Review/Informations - PS2 Berserk game

For all of you out there, playing the game on a US Playstation, did you use a magic slide (swap magic)?

Because, right now, I'm trying to do it, but so far, I can only use my magic slide to make backups games playable... So, for an imported game (like, let's say, Berserk ;)), do you need something else? Or is the magic slide enough.

Thanks for the help!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
lordedward said:
For all of you out there, playing the game on a US Playstation, did you use a magic slide (swap magic)?

Because, right now, I'm trying to do it, but so far, I can only use my magic slide to make backups games playable... So, for an imported game (like, let's say, Berserk ;)), do you need something else? Or is the magic slide enough.

Berserk won't work with only Swap Magic 3.0, you'll need CDLoader 7.0 to boot it. It was explained earlier in this thread, please check it out.

DosU2Death said:
This time hit the EJECT button (Do not use the slide card for this step) and insert the Swapmagic DVD version
Hit X Until it says "Swap disk using EA method"  Depending on your version the verbage might be different
Once you are propted to swap using EA method.  Use the slide card to swap out for the Game.  Hit X and it should load up.

I've questions!!!= ) I plan to dl swapmagic and cd loader, BUT I've no slide card... Is it a must that you have a slide card? ALso, do I need both cd version and dvd version of swap magic?

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
yancank00k said:
I've questions!!!= ) I plan to dl swapmagic and cd loader, BUT I've no slide card... Is it a must that you have a slide card?
Do you have a flip top?if you do this can be used instead.
If not you would then need to dismantle the ps2, voiding your warranty without the slidecard to do the swap trick.
yancank00k said:
ALso, do I need both cd version and dvd version of swap magic?
Yes you would need both versions, but I'm afraid the downloaded versions of swap magic do not boot. ;D
You would then need the initial swapdisc used to be able to boot. ;D
But in the end it is always easier to just get your ps2 modded, and import the game.  No hassles, and for faster loading use hd loader. ;)

yancank00k said:
I've questions!!!= ) I plan to dl swapmagic and cd loader, BUT I've no slide card... Is it a must that you have a slide card? ALso, do I need both cd version and dvd version of swap magic?

The slide card is needed unless u have a modded ps2 or a flip top.

The slide card is really easy to make if you dont alrady have one. Just go down to starbucks and grab one of those little credit cards they have lying around and cut out the shape.

I'll make a template in a jpg file and post it as soon as I have time.

How do you play Berserk with Swap Magic?

Hey, I was just wonderin' if someone could help me out with Berserk. I have a version 2 PS2, and I have Swap Magic 3.0. I just need to know the ;D EXACT DETAILS ;D on what I can do to make the game work without modding my PS2, please!! :) I know there are other strings that comment on this but they all just explain small parts of it. Thanx!

PS: Berserk rules!!!

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
Re: How do you play Berserk with Swap Magic?

;D<------Click Smiley for info.
Couple posts down has even more info aswell.

???<-----Click this one if you want to know if what questions were once asked.

Thanks, but I tried downloading Cd Loader 7 and burning it to cd, and when I try to swapping Swap Magic cd to Cd7, it doesn't work. The borders on the outside of the screen start flashing red and blue.

Help this poor, Berserkless soul!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Spaniard said:
Thanks, but I tried downloading Cd Loader 7 and burning it to cd, and when I try to swapping Swap Magic cd to Cd7, it doesn't work. The borders on the outside of the screen start flashing red and blue.

Well, Swap Magic 3.0 should be able to load CDLoader 7.0 without any problem; do you have an official Swap magic CD? If not, it may come from that.

For technical problems such as these, I recommend you to go to PS2 Mod dedicated boards, I doubt anybody here would be able to tell you more than what was already said.

The game is out in full in Japan but does anyone no when or if it will come to the US?  Personally I doubt it in this age of "Janet Jackson traumatized my children for life!"  If it is relesed money says it will be edited pretty badly.  If anyone is commited enough they could probably make a mod that translates everything.  As I said I am sceptical non-Japanese speaking people of the world will ever get to see translated.  However for the sake of my friend who said "If it doesn't come I am gonna %@!#%&* slit my rists!"  I gotta ask.  Thanks in advance. ;)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Alucard said:
The game is out in full in Japan but does anyone no when or if it will come to the US?

You didn't read this thread, did you? There's no release planned in the US for now.

Alucard said:
If anyone is commited enough they could probably make a mod that translates everything.

Or they could buy the Japanese version and play it.

Alucard said:
As I said I am sceptical non-Japanese speaking people of the world will ever get to see translated.

Korean people did get the game translated, at the same time as Japanese people. They even got a nice poster.

My bad.  I now nothing has been scheduled but things change.  It is out now and maybe it could be translated here.  I said I was a sceptic I just wanted to see if things changed.  Always good to check.  Gomenasai!  :-[

EDIT:
Charles has a grudge against Guts because he entered his house, and disrupted the nice little illusionary world he had created.

[...]

I hope the quick n' dirty summary helps.

Thanks alot.  Now that I read the whole thread I am curious to know if anyone is willing to donate their time to do a complete summary.  Thanks.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Alucard said:
Thanks alot.  Now that I read the whole thread I am curious to know if anyone is willing to donate their time to do a complete summary.  Thanks.

You're welcome :). As for a complete summary, I should get around to make one, but I've been a bit busy these days.

Berserk is in my hand

I got Berserk for the PS2 and its great, but every game has its faults.

One thing in the game I didnt like was Guts hip movement(serious).It like the The Bouncers, his hips are like the only thing moving.

Two the combo system.I liked the Dreamcast one, you had to mix up the buttons to make a great combo,but in the PS2 one square were the combos are at.

Three the battles/boss fights. Theres a lot of cut and stuff going on that takes you out of a fight and makes you watch a cut scene and go back to the fight and watch a cut scene and back to a fight etc...

The Good

In this game you can grab a enemy and do a attack on them( the acttacks a different and cool!!!).

The Berserk mode. Berserk mode is soo cool, he's like 10x faster and he's attacking every thing like a mad man.If your at the end and have no other escape go berserk :eek:.

The arm cannon is sweet, the fire looks gorgeous.To me the arm cannon and bombs the only item I like

Boss battles are fun as Hell, if you like fighting Zodd on the Dreamcast version you'll this one, I just wish it was longer, a lot longer.

Pepos

The Beast has just been unleashed!
Adding to the end of the last post, fighting Zodd, particularly in the 100 animal murder section, with all the countering, reversals, sword bashing, countering counters,dash canceling and just plainly swinging had to be one of the most entertaining battles of any hack and slash, hell any action game I've ever played, ever.

Just as in the manga, Guts vs Zodd = EPITOME OF AWESOME

ghadrack

Not a llama or your momma!
I need a little guidance please :)

I am in chapter 2, and I have come to a section of the map that I can't figure out how to pass. There is a gate with a glowing green outline that I am sure is supposed to open for me when I complete some task, I have gone on a loop to the right and cleared out a camp of bad guys that was glowing then stopped once I cleared it, then I went to the right and cleared out another camp, there were some interactions between puck and Isidoro (sp) but I can't get through the gate in the middle.

I haven't had much luck finding a walkthrough on the net, so I thought I would bug you guys :p. There was a poster on the gamefaqs message board that said that if you don't clear the camps and walk by the gate in the right order the game gets stuck and you have to start over, did any of you have this experience?

Any ideas?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Master of the Obvious said:
I am in chapter 2, and I have come to a section of the map that I can't figure out how to pass.

There are 5 camps you should clean before the gate opens. Make sure you've checked all of the map before going there.

I haven't had much luck finding a walkthrough on the net, so I thought I would bug you guys :p.

If you'd read this very thread before posting, you would have found a walkthrough.

There was a poster on the gamefaqs message board that said that if you don't clear the camps and walk by the gate in the right order the game gets stuck and you have to start over, did any of you have this experience?

It happened to Lithrael, she had to start over.

ghadrack

Not a llama or your momma!
Thanks for the reply,

I read the entire thread before asking, but I was hesitant to follow the link blind (at work :p) I will check it out later. Even helpful posts sometimes lead to the dreaded pron site that could get me shi7canned.

I have circled the entire map up to the gate several times, no new camps seem to be populating when I pass back through cleared areas. I will scope out the walkthrough and run the loops and dead ends again. so long as I don't have to start over the time and XP is always useful.

Thanks again ;D

berserkanimefan

I'm a llama!
Berserk for ps2

After defeating the Ogre and the Kelpie the next level you are in the forest and you walk a short distance into a purplish glowing fog like spot. Then the game loads and you continue walking after a very short time my game will go to a black screen after walking into the same spot everytime and it never leaves the black screen, and its the only way to go. Has this happened to anyone else, any ideas?

Top Bottom