Review/Informations - PS2 Berserk game

E

ELEKTROFUNK

The berserk game didn't work out for me with swapmagic /cd loader not even with the cogloader exploit, maybe it was my ps2s version who know :S. Anyhow I was able to get my ps2 chiped and its all good now . The Boss fights are just great, and the overall gameplay is fun even tho sometimes the game might get monotonous because of the excesive hacking and slashing plus since I don't know Japanese I am quiet lost in the extra parts that Miura added to the game in between parts of the manga. But overall the game is great I enjoy playing it even Tho I have not been able to play it as much as I wanted to because of stupid work..

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I posted a quick and rough summary of what happens with Charles, in case you're interested (previous page of this thread). As for the Swap Magic 3.0/CDLoader 7.0 exploit to boot the game, it should work, it's weird.

ELEKTROFUNK said:
The berserk game didn't work out for me with swapmagic /cd loader not even with the cogloader exploit, maybe it was my ps2s version who know :S. Anyhow I was able to get my ps2 chiped and its all good now . The Boss fights are just great, and the overall gameplay is fun even tho sometimes the game might get monotonous because of the excesive hacking and slashing plus since I don't know Japanese I am quiet lost in the extra parts that Miura added to the game in between parts of the manga. But overall the game is great I enjoy playing it even Tho I have not been able to play it as much as I wanted to because of stupid work..

Ok I know this is a "review/Info" thread about the game but I cant help but help people with the loading problem cuz I wnat everyone to enjoy this kick ass game.

First you start out with SwapMagic (Latest CD version not the DVD version)
When it boot use your slide card to swap out for CDloader7
Hit X then it will prompt you to swap again.
This time hit the EJECT button (Do not use the slide card for this step) and insert the Swapmagic DVD version
Hit X Until it says "Swap disk using EA method" Depending on your version the verbage might be different
Once you are propted to swap using EA method. Use the slide card to swap out for the Game. Hit X and it should load up.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
You can download it, it's really not hard to find, so please do a google search. If you need more info, send PMs.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Since some were wondering about it, and since there hasn't been any picture of it yet, here's the fabled 12th weapon of the game: Puck's Bloody Needle.

Took some quick pictures of my TV screen so don't expect good quality.

BN.jpg

BN01.jpg

BN02.jpg

BN03.jpg

BN04.jpg

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
Aazealh said:
Since some were wondering about it, and since there hasn't been any picture of it yet, here's the fabled 12th weapon of the game: Puck's Bloody Needle.

Took some quick pictures of my TV screen so don't expect good quality.

Cool, thanks. I don't think I'd have the patience to try for that...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Psymont 2.0 said:
that is truly amazing... you found the time to do the 0%

Well...

Psymont 2.0 said:
played it to death...

;D

And I only got the game last week (damn that cheap shipping)... Had over 500.000 experience with all the skills when I finished btw.

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
Just beat the game last night, in expert mode. Have to get all these hidden swords...What a cool game, I found the gameplay to be kinda unique, meaning all these counter and brand moves you can trigger...it may be an old fashioned beat them all, which is rad, but it also adds some
neat elements on its own. And I really dig that story rc with Charles. When they enter Schierke's house, I almost expected Puck to play around with a mandragoran like in the manga, but... Anyways, you gotta love Skully's steely voice...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Psymont 2.0 said:
i have had some problems finding the little red bastards... i am missing two... one on the zombie stage and one in the forest of trolls

Really? Found them all pretty easily, but then again I scanned every inch of the maps and I had time since I was cleaning everything so... On the Undead level, one is hidden behind some barrels in front of an abandoned house (you'll find it in a dead end, west of the stage if I remember well).

As for the one in the forest of trolls, do you mean the second stage of Chapter 5, after the Qliphoth, or the forest in stage 3, before getting to the Enoch village? If it's that one, well, I don't remember, but by looking in the usual "bothering-to-go-to-nothing-to-see-there-corners" you should be able to find it.

Did anyone else have a lot of trouble with Slan (in her troll-intestine form)?

i'm currently stuck at that point right now.. not sure what to do to damage her.

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
To beat Slan
You just attack her wings, watch out for the tentacles, and when ogres are around attack them to get your death blow, then use the death blow on the wings furthest from Slan to deactivate her sheild.  Also if stuck in her special attack you can use your cannon to blast her for good damage. ;D

Top Bottom