Prime 1 launches a Berserk line

Zurth

ベルセルク
I noticed that a good few recent teasers have not been posted here, so here you go!

Femto.
aPQM9HN.jpg

1X7Hfs0.jpg

Slan.
Nf1nlZO.jpg
QzHGJjQl.jpg

Zodd, physical print (potentially going to be LED's in his eyes).
JGrfzze.jpg
dHu2o96.jpg

iguana said:
"...that people wants something accurate to the original material".

Many people think it's accurate, so do I. Of course it's not a 100 % manga look and yes there is a personal touch to it but that's all I need. Just one piece is 21421221x better than the shitty looking art of war line which looks as sculpted right out of Femto's ass. But some in here are the opinion it's more accurate then the P1 line or the F4F's one, oh yeah. They are Fans of Berserk from day 1 but think it's accurate, really? The only company that really tried to be accurate besides P1 and F4F is Headlong IMO, they are definitely better than AoW but also they are just a few and most of them are just in 1/8++.

I'm talking about the people (me included) who are complaining since many years about Art of War sculpts and their accuracy.
Now we are seeing the results with Prime 1 and there are still some problems of accuracy.
But many people think it's accurate and it's ok, so what should I had ?
Headlong (he is a sculptor, not a company) did some better sculpts with his hands 12 years ago than Prime 1 did with their 3D sculpts recently.

iguana said:
If you'll take the Black Swordsman of P1, Yes it's not the face which Guts has in the BS arc. But the face defenitely reminds me of later Arcs we see. https://imgur.com/a/e3GWY

If you say so...

Zurth said:
I mean.. Shouldn't they create what they want to do? You're not forced to buy it, and if you want a more exact transition from 2D to 3D then you could always go with First4figures, GECCO, Art of War, Headlong, Max Factory, probably Tsume once they start pumping out some pieces or numerous unlicensed products. Saying that something is ugly is perfectly fine mate, more power to you (maybe a bit rude to people who actually like it, but you're not obligated to cater to our feelings), but don't speak for the majority of the fan- / customer base as if your opinion reflects theirs. In the end Black Swordsman Guts has sold very well and their Berserker flew off their shelves. :iva: Don't know how well Zodd has done so far, but obviously not as good as the other two.

Sure, they can release what they want. I'm just saying that I'm not pleased with what I'm seeing, if you're happy with their works, good for you.
I know I won't spend money on something that is not accurate.

The Beast of Darkness said:
I'm talking about the people (me included) who are complaining since many years about Art of War sculpts and their accuracy.
Now we are seeing the results with Prime 1 and there are still some problems of accuracy.
But many people think it's accurate and it's ok, so what should I had ?
Headlong (he is a sculptor, not a company) did some better sculpts with his hands 12 years ago than Prime 1 did with their 3D sculpts recently.

I didn't know headlong is just one sculptor (or a group), thanks for the clarification. I came to Berserk just about 2 years ago, not since day one and IMO it's awesome that Berserk gets so much hype now and other companies also do good stuff. I would never say P1 is 100 % Manga accurate cause they aren't but IMO it's harsh to say they look like shit. As for AoW IMO you can say it cause some aren't accurate and they also look realy ugly, only a few I would say are ok (sculpt,accuracy,paint ...). I'm far away from being a Fanboy, I hate if someone tries to run another one down just because he loves his own company etc. So it's ok to say "I don't like it, it's not accurate" but IMO you can say it without to badmouth the whole statue.

Edit: this is just an in general post, not against you. There is so much hate lately about who's the better company etc (especially the P1 Vs F4F case), it's just tiring. We should be all glad that we got so much stuff lately.

Ended up ordering the P1 Berserker Armor statue today. I couldn't resist after losing out on the AOW Berserker Armor and pirate ship statue. The scale of the statue, plus Direct UK's video from August clinched it for me.

I will probably end up getting the exclusive version of the F4F Black Swordsman with souls base.

Unless they come out with a kick ass Rakshas figure, that should finish off my Berserk Guts collection: 1.) Guts on horseback from golden age, 2.) Black Swordsman and 3.) Berserker Armor.

Dr Majin said:
Ended up ordering the P1 Berserker Armor statue today. I couldn't resist after losing out on the AOW Berserker Armor and pirate ship statue. The scale of the statue, plus Direct UK's video from August clinched it for me.

I will probably end up getting the exclusive version of the F4F Black Swordsman with souls base.

Unless they come out with a kick ass Rakshas figure, that should finish off my Berserk Guts collection: 1.) Guts on horseback from golden age, 2.) Black Swordsman and 3.) Berserker Armor.

awesome congrats, he will be stunning!

Zurth

ベルセルク
MiyamotoPuck said:
Is Femto taller than Griffith?

Yeah, by quite a bit at that. :isidro: Guess his dream body didn't only have longer and more luscious locks and even more so refined facial features, but also a closer proximity to the stratosphere by a good few inches.

Looks like Griffith is up for preorder:

https://www.prime1studio.com/berserk-griffith-the-falcon-of-light-upmbr-05ex.html

I myself will wait for Sideshow Collectibles due to shipping fees.

Or Sideshow:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/berserk-griffith-the-falcon-of-light-prime-1-studio-9033101/#&gid=1&pid=12

Few more of Zodd and Slan:

7DgqElz.jpg

L7fz6ux.jpg

aZ8RZ09.jpg

I agree, the face of Zodd is way more anime than manga. It takes a bit getting used to, but overall the statue is quite impressive. The LED eyes are a nice touch, and I appreciate the added pillar collapsing. I can't imagine how the wings will look.

Slan is pretty sexy, but I think they could have been a bit more inventive with the pose. Of course, excited to have a 1/4 of her though, so I can't complain! Ubik... way way too similar to AOW's God Hand set. The pole better go. P1 should be able to think of more creative ways to display Ubik than that!

Can't wait to see more. I guess SK won't be making his debut at this convention. =(

Zurth

ベルセルク
Some more tasty pics from Prime1's showing at Wonderfest Winter 2018, mostly close ups and a few different angles! :troll:

Hope you wanna see more pics. :casca:

Ubik...
tQBpXr8.jpg

Zodd...
eBRyIMV.jpg

Zodd... full frontal nudity.
RiXA2Xd.jpg

Slan... Lovely plume gurl.
sZc0ojX.jpg

Slan... Another... angle. :slan:
RiNVaKh.jpg

Femto...
URGdZ86.jpg

Prime1studio's affiliates and representatives repeatedly told us to lower our expectations on how much new stuff would be shown at WFW 2018, since they brought their A-game to Tokyo Comicon just back in december. Let's just say that this didn't apply to P1's Berserk fans lol! Gonna be interesting to see what goes up on PO next, probably Femto but after that it's a crapshoot.

Zurth

ベルセルク
Maiku said:
How big is Zodd?

No official numbers yet, but he's looking somewhere around 32" tall and 34" wide (~80x85 cm), as a reference: Guts is ~29" to the top of his head, and Zerker / Human Zodd is ~36"..

In other words.. BIG A/F!! :zodd:

8AaQlrrl.jpg

nCz9OmXl.jpg

EDIT: I was looking for this image when I replied but didn't find it, here it is anyway. You can see that Zodd is somewhere between Guts' head (~29", ~73 cm) and the tip of his sword (36", 90 cm).

pU3c7yWl.jpg

Zodd looks huge, but not liking the face or the overall texture. I feel the the relatively tiny AoW Zodd's were better in many ways. I'm sure he looks more impressive in person, just my initial thoughts seeing the pictures.

Zurth

ベルセルク
I threw together a (really) quick comparison on different Zodd faces including P1's statue.

Hardly think you guys need any clarification, but the panels are, in the order as viewed:
[list type=decimal]
[*]Berserk -97
[*]Golden Age movie trilogy
[*]Berserk 2016/17
[*]Volyme 5 - First encounter in the manga
[*]Prime1studio's Zodd statue
[*]Volume 26 - Duel with Skull Knight outside Flora's mansion
[/list]

tbGm9eGl.jpg

bruhaha69 said:
I feel the the relatively tiny AoW Zodd's were better in many ways.

This Art of War statue? Think they have 2-3 pretty good ones of Zodd.

aS2Dr6cl.jpg

Yeah, I've always felt the old Art of War transformed Zodd's have had pretty decent faces. Not quite sure what it is about the Prime1 that's off to me, though. Maybe the top of the nose/width compared to the width of the lips above the teeth? Can't quite put my finger on it. I definitely wish the fur texture was a bit more defined but that might just be getting washed out with the bright lights. The price
will probably be a good enough reason to pass on it, haha.

Dr.Legato

Art of War Supporter
20160719_0c9e10.jpg

This is how Zodd is supposed to look like IMO.
Really Impressed with the Human Zodd face tho.

The bases of P1 set me off, I really dislike them, so very ''cluttered'', especially the Guts statues.
P1's Guts looks ugly to me, even though AoW isn't perfekt, they still did a great job on some of their statues.
20160614_f5c5f2.jpg

Top Bottom