels.

For one, they're trapped in the spirit world
Well...I wouldnt use the word 'trapped'...Its not necessarily a BAD thing to be a part of the Spirit world.

and my guess is that the fifth member is expandable, as maybe Skully once was, but he rebelled and now he is what we all know.
Expendable you mean? Well...I dont know about that.

They do like strong folk, as we see when conrad or ubiq wishes gatsu as apart of the team.
It does seem strange for them to desire Guts, but I dont think it goes any deeper than 'wow thatd be interesting if he were a God Hand, among us'. Thats just my speculation though...You could have a point.
Maybe Griffis transforms into something the likes of phemt...well, that's it..now shoot! ;)
Well...have you seen the cover of volume 21?

What was this post about anyway?

White_Hawk

I wanted to discuss certain aspects of god hand.
Where they all human before?
Are we 100% sure?
Tehy do act like humans that rejected their inner self by sacrifice, but we've also seen that it is possible to make a sacrifice twice. I wonder if griffy ever gets his emotions back will point the finger at.. ???
And YEAAAAHHH!!! just remembered. I think Griffis is/secretly inlove with Caska!!!!
That could explain a lot of things, especially his vision before the eclipse when he imagines himself as a handycap and her as the loving wife, with pipin the dooog....so cute....

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
And YEAAAAHHH!!! just remembered. I think Griffis is/secretly inlove with Caska!!!!
That could explain a lot of things, especially his vision before the eclipse when he imagines himself as a handycap and her as the loving wife, with pipin the dooog....so cute....

oh man, that topic has been shot to death in bsom bbs

i dunno, i took that in a somewhat strange way...
i took it as he had either thought he had been dreaming of the Hawks all along or that's what he wished or thought his life should've been?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
i dunno, i took that in a somewhat strange way...
i took it as he had either thought he had been dreaming of the Hawks all along or that's what he wished or thought his life should've been?
When I first read that scene in the manga I also thought this...what Gaston says at the eclipse was also very confusing upon first glance, however the scene with Griffith's 'happy life' is only there to prove that he HAD to take this path (godhand/femto) in order to achieve TRUE happiness. His life with 'Casca' and 'baby guts' would have been fine and happy, but Griffith would not be content with it. Thats its only purpose, in my opinion.

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
My opinion is a bit different. I saw that scene as a sort of concept similar to "hitting rock bottom" in Fight Club.

It showed that he abandoned his dream of the castle. He lost everything. I felt it was the story's way of showing that he had nothing anymore. He had "hit rock bottom".

Basicly something that Zodd fortold (something like "his ambition will destroy him"? I dunno, feel free to correct me).

If he had any more hope for achieving his dream, maybe he wouldn't have accepted the offer from God Hand. Maybe the only way he could cope with not having his dream, was to have another dream.

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
It showed that he abandoned his dream of the castle. He lost everything. I felt it was the story's way of showing that he had nothing anymore. He had "hit rock bottom".

Exactly my point of view. That was what would happen if he had not become a godhand, living a quiet life as an invalid with a loving and dutiful Casca, even having children with her... but it would not change the fact that he had no dream, that his life was comfortable but empty... and if Griffith had any desire to just be comfortable he never would have got this far... He wanted his dream, his purpose, and in the end he would sacrifice everything for that, including himself and his humanity.

White_Hawk

It 's all about the nature of Griffis's dream it seems,
and wheter the road to the dream won't change it...
or not

Top Bottom