Pre-order of New item: “ZODD: REVELATIONS”(1/10 Scale)

Chiba

Proud owner of a Dragonslayer
Just got it, exactly 102.20 Euros. Bleh. :puck:

Armored_Berserk said:
Wow, that sucks!
AOW will put a lower price, i asked them to put 15000 YEN on it and they did it.

The problem with that is, that the package is then of course only insured with the lower value. So if something breaks you won't get a full refund.

So I received my statue yesterday. The Irvine statue is totally awesome. I'm scared for the bow, though, it's so fragile! Hehe, but I'm really diggin it.

The Zodd statue... well, I like the sculpt a lot, but I'm just not sure about the painting of the skin tone. Now I wish I could see pics of the darker one, to really get a good comparison.

Overall, I'm pretty pleased, but agree that the value on this statue isn't as good as previous releases. If it wasn't for the awesome Irvine statue, I'd feel a bit bitter!

cucu4coco

Who dat?!
Your wish is my command. :ganishka: Nothing special between the 2. For me, the skin looks pink and the cape is brown instead of black.

Edit: Removed pics 'cuz needed space. Sorry.

cucu4coco said:
Your wish is my command. :ganishka: Nothing special between the 2. For me, the skin looks pink and the cape is brown instead of black.

LOL, that first pic looks hilarious, with the flash! Hehe, but thanks for the pics cucu! Man, it's tough to say... I think both versions could have been treated better. I mean, the Zodd Senma was painted MUCH better than both Revelations statues.

i got mine ... paintjob on zodd 2 is way too poor and doesn't compare to the AOW pictures.

its way too pale and the detail isn't as much ... i don't have a blue vein on my left bizeps ... the picture shows a thick blue vein.

Another thing: please stop producing the gold wooden name tag ...

HITReza said:
i got mine ... paintjob on zodd 2 is way too poor and doesn't compare to the AOW pictures.

You know, I've been thinking the same thing. I mean, granted the prototype pictures are always going to be nicer than the mass-produced version they sell, but the difference between the paintjob in the AOW pictures and the actual product is vastly different.

I will send an email to AOW as well. This just doesn't seem right.

DirectDK said:
You know, I've been thinking the same thing. I mean, granted the prototype pictures are always going to be nicer than the mass-produced version they sell, but the difference between the paintjob in the AOW pictures and the actual product is vastly different.

I will send an email to AOW as well. This just doesn't seem right.

yes.

i know a picture doesn't represent a statue 1:1, but the difference here is a lot!
the details simply don't look good/not like the picture respresenting them ...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
HITReza said:
the details simply don't look good/not like the picture respresenting them ...

Well, while their English version is very clumsy, they do indicate that the pictures are from prototypes (which I imagine signifies to them that they aren't contractual).

Anyway, if the paint job was botched then everyone should complain. Disregarding faults will never encourage a business to better itself, and isolated complaints are less likely to be heeded.

My email:

Dear AOW-Team,

Today I received my packet and was very happy to see my ZODD: REVELATIONS Ver. II. Shipping and Packing perfekt as always.
But then i was shocked as i finally had the Zodd in hands.
He is way too pale and the details (like the big blue vein on his left arm) where missing. The statue with his detail doesn't represent the picture on your homepage.
Also the wooden golden name tag shines too strong infront of the statue and i have to say that it looks kind of "cheap".

I admire your work on the past Zodds, like Senma, but i am sorry to say that i am really disappointed on your work with this Zodd.

best regards

as soon as i get a answer i post it right away.
Whats more: anyone who is not pleased with his statue should at least let AOW know it ...

Sorry guys but I can't say that the paint job was botched, maybe because I don't own the "Zodd Senma"

Painting for me seems very good, the skin is a little bit pale yes, but pictures showed it compared with ExI version and AoW pictures were taken in the dark

But I agree with serial number, tag is not as good as the old metal tag, "cheap" effect :puck:

Answer fom AOW:

Thank you for your continued support to ART OF WAR.
First of all, we are awfully sorry you are disappointed with our item ZODD REVELATIONS ver.2

About coloring of Exclusive Ver.2, pale skin is image of Immortal creature. (And Ver 1, We represented Zodd's brutality so his skin is dark red). Both coloring are imagination of original creator of BERSERK, Mr. Kentaro Miura.
When we were making the item, we piled up revise points such as tone of color, dripping line of blood on ZODD’s body, and armors of human to finish the item with best quality. And we have checked all of the item’s detail &condition before release, but we are very sorry that you don’t like quality of the items and also sorry for real statue is look different from image pictures of our website.

And regarding serial number plate, we would like to answer you as follows. From Griffith 1/6 edition, we have started to use wood box. It was sort of our trying test, and we have been satisfied with finished one. As the result, we decided to use wood box at the ZODD REVELATIONS too, and started to use same material at the plate for unification of whole package.
We thought using real gold leaf is not only look gorgeous but also it will become good taste with long days more than metal. But we are sorry again that you don't like the wood plate.
Thank you very much about your precious opinion about our item, and we promise we sincerely will try to reflect your opinion when we develop our future item.

Thank you for your kindest understanding, and when you have any other inquiry please feel free to contact us at any time.

Best Regards,
ART OF WAR
Songe Lee

Whouhoooo, I really REALLY don't understand you guys.
I have the Exclusive II version and I have to say that this statue is just WONDERFUL ! The color choice and the application are the best I've seen so far within Art of War's works.

I mean, just look at the different skin tones on the Exclusive II !
It is much better than the "simple dark brown" application on the Zodd Senma !
And the blood !!!
Again, Zodd Senma seems so poor when putting together.

Sincerely, I really love the skin colors and the tones of this Zodd Exclusive II.
In comparison, Exclusive I looks not that good and quite poor (a unique color for the skin, like Zodd Senma)

383_3.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Keep in mind the painting is done individually for each statue. It could be that some just aren't as good as the others.

@Kenji-kun: Its great that you got a good example of your statue and are happy with it.

But please understand that mine is way paler than yours on the picture.
your picture shows the skin like it should be on the AOW page. Thats nice, but please understand that mine doesn't match the pics at all.

And for me (again i speak only for myself!) the choice of color is not the best within aow works.

HITReza said:
@Kenji-kun: Its great that you got a good example of your statue and are happy with it.

But please understand that mine is way paler than yours on the picture.
your picture shows the skin like it should be on the AOW page. Thats nice, but please understand that mine doesn't match the pics at all.

And for me (again i speak only for myself!) the choice of color is not the best within aow works.

Kenji-kun, actually can you take pictures of yours too? Just a few to see the skin color of your Zodd? Cuz I agree with HITReza, yours doesn't look nearly as pale as mine. I will take a few pics of mine too to show you how pale it is. Keep in mind, I have nothing against pale people. I'm pale as hell. =P But for Zodd to be so pale is really awkward in my opinion. I'll show you what I mean when I snap a few pics.

HITReza, I am really sorry that you have been disapointed with this statue which I personally find gorgeous !
Yeah, I haven't thought to the possibility of slight differences betwin 2 hand painted models.
But I don't think that the differences could be THAT significant.
You & Derek have just the same Exclusive II that I own. Same paints (colors) have been used in Art of War studios, definately the very same. Only the application could change a little.

Sure Derek, I can give you some pictures.
There are plenty of them there :
---> http://www.gamekult.com/blog/kenji-kun/

For comparison :
(compare with Guts Magun's skin and Zodd Senma)

02pc2.jpg

01ev9.jpg

I'd rather say that it is a question of pure personal tastes.
For exemple, I just LOVE the golden wooden plate. Much more prestigious and noble than the metal traditional plastes.

Anyway, if I see your pictures, I wil say exactly if it's indeed different ;)

Aazealh said:
Keep in mind the painting is done individually for each statue. It could be that some just aren't as good as the others.

That is not impossible for me, even art of war is probably used with checking if colors on the statues are exactly the same

For me, this Zodd is paler than the previous human form AoW did, some Kenji pics show Zodd very pale, but somes other pics show the skin tone better (little darker)

Show us your pics guys !

Vulgarity alert! The paint and overall production of Senma is way superior to revelations. Aow needs to step it up, as I paid 500+ for something that looks as if it was painted by a 7 year old in and arts and crafts class!? Sloppy, poor paint tone choice I mean come on. Email sent awaiting response.

chezzrok said:
Vulgarity alert! The paint and overall production of Senma is way superior to revelations. Aow needs to step it up, as I paid 500+ for something that looks as if it was painted by a 7 year old in and arts and crafts class!? Sloppy, poor paint tone choice I mean come on. Email sent awaiting response.

Of course...or not!

HITReza said:
Here i have taken a picture:

Yes, the skin color is paler than the pics before released, I agree with you, but who cares ~, prototypes is sometimes different from the real statue, and I repeat, the pic is taken in the dark

I can see a blue vein on the left arm of your Zodd :)

Be happy dude, this statue is very detailled and very good :)

Top Bottom