Rocky VI: Rocky Balboa

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
A friend of mine saw it and really loved, said it went back to the roots and could stand the comparison with the first movie. I can't wait to see it myself. =)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Just an advance warning, spoilers will not be tolerated in this thread. If you happen to spoil an admin, consider yourself my personal enemy. Forever.

Feel good movie of the year!

A pure crowd pleaser!

Filled to the brim with sentimentality and angst over change!!

P.S. Every fucking preview before the movie was "Inspired by a true story." They were all the same, too. All about people (young kids/teens/adults, really) learning to rise above the bounds society has placed on them, including an unofficial remake to Dangerous Minds: Freedom Writers!

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Just got back from seeing it and I enjoyed it quite a bit. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, I always say, and this movie did exactly that: it stuck to the classic Rocky formula. I didn't like the way the fight at the end of the movie was edited, but that was only a small part of a very good movie. Great stuff, I highly recommend it for fans of the series.

P.S. - Punchy rules. :chomp:

CnC

Ad Oculos
I just saw it as well. If you're a fan of the series you'll like it. Its got some great speeches in it, my favorite being the "hurting bombs" speech that was in the trailer.

*crack**crack* ..YEA

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
CnC said:
I just saw it as well.  If you're a fan of the series you'll like it.  Its got some great speeches in it, my favorite being the "hurting bombs" speech that was in the trailer.

*crack**crack*  ..YEA

I'd have to say my favorite speech was the one between him and his kid. Although the "blunt force trauma" one was pretty good, too. :void:

Saw it a couple days ago, and enjoyed it immensely. I was only 9 or so when Rocky V came out in theatres, and didnt see it then. I'm a huge fan of the series though, and it was almost surreal seeing a Rocky movie in a theatre. When that theme started playing and the training montage started....it was quite a rush.

Definitely on par with the first one I'd say, and not near as 80's cheesy as some of the sequels were.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
Just got back from seeing it and I enjoyed it quite a bit. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, I always say, and this movie did exactly that: it stuck to the classic Rocky formula. I didn't like the way the fight at the end of the movie was edited, but that was only a small part of a very good movie.

That pretty much sums up my opinion after watching it (including the remark on the editing). It's a good flick, especially when you consider the fact it's the sixth installment in the series.

Truly this was a fitting end to the series. This film manage to navigate heavily cliche waters and still seem fresh. I would argue that this is because the movie was made with utter sincerity, it wasn't trying to be Oscar-bait, like so many "inspiring" films are.

Pesmerga

This is going to be one hell of a party
Good movie, the fight is better than the previous rocky but still far from the reality, after all it's a fiction so...

I loved this movie! In fight scenes i was in the edge of my seat..
Awesomeness..
Oh, and my girlfriend cried in the end! :???:
She is very emotional

Top Bottom