Review/Informations - PS2 Berserk game

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
Re: BERSERK for PS2

if your a hardcore Berserk fan, then yes. You dont need to know japanese, lots of people have translated the menues and speech and put it online so you can just print it off and read it. Plus I Hear it follows the storyline very closely so if you've already read the manga you'll know just whats happening during the cutscenes.

I hear its fun, and if I had the money I know I would get it. I think you should if your really a heavy-duty fan.

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask

IsolatioN said:
if your a hardcore Berserk fan, then yes.

Actually, it's so good people not even remotely familiar with the manga usually enjoy it. On another note, this thread is fated to be moved to the appropriate section... :carcus:

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing

Oltobaz said:
Actually, it's so good people not even remotely familiar with the manga usually enjoy it. On another note, this thread is fated to be moved to the appropriate section... :carcus:

true, very true! I should of said "if your a berserk fan OR enjoy great action/hack n slash games, then you should get it". ;)

its worth it, there are alot of unlockables + cutscenes you can watch over and over. There isnt Eng subs, but its easy to follow.

the best part has gotta be when you max out all your stats and go on rage mode :)

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask

IsolatioN said:
true, very true! I should of said "if your a berserk fan OR enjoy great action/hack n slash games, then you should get it". ;)

Well, browsing your previous post I understand you didn't play it yet, I hope you'll get to try it soon, you'll love it!! :serpico:

Z

Zodd the Immortal

Can I get the URL for the translation site isolatioN? Thanks to everyone who posted.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Zodd the Immortal said:
So before I spend $80+ on the game and the do-hickey to play japan imports, I need to know more about BERSERK: Millennium Falcon.

Then you should search for all the old threads on the topic and read them as well as the countless answers this question already got, instead of posting just to ask about it. And in case you'd still want to post, it's better to reply in the appropriate place instead of making a new thread. I'm merging this for all these reasons. Anyway and to make it short: if you're a Berserk fan then you can buy the game without worry, it's not the best thing ever but it has some great parts.

Rhombaad said:
If I'm not mistaken, I believe that's actually the Korean trailer for the game.

Yes it is.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!

Rhombaad said:
If I'm not mistaken, I believe that's actually the Korean trailer for the game.  Still worth watching though. :guts:

Its also the opening animation for the game if I'm not mistaken. By opening I mean before the title screen comes up. After you start the game it shows Grif and the Band of the Hawk, Grif using the Behelit, etc.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

handsome rakshas said:
Its also the opening animation for the game if I'm not mistaken. By opening I mean before the title screen comes up.

In essence it's the same thing, but that video is the original Korean trailer from ruliweb.com that I first posted here 2 years ago.

On a side note Google video became accessible in France today, in the past 4 hours (it didn't work and now it does). Nobody cares but I felt like writing down history in the making or something like that.

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
What a coincidence that this topic just came up. I finally got the game which is unfortunately back at my home while I'm away at college. I'll be heading back over President's Day weekend (this weekend) so I'll have a chance to play it. That's assuming my solderless mod chip doesn't crash my PS2. I'll give a report from a non-Berserk-obsessive-collector, not that there's anything wrong with being one.

As for buying a mod chip, with the PS3 on the horizon it's only so long before import companies start trying to liquidate there stock of import games. Basically, lots of really cheap games that people like me can't understand. Don't believe me? I just got Drakengard 2 for about $20, and since it's coming out in english, I can just find the text easily online. Of course, you can also get great games before they hit the states, at a slightly inflated price of course.

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
I can't get enough of that trailer! I don't know why but I absolutely love it. I really enjoy the song.

Man I'd love to play it, but I'm too lazy to buy and install a modchip. Looks great though imo!

(also I know the game takes place during the post-eclipse part of the manga, but in the trailer there is a part showing Casca and other hawk members.. is it a flashback or something?

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
Wereallmad said:
It's a Pretty mediocre devil may cry clone. If you have the manga, you have all the game has to offer and more.

Not to start an argument over this, and you're certainly entitled to your opinion.
But I couldn't disagree more, these two games not having that much in common anyways, even in terms of sheer gameplay. Berserk is a rad game, and is certainly worth playing. :miura:

Vaxillus

I have to agree with Oltobaz, especially since the new game uses a combat system derived from the dreamcast game, which came before DMC. Now Legacy of Kain: Defiance was a DMC ripoff, but Berserk has nothing in common other than being an action game for the PS2.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
IsolatioN said:
in the trailer there is a part showing Casca and other hawk members.. is it a flashback or something?

1) It's the "original story" part of the game.
2) There are 11 pages to this thread, among these lies the answer to your question.

Vaxillus said:
I have to agree with Oltobaz, especially since the new game uses a combat system derived from the dreamcast game, which came before DMC.

Yeah, and the DC game came out shortly before Shenmue so technically it's the modern QTE pioneer. Long live the Berserk cause. :beast:

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Maybe calling it a DMC clone wasn't all that accurate, but I definately think it was mediocre. I was much more satisfied with the dreamcast game, despite its flaws. I never played the US release though, so I don't know if they fixed any of the things I found irritating about the DC version.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Ramen4ever said:
Any hint to a 3rd game? or some sort of follow through? :judo:
or is the door to that idea pretty closed for now? :judo:
If there were info on another Berserk game, there'd be a thread about it :badbone:

Vaxillus

Considdering the relative success of this game, I'd expect another one. Unfortunately, I'm not willing to for over the $500 or so for the new system to play it on. Still, maybe it'll come out on the Nintendo system. Anyway, let's not go any further on this, let's leave it to be the topic of a different thread. :void:

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
I was just looking around and I couldn't find it, but does anyone have the english lyrics to the song in the korean trailer handsome rakshas posted? thanks!

Top Bottom