Prime 1 launches a Berserk line

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The Beast of Darkness said:
Or maybe they are simply unable to sculpt Guts face correctly ? It's not accurate and doesn't look like his face in the manga.
The same goes for their Zodd head sculpt.

Yeah, basically. Zodd is pretty bad in particular.

I don't think so personally more the "they don't want to" theory. There are other lines where the face is spot on like from games. I guess they got a 3D model from the developers and the new berserk anime was also made with CGI and so it makes sense that they also get one from them, it's the easiest way but not that Manga accurate too but at least miura gave his ok lol.

For me at this price I expect almost the perfect accuracy :guts:
Zodd is an easy pass for me, Berserker too, I will try to find both of them GK from Headlong even if they are pretty rare now ;)

Maybe Zodd Apostle could interest me... But I'm pretty disappointed based on what Prime 1 make by the past I was hoping better statue :(

maybe some of you new already, this was posted month ago on FB from Kelvin Loke:

"More photos of the awesome Berserks Guts which P1 has the privilege to work closely with the creator himself, Kentaro Miura.

Kentaro valuable inputs to make this not just a statue of Guts but a painting in 3D of Kentaro's ever evolving art style.

The impressive base captures the life of Guts as a demon slayer such as the Wolf of Darkness which follows him and the ghosts that hunts him.

Kentaro has given his seal of approval to the final design and look that was showcased in wonderfest.

Ps the paint job on the prototype shown is not final."

@dadoo69: Good luck bro. Yesterday I saw one painted Berserk Armor Guts that went for 750 Euro (auction). Maybe you'll find an unpainted KIT for about 300 and let it paint. Zodd isn't that expensive... For me they now too overprized for what you get. Of course, the accuracy is good but for me not worth the Money... Would be perfect if they would do a rerelease but I think this won't be happen!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
iguana said:
maybe some of you new already, this was posted month ago on FB from Kelvin Loke:

"More photos of the awesome Berserks Guts which P1 has the privilege to work closely with the creator himself, Kentaro Miura.

Kentaro valuable inputs to make this not just a statue of Guts but a painting in 3D of Kentaro's ever evolving art style.

The impressive base captures the life of Guts as a demon slayer such as the Wolf of Darkness which follows him and the ghosts that hunts him.

Kentaro has given his seal of approval to the final design and look that was showcased in wonderfest.

Ps the paint job on the prototype shown is not final."

Uh huh, yeah I'm sure what's-his-name is on a first name basis with Miura. I get that you're posting this to back your argument that the statue is an accurate depiction, but I wouldn't make too much of that statement. I'm pretty sure Miura has to greenlight all Berserk merchandise.

By the way, it's called the "Beast of Darkness". It's not a wolf (and it doesn't "follow" Guts either).

Aazealh said:
Uh huh, yeah I'm sure what's-his-name is on a first name basis with Miura. I get that you're posting this to back your argument that the statue is an accurate depiction, but I wouldn't make too much of that statement. I'm pretty sure Miura has to greenlight all Berserk merchandise.

By the way, it's called the "Beast of Darkness". It's not a wolf (and it doesn't "follow" Guts either).

nope I don't want to back it, I just want to show that they worked together. In how far nobody knows. But I don't think Miura greenlight every shitty Berserk stuff. BTW Kelvin Loke is not from P1, he just plug for them on FB and is in a deeper connection to them than any of us so I would not wonder too much that he didn't know exaclty what the "beast" is cause he is not too deep into Berserk. But common it just could be a wolf or maybe a mixture of wolf and fox hahaha. But Kelvin is a nice guy and I don't think that he just come up with this comment and it's not true. No one of us has really proof of it except Miura would say it on his own so everyone can of course decide if he'll believe it or not.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
iguana said:
But I don't think Miura greenlight every shitty Berserk stuff.

I see no reason why this one would be an exception. Besides, other companies have also said that Miura greenlit their product in the past.

iguana said:
BTW Kelvin Loke is not from P1, he just plug for them on FB and is in a deeper connection to them than any of us so I would not wonder too much that he didn't know exaclty what the "beast" is cause he is not too deep into Berserk.

Yeah I figured. I just find the combination of bragging and ignorance funny.

iguana said:
But common it just could be a wolf or maybe a mixture of wolf and fox hahaha.

Nah, not really. It's not a real creature, hence the name.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
iguana said:
haha it's ok, it's your opinion :guts:

No, it's a fact that the Beast of Darkness isn't a wolf nor a fox. It's also a fact that other companies have said before that Miura greenlit their products.

@sovel: Because of the size I think not but SK have to be!

Heres a post from Kelvin on fb today. I just post it. Everyone can think of it what he wants:

"J wants to be clear that for most anime/ manga like berserk, fist of the North Star etc, the version or look of the characters for the statue is requested by the creators themselves. The characters' look may change over time but most of the creators prefer to make statues based on the current look. It is not decided by Prime1 which version to make. J has to fulfill the wishes of the creators."

Prime 1 released information for their Guts Berserker Armor statue with size, price and pictures. Cursory glance reveals the sword's proportions being a bit off like the handle, overall length and width by the base + taper effect.

Link to view pictures + preorder - https://www.prime1studio.co.jp/berserk-guts-berserker-armor-upmbr-04ex.html

From Prime 1's FB page

"Anger...Fury...They draw out the armor's power. But... you must never yield everything to them. Make your volition... your pivot of power."
Prime 1 Studio is proud to present UPMBR-04: Guts, Berserker Armor from Berserk (Manga). Guts also known as The Black Swordsman is the main protagonist of Berserk. The Berserker Armor is a suit of highly durable armor forged by dwarves. Wearers of the armor are appropriately named Berserkers. This armor imbued with a violent od purposed for drawing out and manifesting its wearer’s negative emotions. It is eventually entrusted to Guts after Flora’s spirit tree mansion is invaded by apostles of Griffith’s reborn Band of the Hawk. This Ultimate Premium Masterline Berserk series brings to life the popular Japanese dark fantasy comics/manga and crafted with attention to details and true to the original design of the character. The Berserker Armor statue stands at an impressive 37 inches tall with his Dragonslayer sword on the shoulder. This is the ultimate piece for all Berserk fans.
Statue features:
- Size approx. 37 inches tall with the sword on the shoulder [(H)95cm (W)57cm (D)52cm]
- Size approx. 30 inches tall with the sword down [(H)75cm (W)57cm (D)44cm]
- One (1) alternate Exclusive portrait (In Exclusive version only)
Retail Price:
- Regular version: $949 US
- Exclusive version: $999 US
Edition Size:
- Regular version: 1000
- Exclusive version: 500
Prototype samples shown.
Product details could be subjected to change without further notice.

You can also preorder from sideshow's website: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/berserk-guts-berserker-armor-prime-1-studio-9031871/

The shipping charges on the prime1 site is $364 for US residents. Sideshow should be decently cheaper. I preordered from them, as well as the two other Berserk statues too.

I do agree about the sword proportions. I do like the sword option of facing down though, because it's unique and also hides the proportions more. Also, I want to say I like the normal head more than the exclusive head but I'll have to see it in person to really judge.

And in regards to the gigantic Zodd Apostle, it's technically supposed to be 1/5 scale, which is slightly smaller than the rest of their Berserk line (1/4th). I don't mind though, because it will still look gigantic, and probably the largest Berserk statue ever made. I'm worried about the price though...

And lastly, for anyone that cares, they've also teased WIP pictures of Slan, Femto, and Skullknight on horse. All 1/4. The SK on horse is gonna rock.

have the black swordsman on pre-order, but sadly i think i am going to pass on the berserker. there is just one too many details off about it for me justify dropping another 1k+, not to mention the considerable amount of space to display/store it, which after collecting for 10+ years have become a precious scarcity for me.

gonna save my money/space for the hokuto no ken kenshiro prime 1 teased right before wonderfest summer. :)

wenjamin said:
have the black swordsman on pre-order, but sadly i think i am going to pass on the berserker. there is just one too many details off about it for me justify dropping another 1k+, not to mention the considerable amount of space to display/store it, which after collecting for 10+ years have become a precious scarcity for me.

gonna save my money/space for the hokuto no ken kenshiro prime 1 teased right before wonderfest summer. :)

I totally hear you Wen. But I collect so few statues these days I don't mind a nice treat once in awhile......I'm not as detail oriented as most of you, I consider that a blessing hah. I actually really like the Berserker armor in almost any form as you know. :wink:

Theres two new Videos of Guts TBS and Zodd Human Form on P1's Youtube Channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGb9Da_WQyo&t=2s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8rzFuZgsHg

Zurth

ベルセルク
Here's their video for Berserker Armor as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PBfFeq-SIE&feature=share

Zurth

ベルセルク
Sorry for the double post, but my previous one was directly correlating with the one above it and this one is gonna be completely detached from those two.

I wanted to share some amazing recent images for Guts, Zodd and Berserker Armor. Most of these images are from recent comic cons.

Personal highlights: image nr. 1 / 5 (best highlight of minute details in P1 statues) / 7 (best image by far) / 10 / 12 / 14.

lvlV9oo.jpg

1yg8MwL.jpg

sBDoQZQ.jpg

CuMTfML.jpg

Mskj9f9.jpg

sRFRHCF.jpg

WkXxxeT.jpg

jwmAh8C.jpg

7gv0u7s.jpg

RrsNsAR.jpg

zezf8Ah.jpg

o0l8k70.jpg

v44Svwl.jpg

S1r19l2.jpg

Hope anyone other than me enjoy these, I guess some of you will and some others will dislike it. Either way, enjoy some pieces of art. :slan:

Yes, thanks for sharing those pictures.
Now we can have a closer look at how they've fucked up Guts headsculpts (he looks real ugly) and Zodd face. But I imagine that's P1 "realistic" touch...
They don't understand (or care) that people wants something accurate to the original material, and not their own take on the characters.
And we're talking about statues that cost more than $1000...

"...that people wants something accurate to the original material".

Many people think it's accurate, so do I. Of course it's not a 100 % manga look and yes there is a personal touch to it but that's all I need. Just one piece is 21421221x better than the shitty looking art of war line which looks as sculpted right out of Femto's ass. But some in here are the opinion it's more accurate then the P1 line or the F4F's one, oh yeah. They are Fans of Berserk from day 1 but think it's accurate, really? The only company that really tried to be accurate besides P1 and F4F is Headlong IMO, they are definitely better than AoW but also they are just a few and most of them are just in 1/8++.

If you'll take the Black Swordsman of P1, Yes it's not the face which Guts has in the BS arc. But the face defenitely reminds me of later Arcs we see. https://imgur.com/a/e3GWY

Zurth

ベルセルク
MiyamotoPuck said:
I do! It really looks amazing, the size and the level of detail are impressive. Thanks for sharing these pictures. ;)

Nice to hear, and no problems of course.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, thanks for sharing those pictures.

No problems ma..

Now we can have a closer look at how they've fucked up Guts headsculpts and Zodd face.

Oh. :sad:

[...] They don't understand (or care) that people wants something accurate to the original material, and not their own take on the characters.

I mean.. Shouldn't they create what they want to do? You're not forced to buy it, and if you want a more exact transition from 2D to 3D then you could always go with First4figures, GECCO, Art of War, Headlong, Max Factory, probably Tsume once they start pumping out some pieces or numerous unlicensed products. Saying that something is ugly is perfectly fine mate, more power to you (maybe a bit rude to people who actually like it, but you're not obligated to cater to our feelings), but don't speak for the majority of the fan- / customer base as if your opinion reflects theirs. In the end Black Swordsman Guts has sold very well and their Berserker flew off their shelves. :iva: Don't know how well Zodd has done so far, but obviously not as good as the other two.

But I imagine that's P1 "realistic" touch...

Yeah, you said it best yourself, and what is wrong with that?

@Zurth: I also made the experience in the past that some members in here have a very radical opinion of accuracy, I think you could explain them in the smoothest way what P1 intention is for their pieces and they even would not understand (or just don't want to). It's ok to have his own opinion but IMO it hasn't to be this way...

Top Bottom