Realistic Guts: The Black Swordsman

Colored and did some post-production work to one of my favorite pieces of Berserk fan-art out there. The original is a black & white piece by David Müller. However, I wanted to try my hand at making Guts even more realistic by removing brush strokes whilst preserving the original art, and adding a Berserk logo on top to make it look more like a promotional piece.

For fun, I've also ordered a framed print of the art to see how it will look next to all my Berserk collectibles.

dcz2mjx-208c3d5a-e636-4ba3-b0b4-ed3fada8ec68.png

It's also over on my DeviantArt, here: https://www.deviantart.com/pixelsbecrazy/art/The-Black-Swordsman-Colored-784503213
And here is the original: https://www.deviantart.com/kopfstoff/art/The-Black-Swordsman-622688923

I'm thinking of trying my hand at his Griffith as well, to have the pair, of course.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Photorealistic Guts: The Black Swordsman

I wouldn't call it photorealistic but it looks great. Good job!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Photorealistic Guts: The Black Swordsman

Looks fantastic. The minimal presentation with the logo also really works in its favor. :ubik:

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Wonderful work, Yummy! I think you really built on the original without taking anything away from it. I like how you worked in some spots of yellow and pink, it definitely helps it feel more fleshed out. :guts:

This enhances the more washed out aesthetic of the original piece, making everything pop nicely. As far as shading and color palette goes I think you've done an amazing job.

Thanks for all the feedback!! :iva: I actually ordered a print of it to see how it turns out. I'll share for sure when that comes in.

Username has been taken said:
Are you thinking of doing this to David Muller's Griffith drawing?

Yes! I'm definitely thinking he needs a companion piece. I'm always a fan of series work when it comes to art. A lot of my own artwork I try to do in series form. Griffith will be what I tackle next when I can.

Top Bottom