Review/Informations - PS2 Berserk game

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
Re: Berserk for ps2

Are you using an original or a copy?

Because while running a copy I had(because I wanted to test Mod chip capabilities) I did have times where the game would lock up, but when I used my original game No freezing of the game whatsoever.

PS. Check for Related threads before making a new one.

berserkanimefan

I'm a llama!
Its a copy I d/led off the net its a dvdrip so the movies are ripped out, I'm just gonna buy the real deal since I love berserk, wanted to try it out first though.

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
I use a mod chip and the HD loader. ;D
No swap tricks needed, and I get the increased speed of the Hard drive.
Although I do not use a Sony hard drive, but a Maxtor. :D

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
You can only get the red spriggans once. :)
In fact, If you got them all(in all the stages), then you shouldn't even need them any longer.

CerebralAssassin

I'm a llama!
Well, see I was replaying earlier levels to get stronger and more experience before moving on, but when I go back to the 1st level there are no enemies.

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
Once you reach 0%, the stage is over, then you must progress in the story.
You could always get to 0% in the other stages though for more experience.
And if you get 0% in all stages, you should have more than enough experience, and should have Puck's Bloody needle.

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
i need help lol >_<;

i am stuck at stage 4... the one's with the trolls in the village with the cathedral. after trolls start to come out from everywhere you get to the bridge shaking off all the trolls in your way. then there's a short cutscene... but now i am running through the village in confusion - i don't know where to go. is there anyone who can help me - maybe you got stuck at the same stage... damn this is odd lol

HELP!! ;)

BiQ_

" ... "
trapped_soul said:
i am stuck at stage 4...

I had this same problem first time. The cutscene shows the patrol tower beside the bridge, right? You must take the tower down so that it blocks the bridge so trolls are not supposed to get through. Then you must find a way to get back to village yourself. ;)

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
BiQ-- said:
I had this same problem first time. The cutscene shows the patrol tower beside the bridge, right? You must take the tower down so that it blocks the bridge so trolls are not supposed to get through. Then you must find a way to get back to village yourself. ;)
wow. glad to hear i am not the only one who had that problem ^^ thanks for the help mate. i will try to do this right now hehe.

EDIT: two minutes later... the problem is solved. and i was running around in the village for 2 hours lol. thanks for your help man ^^

sorry for the doube post Aazealh ^^
you are surely doing your job very accurately hehe.

i finished the game today! It was absolutely outstanding in many aspects. almost felt like they decided to make a video game _instead_ of a second season anime (which people tend to talk about too much IMO). i mean there wasn't every post-eclipse happening in the game's story line, but there were indeed some of the most important scenes in in it - and not few of them. the cut-scenes were done with astounding perfection. the game was highly entertaining, that goes especially for the boss fights. now all there's left to do is to unlock the electric guitar ^^

-TS

Here the new Music Video

dm.jpg

Download:
http://rapidshare.de/files/1584210/berserk_dm_enjoy_the_silence_by_andi.WMV.html

Habe Fun!

Pepos

The Beast has just been unleashed!
Hey Andi that was cool! IF by any chance you want any ingame stuff like special boss battles or action sequences in there just gimme a buzz

:D

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Pepos said:
Hey Andi that was cool! IF by any chance you want any ingame stuff like special boss battles or action sequences in there just gimme a buzz

:D
Actually, I was hoping to make a trailer sometime, so if you'd be willing to extend that offer to me, it would be most helpful. However, I need to get a copy of 'The Fight Song' by Marylin Manson (not a big fan of his, but I really like that song). If anyone could help me out there, please PM me.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Andi said:
Here the new Music Video
That was awesome. I think it was better than the entire PS2 Game, actually. Snazzy choice in music I thought, too.

berserker88

The Raging Demon
Berserk for ps2 (Questions)

i was wondering because i never heard a review for it and would like to hear one from someone you actually likes berserk is it a good game one that i should buy and have or is it only worth a rental!!

i know you cant rent it because its a import im just stating is it good enough to buy

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Berserk for ps2 (Questions)

As a die-hard fan of Berserk, I think it's worth buying, yes.

I know this has probably been asked a thousand times but i couldn't seem to find the answer anywhere. Do you guys just know japanese, or if your an avid berserk addict will it be pretty easy to play without knowing a single word of japanese?

What was in the Berserk PS2 Branded Box?

Searched the boards and couldn't find a direct answer(feel free to delete and redirect me if there is already a topic I missed).Recently purchased a copy that hasn't arrived yet and wanted to know exactly what was in it. I know for sure there is a figure,the game, and the LE box. Thanks for any help.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Re: What was in the Berserk PS2 Branded Box?

Hi Hydra632, I merged your post with an older one; the information about the Branded Box was given several times but I can understand that one would have trouble finding it in the middle of the rest. :SK:

The Branded Box is basically just the game and an exclusive Guts Black Swordsman figure from Art of War (with his eye red and some bloodstains on his body and the DS). It comes in a special box of course, and the game has "Branded Box" printed on it (the CD's color is golden instead of purple/pink too), but that's all the difference. You won't find anything else in it, which was a source of disappointment for me at the time.

Here's an old post about it:

Aazealh said:
I'll just tell you what's been written on the site for 2 weeks.

1) The Branded Box (Limited Edition) will feature the Guts "bloody" action figure.

2) If you reserve (pre-order) the game (Branded Box or normal version) early, you'll get a Zodd mini-figure, of course there isn't an infinite amount of them.

3) If you buy the volume 27, and return the coupon provided with it while buying the game, you'll be eligible for a lottery with 20 rare AoW statues as a reward (the Guts "swinging" statue).

Additionally some Dragon Slayer cellphone straps were distributed in Japan when the game came out but they weren't part of the Branded Box per se.

Here are some pictures of it:

Full content of the Branded Box plus a bonus mini-Zodd figure.
A closer look at the box itself with the Zodd mini-figure and the cellphone strap to compare the sizes.
The back of the box.
The Guts action figure.
A close up shot of the Zodd mini-figure.
Various other AOW products in their "Sammy Limited Edition" form.
The cellphone strap.
The normal edition of the game.

Z

Zodd the Immortal

BERSERK for PS2

If anyone was to buy the berserk game for PS2, would it be worth it? I don't even know if it would even has English subtitles, and i ain't learnin Japanese just to enjoy or understand a game. So before I spend $80+ on the game and the do-hickey to play japan imports, I need to know more about BERSERK: Millennium Falcon. Worth it or not?

Top Bottom