PS3 successor "Orbis"

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
tama chan said:
Watching it now. The technology is impressive but I'm not sold on how they seem to be focusing soley on social networking and having a multi tasked system by design. I know this is what other companies are doing this generation and maybe I'm in the minority but I'm fine with my video game console just being a video game console. I can see the potential and convenience for many gamers, but I'm starting to get the feeling the direction consoles are taking just isn't for me.

Cross-play caught my attention for the sime fact that as a father/student/full-time worker, is something that I could use in my small spare time. That being said, yes I am aware that having to buy a Vita is part of it, so I'll go ahead and wait for a good game that pushes me to make that purchase.

I think the conference met some of the expectations. Granted, most of these features were already spoiled. I could give 2 shits about sharing, but I am happy that they decided to focus on a better social system. I enjoy playing with my friends, so there's that to look forward to.

As far as specs? Meh. I think it's common sense to not expect a huge leap from 3. But I am glad to see that it is a much more easier task for developers compared to PS3. Though we still know nothing of XBOX, so far I was pleased with this new console. Let's hope Sony learned it's mistakes in the past and delivers a nice cycle.

And speaking of cycles... I was also glad to read about Ueda's update on The Last Guardian. Yes. I lost complete hope to see this game, but I part of me felt glad to had recieved SOME acknowledgment. Here's hoping for the game release at the end of the PS4 cycle :griffnotevil:.

Nomad said:
And speaking of cycles... I was also glad to read about Ueda's update on The Last Guardian. Yes. I lost complete hope to see this game, but I part of me felt glad to had recieved SOME acknowledgment. Here's hoping for the game release at the end of the PS4 cycle :griffnotevil:.

Yea I've been looking forward to that game. I really enjoyed Shadow of Colossus and Ico so I have faith it will turn out decent.

Top Bottom