Rocky VI: Rocky Balboa

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew

RBB_Logo.jpg

Teaser - Trailer 1

SMZKAH

I shall find the crystal of peace
Yea, I got a kick out of the trailer. I'm still pretty excited about this. It should be interesting to see where the story goes.

CnC

Ad Oculos
meh. can't say I'm all that enthused.

however the fact that sly can still do those training montages at his age is impressive...

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Yeah, I saw the trailer for it when I went to see Dead Man's Chest on Tuesday. Though I'm naturally a bit skeptical, I can't help but feel like this is going to be a good movie. But, of course, it's impossible to make any kind of determination now, so it's fun just so see the details of the film as they roll in. :serpico:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
smoke said:
Really, he's so old-looking.
No fucking shit, it's the premise of the movie.

Looks promising so far, VIRTUAL CHAMPION stuff aside. It's definitely a new take on the franchise, at least cinematically. I wonder if the content will be consistent with the change in visual style (and name). Also, no Adrian yet... are they still together? :judo:

Griffith

I'm putting a moratorium on Rocky age jokes in this thread. He's is 60, it's just a fact, so if you nothing more creative than "he sure is old lol" please don't bother, it was maybe funny 15 years ago.

Honestly, if anybody who rags on Stallones age actually looks at the pictures for this movie, they'll see that he's actually in fantastic shape. I think its very believable.

But anyway, I own all five of the Rocky films, and they're all fantastic in my mind. Its good how they all went through Rocky's life and werent just a rehash of each-other. I know ill see this one when it comes out.

TheBeast43105 said:
Honestly, if anybody who rags on Stallones age actually looks at the pictures for this movie, they'll see that he's  actually in fantastic shape.  I think its very believable.

No one is disputing he is in good condition for his age, fact is most fighters (and most professional athletes for that matter) are well and truly done by the age of 40.
So no, it's not that believable.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Sparnage said:
No one is disputing he is in good condition for his age, fact is most fighters (and most professional athletes for that matter) are well and truly done by the age of 40.
I know you added "most fighters" and I just have to add. George Forman. :guts:

Sparnage said:

I see what you're saying, but in the film itself Stallone looks believable as a fighter even though in reality no 60+ year old man would be fighting in the ring.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Didn't Ali, back when he was known as Cassius Clay, fight a guy in his late 50's? I seem to remember watching the bout on ESPN Classics a couple months back. The old guy wasn't half bad either. Sure this doesn't change Rocky Balboa's believability, but it's a movie so I say sit back and enjoy. :guts:

Griffith

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
I know you added "most fighters" and I just have to add. George Forman.:guts:

Yeah, but Rocky's 15 years older than even Foreman was when he won his second title. =)

Then again, he's Rocky lol! :troll:

BTW, here's Stallone addressing the film on Access Hollywood and he goes over the age thing (he says himself it's "ridiculous"), which is obviously an issue in the movie itself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9Vw1IVk_ik&search=rocky

Anyway, it's not like they're pretending Rocky's still in his prime or something, and I find the parallels to real life interesting. Obviously Foreman and his comeback career (and even more apt, his recent near-comeback), along with other boxers past their prime that just can't put the gloves down and are literally endangering their lives (like Holyfield). Also interesting that Rocky is supposed to be like the hardest hitter ever, much the way Foreman relied mostly on his brute strength to KO opponents, allowing for his second career.

P.S. The trailer is the #1 most popular video on CNN.com. =)

Place your bets. Who's gonna win?

I'm betting on Mason over Rocky. Mainly because the simulation showed Rocky win, so of course it's not gonna turn out that way. Plus, Stallone said that it's not about winning, it's about proving to yourself that you can still do it (or something to that effect). So, Mason for the win (even though I'd rather see Rocky win).

Top Bottom