Review/Informations - PS2 Berserk game

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
dwarfkicker said:
0%? That's odd. I would think 100% would be the thing.
100% is a reference to how many monsters are in the level.

After you've beaten a level, you can go back to it, at which point a percentage meter is displayed. To get a level down to 0% you have to kill what seems like several thousand monsters, though I've never counted.
 
Thanks for the clarification, Wereallmad . And thanks for the response, Aazealh.

What additional game modes are there and how are they unlocked? 

What additional outfits (berserk armor) are there and how are they unlocked?
 

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
As far as I know, you can't choose your costume.

These are determined by what part of the game you are playing.

SlimJ87D said:
How do you beat Slan?
For part one, attack her wings while dodging or counterattacking her tendrils. Once you attack her wings enough, she will lower them. Then you can attack her directly.

For part 2, keep attacking the ogres (or 'ogles' ::)) untill you get a special triangle attack, once you do, use them on the wings that slan is using offensively (in other words, not the ones she is sheilding herself with). Eventually they will fall, and you can attack her directly.

Either way, be careful when up close, she is a sucubus, so she can drain your life to replenish her own.
 

SlimJ87D

Apollo
Wereallmad said:
For part one, attack her wings while dodging or counterattacking her tendrils. Once you attack her wings enough, she will lower them.  Then you can attack her directly.

For part 2, keep attacking the ogres (or 'ogles' ::)) untill you get a special triangle attack, once you do, use them on the wings that slan is using offensively (in other words, not the ones she is sheilding herself with). Eventually they will fall, and you can attack her directly.

Either way, be careful when up close, she is a sucubus, so she can drain your life to replenish her own.
Thank you very much, I just gave up right before the wings opened, thats why, it seemed unbeatable, was abotu to die to see if that works =/
 
As far as I know, you canot choose your costume.

These are determined by what part of the game you are playing.
What about in the trailers when you see Guts in the berserk armor slaughtering the snow monsters? That looked like the 100 animal murder mode.
 

nir085

Horse and Armor
Psymont 2.0 said:
who has played this game so far besides me here?
$/円= :'(

I'm hoping to get it for Christmas, assuming it is in stock at that time, but until then, me (and a lot of other people, I'm sure) have college and money that we need to spend on other things besides ps2 games. Not a good excuse, I know, but that's the simple truth. Other, more fortunate, people may still be waiting for the game to arrive (it is an import, you know).

But anyways...
Looking at a cheaper scale: how is the music in the game outside of the glorified trailer song? Is the OST worth the price (with shipping)?
 

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Psymont 2.0 said:
who has played this game so far besides me here?
Me.

nir085 said:
Looking at a cheaper scale: how is the music in the game outside of the glorified trailer song? Is the OST worth the price (with shipping)?
The music, aside from the title opening theme, is pure shit. It sounds like they ran it through a normalizer one too many times or something. It's just 'muddy' sounding, and from what I can tell, it wasn't exactly phenominal in the first place.

Oh, the closing theme is pretty much the same as the opening theme as well, so there is another musical dissapointment.
 

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
Wereallmad said:
The music, aside from the title opening theme, is pure shit. It sounds like they ran it through a normalizer one too many times or something. It's just 'muddy' sounding, and from what I can tell, it wasn't exactly phenominal in the first place.
Yeah, I was disappointed with the music, too. I got my copy yesterday and I'm only on level 3 and already bored with the music. Especially with the boss music. Even that's low key and meandering; doesn't really get my blood pumping to fight the bosses.

It would've been nice if the bgm was at least as good as the non-Hirasawa composed stuff from the last game.
 

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
TheSkyTraveller said:
Yeah, I was disappointed with the music, too. I got my copy yesterday and I'm only on level 3 and already bored with the music. Especially with the boss music. Even that's low key and meandering; doesn't really get my blood pumping to fight the bosses.

It would've been nice if the bgm was at least as good as the non-Hirasawa composed stuff from the last game.
It's a real shame. When you get to the last boss and the opening theme plays in the background, you realise the game would be twice as good, even if they just shoved in some looping versions of the tracks from the anime and old game. I suspect, however, that the problems with the music are only half caused by lousy compositions. I am fairly sure that there was something wrong with their equalizing software. All the highs and lows are really drowned out.

My other complaints about that game is you have to backtrack sometimes. I really don't like backtracking in an adventure game.

Oh, also some of the VAs seemed really bored or something. Guts, the hawks, Gurun-whatever and Griffith's VA seemed to give decent performances, but I really didn't care for the rest. Isidoro had to have been the worst, barring those of the npcs in the village - one girl you save from trolls gave such a deadpan "mooom" that I almost threw up laughing.
 
got all the weapons besides the puck needles...

which weapon was the hardest to get in your opinion?

i thought the one stage where you have no energy and you are fighting trolls with crossbows was a bitch til i figured out that if you keep one of them alive and run to the other side of the screen he cant hit you with the bolts and the little trolls will follow faster... once the big one arrived, i just jetted over to the other side again... pain in the ass though
 
I've got a question...

Do you need a special PS2 to play Berserk??? Or any PS2 (like, let's say, english...) are fine? I've just read something about it (that you need a japenese PS2...), so I am not sure...

Thanks for anyone who can answer this!
 

Beherit

Ich Lust, Du Lust
You need a Japanese region or a modded PS2. I've heard that there are some problems playing the game with a modified system, though.

And a I have a question. About how long would it take for something to ship from Japan to Rhode Island? ;o
 
okay, questions for those that have been playing it...

ive got level3 for everything, some say max and some just say level3... one of the loading screens showed level4, so how do i get level4?

also on the stage select screen under the percentage there is a 3/7 or 2/4 or etc... are they for those weird hidden creatures?(probably)

EXPERIENCE!
here is a great way to get experience that i figured out...

at the beginning of stage three there is a save spot... just a couple of steps away five trees will pop out... trolls are worth 5, big trolls are worth 100 but trees are worth 300 each... there are 3 instant deaths: cannon, bombs and the branded move... if you pump up your bombs first you will be able to throw three at once... aim this well and you can take out all five trees at once... thats 1500 experience!... keep dropping bombs and what not here and cha ching... eventually they will stop coming out, thats when you go over to the save spot and save... when you come out of the save screen the stage has reset and there are plenty more trees...
 

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
I'm thinking that you must find the red weird hidden creature thing to upgrade the ones stuck at 3, based on the loading screen showing the red one, but I'm not certain, for I haven't yet found one of them. ;D
 

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
The red creatures (sprrigans?), can only be found on the second run throuigh a stage. Each one either gives you a massive amount of experience, or allows you to upgrade a specific attribute past it's current maxi.
 
Top Bottom