Review/Informations - PS2 Berserk game

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Re: anyone has the ps2 game?

TheGoblinKnight said:
I know this subject has probably been discussed before, but I been rather curious abotu this new berserk game and well honestly, i would like to know how it is and if it's worth it. :???:
It's a fan boy's wet dream! Especially when you fight Zodd on the hill of swords! I still havent beat it though... been playing Monster Hunter 2!

I hate it when you have to fight the ogre cause you have to fight him 3 times in a row and if you die once you have to do the level over again! ><

That's the fight right after all the smaller trolls keep attacking, right? I loved that part because it was one non-stop combo spree! I don't remember what my highest combo was, but I want to say that I've broken 170+. That part is GREAT for racking up a huge combo.

oooh, I'm jealous because I'm trying really hard to get this game. The powers that be seem to be slowly trying to keep me away from it though.

*Didn't really expect this kind of post to be my first post either :badbone:*

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
TheGoblinKnight said:
I know this subject has probably been discussed before, but I been rather curious abotu this new berserk game and well honestly, i would like to know how it is and if it's worth it.

You could have searched for and read all the threads we have about it, with reviews, opinions and all. It's a good game, the story's not so great because it departs from the manga and features boring filler parts, but it's pretty fun overall as far as the gameplay's concerned. I'd recommend it to you if you're a fan of Berserk, it's a safe buy.

Auturgist said:
I don't remember what my highest combo was, but I want to say that I've broken 170+.

I don't remember mine either, but I can tell you it was over 300.

Are there any plans for the PS2 Berserk game to reach the US, Because after all the Reviews I read. It sounds like a great game and I really want to play it

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Skullgrin140 said:
Are there any plans for the PS2 Berserk game to reach the US

No. Would you please read the thread before asking questions? I've answered this one at least 10 times already.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
BayJumper said:
Those voice actors are the same ones that provided their voices in the Berserk TV series, right?

Yes. How about you search for the answer yourself before asking next time though? I didn't mention there was a list for no reason.

I just returned to playing this after a long break and finished expert mode. I still haven't unlocked the final weapon and can't figure out how to. The guide on gamefaqs says "all stages have 0% enemy saturation" but I don't understand what I have to do exactly.

Anyone else fully complete this great game?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
NTSC-J said:
I still haven't unlocked the final weapon and can't figure out how to. The guide on gamefaqs says "all stages have 0% enemy saturation" but I don't understand what I have to do exactly.

Anyone else fully complete this great game?

Check out this post.

And this one:

Aazealh said:
What I did: you finish the game in any mode (I guess, didn't play Easy), start again from your old save (with the beherit) with your l33t stats, finish a level, on the Stage Select screen, choose the level you just finished, go through it again to find the Red Spriggans and get 0% of monsters remaining, then repeat with the other Stages.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
NTSC-J said:
Thanks, Aaz. I just did the first two levels, this look like it could take a while.

You're welcome. And yeah it's long, it pretty much disgusted me from the game to do it. I felt I profited from the experience at the time though, because you can really feel what it must be like for Guts to fight endlessly night after night.

Berserk PS2 Tips/Tricks/Unlocks?

Hey guys~

I had some questions about the Berserk PS2 game. I hope this is the right section to talk about it in, otherwise please let me know ^^
I don't need a translation or anything like that, since the game really follows the manga enough, and what it derivates I can understand enough to know what's going on. But what I'd really like to know is.. how do you do other things in the game? I know that you can level up your abilities, but once you beat the game through, and then start playing a new game, it gives you the option of switching weapons. But I don't have any weapons unlocked at all.. I also have no idea how to unlock new weapons.

So, anybody a wiz on the PS2 game? Any hints or tips on how to do better?
I just love it to pieces, and I'd love to know all of its secrets. :beast:

Thanks in advance for any info~
-Del

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Berserk PS2 Tips/Tricks/Unlocks?

Hi, you can find the information you're asking for with a simple search on the topic. Additionally I'm going to merge your post with an existing thread.

delusion said:
I know that you can level up your abilities, but once you beat the game through, and then start playing a new game, it gives you the option of switching weapons. But I don't have any weapons unlocked at all.. I also have no idea how to unlock new weapons.

You have to play the other modes (specifically "100 animal murder") to get new weapons, and to get the last one, you need to replay through the game after you beat it, and clear them of all enemies (1000 in each). To do this you need to finish a level, then play through it again. Note that you'll find new Spriggans in the levels which will allow you to max your abilities.

Help with the Berserk PS2 game fighting Slan

Has anyone ever gotten stuck when fighting Slan in normal mode? There doesn't seem anyway to inflict damage on her, I can't seem to destroy the wings that are shielding her, when I hit them they block everything.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Help with the Berserk PS2 game fighting Slan

Rift said:
Has anyone ever gotten stuck when fighting Slan in normal mode? There doesn't seem anyway to inflict damage on her, I can't seem to destroy the wings that are shielding her, when I hit them they block everything.

From memory, you need to destroy 3 "things" (forgot what they are exactly) that stick out of the ground in order for the wings that protect her to go down, allowing you to inflict some damage. Be careful as the things you need to destroy can defend themselves to some degree. You need to repeat that process a few times in order to defeat her.

I've searched the web for an answer and I can't get anything. I have the Berserk PS2 game but no way of playing on my PS2 (no modchip or swap magic, might need to buy one). I've already tried it on one emulator, and it doesn't load, so has anybody here been successful in playing Berserk on their PC with an emulator? If so, I'd like to know which one, pretty please.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Explosive Fetus said:
I've searched the web for an answer and I can't get anything. I have the Berserk PS2 game but no way of playing on my PS2 (no modchip or swap magic, might need to buy one). I've already tried it on one emulator, and it doesn't load, so has anybody here been successful in playing Berserk on their PC with an emulator? If so, I'd like to know which one, pretty please.

I don't follow the PS2 emulation scene at all, but last time I checked it wasn't all that great. PCSX2 can play some games now but there probably aren't many (if any) that are really fully functional. Honestly, I think Swap Magic is the way to go for you. A lot less bothering, and you get to experience the game as it should be.

found someone translating some parts of the game.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZvhtGzupkIk

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/187259.html

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
xfool said:
found someone translating some parts of the game.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZvhtGzupkIk

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/187259.html

Well, it comes late but it's still neat. Nice find, xfool.

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
Can anyone help me with these problems with Berserk for ps2

Okay so I searched Google and here for any answers as to why this is happening and haven't been lucky yet. A while ago I got Berserk for PS2 and after learning that I had to use a dvd loader to load it, the game worked fine until I reached chapter 4. Whenever I tried playing chapter 4, it wouldn't load and the day I was going to bring it back I tired and it worked. I beat the stage and now I can load it with no problem. That leads me to believe there was a problem with the intro movie, however when I made it to chapter 5b I had the same problem. I was more persistent this time and it hadn't worked for me once. I tried bringing it back to the store and showing them what was wrong, but it worked for them because they have actual japanese ps2s. So I'm stuck with the game trying to figure out why I can't load this specific chapter and a normal japanese ps2 can. Does anyone here have any sort of idea? I'm using a non-solder mod chip, swap magic 2.0 and a dvd loader. Any suggestions?

It's been quite a while so hello to anyone who remembers me.

Top Bottom