Resident Evil 5

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
This discussion was getting off topic, but I will ask you Nightcrawler if you are going to try RE5? Even though you know it's going to play a lot like RE4. Other than that everyone else said what I was going to, and there were open spaces in RE4 but they were usually filled with enemies such as the part in which you first meet the merchant and have to get to that locked gate. You never got to the part when you're dropped into the cage with ganado priests with archers and a garrador, you had to creep or shotgun blast the locks on the door to get out then deal with the enemies.... That is a damn good game and your missing out.

NightCrawler said:
:ganishka: :ganishka: :ganishka:
I should quote this on my sig.

You can go right ahead, but I don't think anyone would notice any of your sigs with He-man skeeting everywhere.

Is anyone thinking of playing RE5's coop?

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Guts' intestines said:
Is anyone thinking of playing RE5's coop?

This is the main reason I'll be buying the game 1st day rather than saving money and buying it used. If anyone is picking this up for Ps3 you can count on your boy Handsome to be your top gun and favorite partner. I promise I won't steal all your items and leave! :guts:

Really now? Well, I just ran through the demo a few minutes ago. It was pretty neat. I'll admit, not being able to move while shooting frustrated me a tad. :mozgus:
It is something to look at though, can't wait to see how the final product turns out.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Proj2501 said:
Really now? Well, I just ran through the demo a few minutes ago. It was pretty neat. I'll admit, not being able to move while shooting frustrated me a tad. :mozgus:

Yeah, after going through Dead Space it's hard to go back. Hopefully it'll have changed in the final version of the game.

I decided after finding out that
Jill's dies,
I will no longer keep tabs on the RE5 other than its due date. So many past RE games I have read up on I could to point of release. Content, pictures, spoilers and everything. But I'm not going to do it with RE5. I remember when the RE Cod Veronica game out, and I rushed out bought a dreamcast, had no idea what CV was going to be like and ended up I was very pleased. I want RE5 to be the same way. I was very surprised with RE4, because I had kept track of it very closely every step of the way through production and it still had a lot of surprises. I think the first month I had it I went through it 6 or 7 times. My "Game Completion" time kept downing down, further and further. I had down pretty low by the time I had stopped, too bad I can't recall. Its still really hard for me to complete RE2 Scenario B's in under 2 hours to get the hidden characters. I remember buy RE2 eventually on the 64 (the dreamcast version is the best btw) and I found out you could "type" in the codes to unlock hunk and tofu, I wasn't too happy about that. Any how I just had to vent.

Well, I'll weigh in on the whole
Jill being dead
scenario, she isn't. Capcom doesn't have the balls to kill off a character who's starred in the original and had center stage in RE3. Think I'm wrong? Think Wesker. He was skewered by the first Tyrant, then magically whisked back into the series. Who really has died in the Resident Evil franchise?
Well, he did. Cuz he's black obviously.
resevil2_screen001.jpg

Barry is still hanging around somewhere, so is Rebecca, Carlos, Ada can take a licking and keep on ticking, Steve is...idk, Wesker's boy-toy somewhere on Uptonogood Island.
And what about this character?
929197_20080820_screen008.jpg

It's so predictably Jill it's not even funny. I'm sure she had to fake her death to accommodate whatever weak ass plot twist the crazed sugar addict child who writes all plots for the Resident Evil franchise has come up with this time.

But yes, I'll buy the game the moment it comes out and be glued helplessly to the couch.

In other related Resident Evil news, I had the opportunity (thanks to Netflix) to watch RE: Degeneration today.
Wow.
Don't waste your time. There are moments where it's painful to watch. The characters in Resident Evil 4's in-game cutscenes...hell, in RE 3's in-game cutscenes showed more emotion than in Dengeneration.

Seriously. TOFU showed more emotion.

There's nothing to the flick. This could've been an outing for Capcom to answer some questions, clean up or at the very least organize it's sloppy storyline. But no...they don't, why would they? If you haven't seen it yet...keep it that way.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Proj2501 said:
In other related Resident Evil news, I had the opportunity (thanks to Netflix) to watch RE: Degeneration today.
Wow.
Don't waste your time. There are moments where it's painful to watch. The characters in Resident Evil 4's in-game cutscenes...hell, in RE 3's in-game cutscenes showed more emotion than in Dengeneration.

Seriously. TOFU showed more emotion.

There's nothing to the flick. This could've been an outing for Capcom to answer some questions, clean up or at the very least organize it's sloppy storyline. But no...they don't, why would they? If you haven't seen it yet...keep it that way.

Why am I not surprised?

Oburi

All praise Grail
Lol i enjoyed your post Proj :guts:

I also saw RE: Degeneration. It sucked...of course. Proj is totally right, the movie is so bland and boring it is painful to watch. I did watch it in english though, i wonder if i watched it in raw japanese if i would have gotten more out of it. The american voices were terrible, especially Leon.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Aazealh said:
Why am I not surprised?

Griffith said:
this just looks like a glorified FMV, another mediocre computer animated copout (and from what I've seen, I actually prefer the visual style of RE5).
Aazealh said:
Degeneration doesn't look all that good either to be honest...

:SK:

Because our bad movie radars really couldn't fail us on this one. Seriously, can you bet on this stuff like sports? You must, or I just came up with a new outlet of gambling.

You know, there are questions if the girl in the...test tube may infact be jill. A lot of people are pointing to Sherry. I have no idea at this point, nor do I really care. The game is nearly here.

resi5girlscreenshotlargnf2.jpg

Another question, is if the caped duede/chick is jill why is she hanging out with this guy?

hgghjg_2.jpg

Other questions is I've heard, chris in the game saves the caped chick once or twice, as if doesn't know who she is. So maybe chris is unware that it might be jill.

Also, I hear the guy above and the cape person are connected to the same purpose or reasoning in the game. A relationship of sorts I guess. I don't know, I can't back it up, however a hunch tells me these ideas came out of magizines and interviews with people who helped with production. IDK, I just want to play it. I trying to get used to the controls on the DEMO. I really liked RE4's controls, but even if I switch the control type, it seems...screwy. Oh well. The Demo has been really fun.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
I seriously don't know what to say about the game. Granted it's only a demo, but it felt empty. I was surrounded quite a lot, but I didn't feel the rush at all. It was more of a *shoot-NEXT!-shoot* ordeal. As far as the story goes, I'm not a fan of Capcom's revival techniques, but I guess I'm used to it. The one thing I did like was the motion fluency and speed. Feels like you have a better grasp on the character in tight situations. Nomad gives it a 3 of 5 on the demo. Let's just hope our dear Chris & Co. will be able to move as they aim in the final product.

Oh and I saw an Xbox Live video with someone confirming that you will indeed be able to move while shooting, for all you "Gears of War players"

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Aazealh said:
I read that the PS3 demo is 943 MB. Almost twice bigger than on X360 for the same content... Weird.

All PS3 games seem to have a larger number on data space than XBOX. 360 games go from 6-9 G's, same game but on PS3 goes from 10-20 G's on average titles. I myself keep asking the same question.

Top Bottom