Shenmue2

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
I don't own X-BOX beacause I like good wholesome Japanese products :p . But i have to say it is soooooooooooooooooooo (add a few extra o's) much better than the first. But I noticed something strange on the euro shenmue2 on quenns street they have british flags. But they have double the minigames and got so many qte's.

theblakeman

theblakeman- your local pervert
Yes. Hong Kong was owned by the British until 1984, so there were still symbols remaining of the British rule.

ShinHell9

theblakeman said:
Yes. Hong Kong was owned by the British until 1984, so there were still symbols remaining of the British rule.
jeez I thought britan lost rule over HK a long long time ago, but wait didn't the commies own HK until the 90s?

The British officially returned Hong Kong to China in 1997 and from what I've read it hasn't changed as much you'd expect. Beijing doesn't have the same power over it as mainland provinces.

Kuroi-san

Gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed?
Where've you been man? I was playing Shenmue 2 ages ago. I prefer the first... the end of Shenmue 2 was just a tad stupid...

ShinHell9

Kuroi-san said:
Where've you been man? I was playing Shenmue 2 ages ago. I prefer the first... the end of Shenmue 2 was just a tad stupid...
ah the ending was okay, I played shenmue 2 as soon as the PAL version came out but I felt like talking about it now beacause it came out in the US. Anyway I perefered 2 up until the 4th disc, the whole wan chai, & kowloon chapters are great but the last one is a little un-realistic.

ShinHell9

theblakeman said:
I rather enjoyed the ending.
It was okay but I really didn't like it beacause I knew this is probably the last shenmue
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Kuroi-san

Gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed?
Shenmue 2 is being re-released on XBOX (with loads of new doozies), but Shenmue 3 is still in production limbo. Rumours say that it'll take place in Taiwan (I think), but those are just rumours. I figure Gui Zhan and Ren will meet up with Ryo at Shenhua's place.

ParaParaJMo

Para Para Hawk
I've been a fan on this game ever since the first one came out in Japan back in December 1999. I remember I bought the Japanese the first chapter on New Years Eve back in 1999 and I spent the first second of the year 2000 playing this game.

Shenmue 2 is pretty much of what I expected. I thought it has good drama elements for a kung fu movie and the great plot of an anime.

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
I love Shenmue.I want Shenmue 3 so bad.The only thing is, I started with the original one on Dreamcast and was of course
able to use my saved data when I got the sequel. I think that's one of the coolest features.So here's the thing:I want SEGA to find a way for me to be able to use my saved data from Shenmue 1 and 2 with the yet to come third episode,which should be on X box, last time I heard.

ShinHell9

well actually wouldn't a "shenmue 3" start out with chapter 5? so technically it would be the 5th "episode"

Top Bottom