Puck Set II (4/15 pre order) Pics are up.

JIN

Yudanero...
Well AoW has finally gotten around to providing us some pics of the 2nd Puck sets. Go to AoW site for details...but if your kinda lazy like me then just look here..
PH1113530357.JPG

Happy Collecting

Thanks for the heads up JIN! Been waiting for the preorder to open up on this one. I can never get enough Puck =P.

Placed an order just 5 minutes ago. Yippee!!!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Ordered the exclusive version this morning. It's nice, but the dimensions don't fit the price IMHO... And what's up with the "you get one for 2000円, but a set of two for 5000円!" bullshit Art of War? A green Puck isn't worth 1.5 times the price of a normal one in my book. Sometimes it feels like they don't even attempt to hide the fact that they're trying to rip off the fans at any cost. Stamp "exclusive" on any item and it's a good enough excuse to double the price.

Here's a direct link to the item on AOW's site.

Aazealh said:
Ordered the exclusive version this morning. It's nice, but the dimensions don't fit the price IMHO... And what's up with the "you get one for 2000円, but a set of two for 5000円!" bullshit Art of War? A green Puck isn't worth 1.5 times the price of a normal one in my book. Sometimes it feels like they don't even attempt to hide the fact that they're trying to rip off the fans at any cost. Stamp "exclusive" on any item and it's a good enough excuse to double the price.

Haha, well you mean fans like me? ::)

Hehe. I guess, seeing as how when I was collecting some of those older exclusive statues (like the Guts - Black Swordsman: Episode of Birth Feast Exclusive, or the Skullknight - Silver Exclusive), I had to pay way more than double retail.... So now that I'm only paying 5,000 yen for these 2 Pucks, it's like a blessing!

Speaking of ordering statues from the AoW site, you do guys HAVE to know japaense in order to read the order forums, credit card input, ect? I wouldnt mind to at least have ONE real AoW statue.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Un_Colombiano said:
Speaking of ordering statues from the AoW site, you do guys HAVE to know japaense in order to read the order forums, credit card input, ect?

Check that link.

There's an English version of the site that's perfectly understandable, and they don't take credit cards, only international bank remittance.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
IF ONLY I HAD $50!!!! DAMN IT >:(

Oh, I could get just one for $20... someone want to order the normal one and put it aside for me in the hopes of me paying you back? :p

Could just be economics of scale. (they make alot fewer of the repaint hence it costs them alot more to make each unit)

Aazealh said:

Here's a direct link to the item on AOW's site.

OK nice, all in english! Also, is the BERSERK part of their site lists ALL of the statues they have done? Thanks in advance!

EDIT: also, is there some site to check the dollar to yen ratio? I think like 10,000 yen is like 65-70$

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Un_Colombiano said:
Also, is the BERSERK part of their site lists ALL of the statues they have done?

I think that a few (i.e. not many) things are missing. I'll let DirectDK or JIN answer more thoroughly, but various miscellaneous products aren't listed (some could have been released my Movic alone, I'm not sure). I don't see the famous Green Zodd listed though ;).

Un_Colombiano said:
EDIT: also, is there some site to check the dollar to yen ratio?

Seriously, don't you think you could find one of the numerous sites that do this yourself, using Google for example? Anyway, here you go.

Un_Colombiano said:
OK nice, all in english! Also, is the BERSERK part of their site lists ALL of the statues they have done? Thanks in advance!

Nope, it doens't list ALL of them (like the Troll and Wyald). You can try checking out *ahem* this site: http://www.berserkstatues.com if you want to see more statues as well as different variants and exclusive versions that exist.

In terms of Young Animal Exclusives, Art of War made several statues (mostly busts) that aren't on my site (they will be eventually, I just need to take pictures of all 'em)

1. Griffith Bust (white)
2. Griffith Bust (black)
3. Guts Bust (bronze)
4. Guts Bust (marble)
5. Casca Bust (white)
6. Casca Bust (bronze)
7. Puck (white)
8. Puck (green)
9. Green Behelit (life size)
10. Red Behelit (life size)
11. Berserk Square Plaque

There are probably a few more, but I'm drawing a blank. JIN, what do you have to add?

EDIT: also, is there some site to check the dollar to yen ratio? I think like 10,000 yen is like 65-70$
It's more like $90-100.

JIN

Yudanero...
DirectDK said:
In terms of Young Animal Exclusives, Art of War made several statues (mostly busts) that aren't on my site (they will be eventually, I just need to take pictures of all 'em)

There are probably a few more, but I'm drawing a blank.  JIN, what do you have to add?
Hmm, well if its just AoW I think the only YA special event items missing are the Zoddo Bust Paperweights (Black & Brown). If one really wanted to stretch it you could include the YA Guts/Casca (Red/White) Wine bottles. They are a nice set.   ;)
Aazealh said:
I don't see the famous Green Zodd listed though ;).
#31) Nosferatu Vert  http://www.art-of-war.co.jp/items/detail.php?gid=98

Top Bottom