Prime 1 launches a Berserk line

Maiku said:
Millions? I highly doubt it.

I can't imagine they produce the full edition size very often if at all.

EDIT: Though I agree the prize is a little weak.

What the hell are you talking about ? When you produce something you cannot just stop production and reduce the ES after you've announced it, it's just not how it goes - and I should know that, I work in this business - .

Yes they do make millions. Just do a fast calculation on let's say a regular batman or transformers they produced and sold...
" A little weak " do you have any Idea of the salary of a sculptor for that kind of job? Because I do, and it's not just a little weak

Theoden said:
What the hell are you talking about ? When you produce something you cannot just stop production and reduce the ES after you've announced it, it's just not how it goes - and I should know that, I work in this business - .

Dude. Just relax. I wasn't attacking you. I didn't even disagree with you about the prize being weak.

I've been in the licensed toy/collectible/gift industry for over 10 years. I've sourced statues. I know the costs involved. I'm not just talking out of my ass here. We can compare resumes if you like.....

It happens all the time. Edition size announced. They get so many orders and then they produce a partial run. You think Prime1 has entered production on Guts? It doesn't ship for a full year! I thought you were in this business??? (I kid I kid :troll:)

I know exactly what professional 3D sculptors make. There are several sitting in the building I'm in right now. Of course the prize for a contest is weak compared to that.

Even if they produced the full runs revenue does not equal profit. Again I wasn't attacking you. Just making a note that you were being a bit extreme.

Maiku said:
Edition size announced. They get so many orders and then they produce a partial run. You think Prime1 has entered production on Guts? It doesn't ship for a full year! I thought you were in this business??? (I kid I kid :troll:)

What I've seen some time, is that the ES remains unannounced / undetermined for the company to take as much preorders as possible. I've also seen a rerun, and If the ES has to be modified it would only go bigger but never smaller...
Prime1 like any other company in the world wouldn't be able to just produce their stuff this fast because there is a number of Chinese factories which isn't unlimited, and they always have a packed schedule.
Besides, the kind of factory which produces Prime1 quality standard is very high, therefore the number of available factories for these productions is even smaller.
That's why Guts production hasn't started yet.

Maiku said:
I know exactly what professional 3D sculptors make. There are several sitting in the building I'm in right now. Of course the prize for a contest is weak compared to that.

Good. Because there is what you said. Add to this point the ability to do what is required, which is more than that, therefore requiring more fee.

Maiku said:
Even if they produced the full runs revenue does not equal profit. Again I wasn't attacking you. Just making a note that you were being a bit extreme.

You're right, and nobody would ever think otherwise. Just take Tsume as an example. 699 euros sold out 3000 es. That's 2 millions. It's only one of their products, and Prime1, even though they've got lower ES generally, is offering much more products than the brand I've quoted.

So when you sell for 2 millions or so, even If 1 million was spent to cover the production costs ( which would never be the case ) there would still be a very huge amount left to make decent contest prizes like $5k for example ( which isn't astronomic ).

Zodd preview in the back. :zodd:
wHFHsKA.jpg

Here is the new pre order for guts!!!
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/berserk-guts-the-black-swordsman-prime-1-studio-902975/
Looks great but the price is ooookkkkkaaayyy
Still ~1k. What you guys think?

Ahmetal

God hand help us
ryosaeba said:
Here is the new pre order for guts!!!
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/berserk-guts-the-black-swordsman-prime-1-studio-902975/
Looks great but the price is ooookkkkkaaayyy
Still ~1k. What you guys think?

This has been up for a while now. In fact there is an exclusive version with a third head sculpt that is currently waitlisted.

Hello nice to meet you all, my name is Bekh, im a sculptor and im in Prime1 Berserk contest , i wanted to share some pictures of it to true berserk fans

Im sculpting 3 different scenes: - The lady of deep water Spirit from Enoch battlefield , invocation pose and museum pose standing before battle, and Schierke sitting with seagulls

767674References.jpg

Here is my concept art for Project 1

140023Conceptart.jpg

317593Tease02.jpg

575332Tease01.jpg

725824Tease03.jpg

She wont stay naked for long, enjoy it now!

hope you will like it
Bekh
:schierke:

Bekh said:
Hello nice to meet you all, my name is Bekh, im a sculptor and im in Prime1 Berserk contest , i wanted to share some pictures of it to true berserk fans

Im sculpting 3 different scenes: - The lady of deep water Spirit from Enoch battlefield , invocation pose and museum pose standing before battle, and Schierke sitting with seagulls

Hello Bekh! Welcome to the forums. Allow me to be the first one to say... your concept art for project 1 looks absolutely stunning! Ridiculously stunning!!! :isidro: :ubik: Schierke is one of my favorite characters and she is so under represented in figure / kit form. But this right here would be an amazing addition to anybody's collection. I am seriously super impressed.

As for your third idea (the seagulls), I've actually been wanting that particular manga panel to be made into statue form for years and years. I've brought it up on this forum many times. There is something so innocent and charming about it. However, one of our fellow sk.net members and crazy talented sculptor, Theoden, has already been working on this pose, and it's nearly done. And it's absolutely perfect. Of course, no one ever said we can't have two of the same pose, but perhaps there could be another pose in mind for your alternative option? Or really... just go with the first because it's seriously gorgeous! :serpico:

Can't wait to see more pics!

Thank you for your kinds words.
I didnt know it was other sculptors around. i d love to see this. Its good that competitors in this contest are true berserk fans.
. Ive already started sculpting the seagull pose case they are not interested by the DeepSea Spirit which is too dynamic compared to their line, they almost produce only museum pose

Bekh said:

767674References.jpg

140023Conceptart.jpg

317593Tease02.jpg

575332Tease01.jpg

725824Tease03.jpg

She wont stay naked for long, enjoy it now!

hope you will like it
Bekh
:schierke:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW that is amazing!! Composition, the likeness, everything

Bekh said:
The lady of deep water Spirit from Enoch battlefield , invocation pose and museum pose standing before battle

140023Conceptart.jpg

This is one of my favorite panels and I'm truly astonished with the concept art. You will be getting my money someday. Truly amazing.

Wow! Bekh! The new shots look fantastic. You've added more movement to the pose than the manga originally has, which I can appreciate as an artistic liberty in this case. Also, the texture of the cloth is very detailed, as well as her shoes. You've made Schierke a bit more womanly than the manga as well, but I think the result makes this very special and unique. I'm definitely on board, and I can't imagine Prime1 being any happier when they see this. It's fantastic!

Hooray! A figure of everyone's favorite baby witch! I'd buy it no matter what just to show my support for the character, but I think she looks way too erotic. Especially because the panel from the manga is right above for comparison and there's clearly no figure showing at all. We've already got a sexy, naked blue lady behind her, Schierke doesn't also need to look like a wet T-shirt contest just happened.

Haha you are both right, is a bit sexy , i should have sculpted the scene on the boat when she falls off on guts bed naked :p . :iva: :slan:
i made her a bit more adult than what she actually is ,the Master artwork is more stiff i and tried to make a kind of chamanic dance to invocate the spirit, it give more movement to the sculpture and interesting in many views. I try to detail a lot things because details will in the contest, part of the final critic

Here is a colored version of my sculpt of the face
969283BEKHschierkefacetest02.jpg

You can see other angles of the face sculpt here:
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/RORJE

Bekh said:

Truly beautiful, Bekh! I can't be any more pleased.

Your work is really something, man. You can consider me a fan! You have my total support!

Bekh said:
969283BEKHschierkefacetest02.jpg

Wow...I have never seen a more perfect 3D rendition of Schierke's appearance since the ps2 game models. Phenomenal job, I'm looking forward to how it all looks in the end! You are so incredibly talented :ubik:

thank you all for your encouragement it boost me
Léon-Solide your profil pricture of astral schierke calming guts was my first idea for this piece but the prime1 contest was to make shierke her own scene

Bekh said:
Léon-Solide your profil pricture of astral schierke calming guts was my first idea for this piece but the prime1 contest was to make Schierke her own scene

^ Agreed. This is also a panel I wish to be re-created into statue form one day! The figma of this pretty cool, but of course, not quite the same as a full fledge statue diorama.

Top Bottom