Ratner's X-men 3 first look

They've got two scripts for the Wolverine movie. They are working on a third. They'll pick the best one, pick the director, and get started. I think they want to get started by the end of the year.

CnC

Ad Oculos
from all I've heard of Avi Arad I'm sure he'll milk every possible angle he can out of this and any other marvel franchise.

Entropy said:
My only complain about the Xmen movies is that they turned Cyclops in to a weak pansy.

He is a weak pansy. I think Juggernaut looks like total shit. I had hopes until I saw the preview. I've also heard it was weak from people who have seen it. Big surprise when they get the guy who did Rush Hour to direct.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Just got back from seeing it a second time tonight, and I have to say that I enjoyed watching it much more than I did the first time I saw it. Probably the fact that I knew certain things were resolved at the end of the movie (and the credits) helped make it more enjoyable. Ah well. Not the greatest movie, but in the end, I don't think it was all that bad. (I'm so indecisive...).

I saw it tonight, it wasn't too bad, I was expecting it to be worse on account of all all the bad reviews i kept hearing, but it was OK. I agree with alot of people that they tried way too hard in putting too much into it, by the end it didn't really have a solid narrative at all. No need to state the obvious, but yeah definitely doesn't live up to the other two.

I expected a bit better from the directer who made Red Dragon, then again he did the Rush Hour movies as well, so such a fantastic movie must've been a bit of a fluke.

I'm not sure if this has been brought up, but did people wait around for the part at the end of the credits?

dwarfkicker said:
They've got two scripts for the Wolverine movie.  They are working on a third.  They'll pick the best one, pick the director, and get started.  I think they want to get started by the end of the year.

Yeah, It's apparently quite common for potential movies to go through more than 3 different major script changes, wouldn't be surprised if there was more.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Sparnage said:
I saw it tonight, it wasn't too bad, I was expecting it to be worse on account of all all the bad reviews i kept hearing, but it was OK. I agree with alot of people that they tried way too hard in putting too much into it, by the end it didn't really have a solid narrative at all. No need to state the obvious, but yeah definitely doesn't live up to the other two.

Funny, I saw X2 on TV right after I saw it, and man, what a difference on the side by side comparison. It's really the little things like some basic human conversation dialogue that make a difference and add a little depth (and Brian Cox carries the whole movie, just grounds it in reality). Also, the Phoenix angle was totally different in 2 (remember the actual Phoenix at the end? where'd that go?), too bad they didn't wait for Singer and vice versa, he had gotten into a groove with the series with 2 and seemed to have good handle on it.

Sparnage said:
I expected a bit better from the directer who made Red Dragon, then again he did the Rush Hour movies as well, so such a fantastic movie must've been a bit of a fluke.

Not exactly, I still think he didn't do a very good job and it's a dissapointment, relatively; it happens to contain like 7 top tier actors though so it still feels as if it should be good. But think about this, it stars Anthony Hopkins, Edward Norton, Ralph Fiennes (badly miscast), Harvey Keitel, Emily Watson, Philip Seymour Hoffman, AND Bill Duke! For having that kind of star power and acting chops and a good story, was it really up to par? And if you subtract all those actors, what are you left with? Probably not much, since Manhunter is still arguably the better movie (Brian Cox again =). Even Norton felt like a letdown, kinda like Hugh Jackman in X3; Ratner must inspire performances like George Lucas. Anyway, while it may not be a bad flick, I still think Ratner did as little with it as possible, perhaps so as not to totally botch it (still, on the flip side, Silence of the Lambs swept the Academy Awards). It's like, no matter how fine the ingredients, the guy just can't cook.

On that note, I liken X3 to a bad omelette. =)

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Thanks for the warning guys, I think this'll be a rental.

As for X3 vs FFVII, while I haven't seen X3 I can say FFVII had some of the best eye candy I've ever seen.  When neither movie has much of a plot, it all comes down to how many flashing lights and high speed sword battles you can cram in.

Edit: So Griffith will stop making fun of me when I'm tired :judo:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Vaxillus said:
As for X3 vs FFVI, while I haven't seen X3 I can say FFVI had some of the best eye candy I've ever seen.

256px-Final_Fantasy_VI_Final_Kefka.png

Agreed, FFVI still has the best looking eye candy ever!​

Top Bottom