Regarding the recent server problems

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone,

As you noticed the site was down for a short period of time yesterday and this morning. This was due to a minor accident at our former hosting location and to nothing else. However, former SK.net owner Walter Bennet, tired with the administrative side of things, has decided to take some vacations for a while, away from the material concerns of the world. He won't be around for some time, and has transferred ownership of the website to myself. My first decision was to move the servers in order to better watch over them. As we are no longer hosted on US soil, some of our American members may feel a bit more lag than they did in the past when accessing pages, but it's for the best in many other ways that I'm sure wouldn't interest anyone.

Walter has asked me to tell you all that he's doing fine and is currently abroad, visiting a great country that doesn't have extradition laws. That being said I have absolutely no knowledge of his whereabouts and he and I aren't related in any way, shape or form.

PS: All future references to this event are of course prohibited.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Where did Walter go? Is he alright?

He's briefly visited Eastern Cuba at the request of some friends but apparently he didn't like it very much. Now he's sort of moving around, you know, never always in one place very long. But enough with that subject. I'm sure he'll come by and post to say hello one of these days.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
xfool said:
whats with the site being blocked for cyber crime?

No such thing has happened, you must have been confused by the error message that was displaying while the server was down.

Wait, what?

This is all a bit fishy... Is this just some really bad April Fool's joke? The cyber crime frontpage wasn't too funny though...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
BLG said:
Wait, what?

This is all a bit fishy... Is this just some really bad April Fool's joke? The cyber crime frontpage wasn't too funny though...

Nothing special, just a transfer of rights and ownership that coincidentally coincided with minor server problems. I'm not aware of any illegal activities or crimes commited by anyone on or off this website, and if you do I heartily recommend you to inform the competent authorities as soon as possible.

Please consider this unimportant event as not having happened and erase it from your minds, thank you.

EDIT: Actually YES it was a joke of course hahahaha, but like I said Walter has still gone in vacations somewhere so he's not going to be around but that's Ok because no one on this website knew him personally and no one has any relation to him at all, I want to insist on that point.

You a-holes had me fooled with your April Fool's Prank

I was like, "what the hell" and after that, "noooooooo!"

It took me some time to figure it out.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Regarding the recent server problems

ironman said:
I was like, "what the hell" and after that, "noooooooo!"

It took me some time to figure it out.

Yeah, rest assured there are no problems at all and nothing happened involving US or international laws.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
At cybercafe. No time to be eloquent. I will explain as succinctly as I can.

In 2009 a crack admin was sent to prison by federal agents for a crime he didn’t commit.
He promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Cuban underground.
Today, still wanted by the government, he survives as a soldier of fortune.
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him ... maybe you can hire WALTER.

At some point in the future, any SKnet member may be approached by federal agents. I must humbly request that you tell them nothing. They do not have our best interests at heart. They would see SKnet buried. Likewise, at some point in the future, you may receive a letter in your mailbox with no address on it. It will let you know the specifics, but I will be requisitioning members' computers in an effort to check SKnet incognito.

Wish me luck. Until we meet again...

I haven't been on the site for a year or so and couldn't wait to come back! I visit SK.net and the freaking site was down, FBI? haha I was so frustrated and needed answers until I realised it was the 1st of April :ganishka: You can be so evil Aazealh!

Top Bottom