Shows You Can’t Stop Watching

Fervent Enigma

Loveless
Self-explanatory. What are some of the shows you keep watching once you’ve finished them? Those addictive television series that you just can’t get enough of, no matter what.

for me it would be Breaking Bad, Dexter, and Bojack Horseman. Hannibal, as well. Some of the nuanced characterization in these shows catches me off guard every time I see them, with great acting coupled with excellent plot.

Shoot!

Oburi

All praise Grail
Well, if we're just strictly talking about television shows, the obvious ones for me are South Park, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Seinfeld, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Rick and Morty, The Larry Sanders Show, and finally, the most rewatchable show ever imo, The Office. I go through phases where I'll rewatch any of these shows for the zillionth time late at night as I'm trying to sleep (I'm one of those people that like to fall asleep to the tv). I also watch The Sopranos about once a year.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
South Park, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Seinfeld, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Rick and Morty, The Larry Sanders Show, and finally, the most rewatchable show ever imo, The Office.

Mine are Sesame Street, Let's Go Luna, Super Why, Pinkalicious, Peg + Cat, Nature Cat, Curious George, Wild Kratts, Word Girl, Mickey Mouse (various), Arthur, Martha Speaks, Clifford the Big Red Dog, and Seinfeld at 10pm. I wish I were kidding.

HBO Chernobyl

Watch out The Office, it's the real most rewatchable show ever!

"I Think You Should Leave." I rewatch this show probably once every few months.

MEDIA=youtube]IgqCivFPbAE[/MEDIA

Well, I just watched it straight through, and it won't be for the last time, so I think that already counts! Don't let that Bone Mama lay an egg. Speaking of TV I think the Ghost of Way Future was from Veep. I should finish Veep.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I just watched it straight through, and it won't be for the last time, so I think that already counts! Don't let that Bone Mama lay an egg. Speaking of TV I think the Ghost of Way Future was from Veep. I should finish Veep.
The actual show on Netflix isn't very long, unfortunately. 6 episodes, I think? But each one is crammed with a half dozen sketches. Not all are winners, but the majority are great, which is more than I can say for most sketch comedy I've seen on Netflix. Then there's also his episode of "The Characters," also on Netflix, which is like a bonus episode.

Mine are Sesame Street, Let's Go Luna, Super Why, Pinkalicious, Peg + Cat, Nature Cat, Curious George, Wild Kratts, Word Girl, Mickey Mouse (various), Arthur, Martha Speaks, Clifford the Big Red Dog, and Seinfeld at 10pm. I wish I were kidding.

Hey, Martha Speaks is pretty good! And I was so glad to see that Caillou wasn't in that list. My kid has been watching Yo-Kai Watch, which is one of the funniest shows I think he's watched.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
I spend much of my day channel-hopping between Star Trek marathons. :slan: I'm not really "watching" them, but it's like the ultimate comfort food for me to hear the characters talking in the background.

Twin Peaks is another one of those shows that I can just have on, but it's also great to rewatch because there may be a little interaction or detail I missed from previous viewings! I feel like my understanding of Lynch gets a tiny bit better every time I visit that universe again.

"I Think You Should Leave" is SUCH a funny show, I'm a big fan. Except for the loaded nachos sketch, that one just makes me really mad. :zodd:

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
It's the Wiggles and Sophie the Giraffe for me.

As for shows that I want to watch, Bob's Burgers and Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (season 1 and 2).

Griffith

The actual show on Netflix isn't very long, unfortunately. 6 episodes, I think? But each one is crammed with a half dozen sketches. Not all are winners, but the majority are great, which is more than I can say for most sketch comedy I've seen on Netflix.

It looks like it scratches an itch I haven't since Beef House. Adult Swim must have been pissed they didn't get first right of refusal on this content.

Hey, Martha Speaks is pretty good! And I was so glad to see that Caillou wasn't in that list. My kid has been watching Yo-Kai Watch, which is one of the funniest shows I think he's watched.

Martha isn't bad, and certainly not a monster like Caillou, who was in the rotation before PBS canned his whiney, bratty ass. Which reminds me, I forget to mention Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, which I also hate.

Never heard of Yo-Kai Watch, but about the most entertaining of these shows for parents I've seen is the modern Mickey Mouse shorts, also known as The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse in the latest season. They've got just enough Ren & Stimpy in them yet are also self-aware and lampoon Mickey's status as Mr. Wonderful, and Goofy is more like Kramer. It's the only time in my life, including childhood, I've found the rat entertaining.

It's the Wiggles and Sophie the Giraffe for me.

Sophie and the Giraffe doesn't sound too bad, but I'm happy to be spared The Wiggles, even if it means missing out on learning all about Captain Feathersword.

As for adult shows I've actually rewatched in full, only Magnum P.I. and Buffy come to mind, and I'm not even sure I fully rewatched Buffy or I just remember binging it the first time. Guess it's cancelled now, anyway. I hope Miura is nice to his assistants.:shrug:

Matteo Metallo

Veritas Non Verba Magistri
If I need background noise The Office and Seinfeld never fail, but if I'm Ed Norton in Fight Club then Red Dwarf and The Mighty Boosh help lull me to sleep. Two shows I can watch over and over and love every time is The Detectorists and People Just Do Nothing. Doc Martin and Broadchurch are up there too. American, but love British TV...

I frequently rewatch a lot of HBO shows, classics like the sopranos, the wire, as well as the first (and third) season of true detective.

The Wire is tied for me with breaking bad as "The" TV Show. For different reasons.

It kinda reminds me of the whole thing with Gurren Lagann and Evangelion, where they are completely different shows thematically speaking, but very enjoyable either way.

I'm watching twin peaks right now and enjoying it as a big fan of David Lynch stuff. Also if we are counting anime, legend of the galactic heroes is my favorite anime ever, strangely I haven't gotten around to rewatching it though.

The Return is one of my favorite things ever. I've watched the whole thing straight through like 5 times since it aired a few years ago.
I am excited for it, season two hasn't been as good as s1 so far. But all of the episodes directed by david lynch have been pretty good. I don't like some of the melodrama. In s1 it felt intentional, like satire, but in s2 it largely misses the mark IMO. I have heard the return is very good so I'm hyped though.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
I am excited for it, season two hasn't been as good as s1 so far. But all of the episodes directed by david lynch have been pretty good. I don't like some of the melodrama. In s1 it felt intentional, like satire, but in s2 it largely misses the mark IMO. I have heard the return is very good so I'm hyped though.
I think you've got it right. S2 was way off in terms of the overall tone once certain mysteries were resolved, apparently against Lynch's wishes, and he left the show for a while - however, don't miss those last couple of episodes, they are absolutely amazing. The Return is one of those things that I have come to appreciate more and more since it came out, so you're in for a treat!

I think you've got it right. S2 was way off in terms of the overall tone once certain mysteries were resolved, apparently against Lynch's wishes, and he left the show for a while - however, don't miss those last couple of episodes, they are absolutely amazing. The Return is one of those things that I have come to appreciate more and more since it came out, so you're in for a treat!
Thanks for letting me know, also yeah I did hear something about lynch not liking the artistic direction of the show in s2, and that he had "very little" to do with it. I finished s2 episode 7: "lost souls" last night, and that was like watching a horror film in and of itself. I loved it, probably in my top 3 for the series so far. It's little things like that which keep me hooked. Also Gordon is hilarious too. Despite my issues, I am determined to finish it. It's unique and I appreciate that. I really need to watch the twilight zone next...

Matteo Metallo

Veritas Non Verba Magistri
Regardless of your thoughts on season 2, Windom Earle is probably one of the greatest characters/villains in US TV history. He is the perfect antithesis to Dale Cooper and well worth the soap opera leading up to him. Have not seen The Return yet, but expecting greatness.

Editing this cuz I saw your comment about Twilight Zone... It's not Twin Peaks, but it is one the greatest shows ever if we're talking about the OG Rod Serling eps. The social commentary incorporated within the individual episode narratives is one of a kind and will never be duplicated imho. I think Serling is a prophet tbh.

Last edited:
Regardless of your thoughts on season 2, Windom Earle is probably one of the greatest characters/villains in US TV history. He is the perfect antithesis to Dale Cooper and well worth the soap opera leading up to him. Have not seen The Return yet, but expecting greatness.

Editing this cuz I saw your comment about Twilight Zone... It's not Twin Peaks, but it is one the greatest shows ever if we're talking about the OG Rod Serling eps. The social commentary incorporated within the individual episode narratives is one of a kind and will never be duplicated imho. I think Serling is a prophet tbh.
Oh I know it's not "Twin Peaks" persay, my interest in The Twilight Zone actually comes from my interest in Rod Serling as a person. Of course, the twilight zone is regarded as a classic and I know I would have to watch it eventually because of that. But hearing Rod Serling's thoughts about creativity and society made me interested in the show. Whenever I read, watch or partake in any type of medium I usually choose my next series or novel or whatever it may be through it's author or artist. My line of thinking, I guess, is "This person has good ideas about such and such, so I really want to see what else they can do". Sometimes this leads to me discovering that the creator has "Caught Lightning in A Bottle" so to speak, and sometimes I can find a multitude of other works to be immersed in.

Also, Dale Cooper is very easily becoming one of my favorite characters in American television, I really do love him.

Griffith

Thanks for letting me know, also yeah I did hear something about lynch not liking the artistic direction of the show in s2, and that he had "very little" to do with it. I finished s2 episode 7: "lost souls" last night

Oh man, well you haven't even reached the bad part of season 2 yet! :ganishka: Be ready to persevere until the awesome finale, Firewalk With Me, and The Return. The quality is much more consistent then, and it's a different Twin Peaks because it's no longer incumbered by the constraints of network TV. Firewalk With Me can be jarring at times because of that, and The Return is just plain jarring, but mostly in a good way.

Oh man, well you haven't even reached the bad part of season 2 yet! :ganishka: Be ready to persevere until the awesome finale, Firewalk With Me, and The Return.
Oh gorsh now I'm worried, I thought some parts of the episodes I just saw were bad. I can only imagine. But I am looking forward to it.
The quality is much more consistent then, and it's a different Twin Peaks because it's no longer incumbered by the constraints of network TV. Firewalk With Me can be jarring at times because of that, and The Return is just plain jarring, but mostly in a good way.
Yeah network TV, especially then in the 90's really hindered creative freedom. I'm surprised they got away with some of the stuff they did, even. And for The Return, I'm just expecting some completely insane, experimental "thing" in the best way possible. At least that's how I've heard it described by some people. Frankly I'm fine with that, I like weird symbolic stuff.

Which makes me think, anyone here have opinions on lost? I watched it once like a couple years ago when I was 15, and really liked it. Rewatching it now, I thought the first season was phenomenal, and then everything after was really poor quality writing wise. Especially what they did with John Locke I did not like.

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Which makes me think, anyone here have opinions on lost? I watched it once like a couple years ago when I was 15, and really liked it. Rewatching it now, I thought the first season was phenomenal, and then everything after was really poor quality writing wise. Especially what they did with John Locke I did not like.
We do not speak of that show on this forum.

Jk:iva:
I don't remember if there was a dedicated thread at the time, but everyone ended up hating, or being immensely frustrated with the show. I was so mad I never even finished it, jumping ship 3 episodes before the finale.
Understandable. As I said, rewatching it I thought they almost immediately threw away everything good from season 1 wen season 2 started. I ended up really not liking it. I vaguely remember some stuff about the ending as well.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Oh there was definitely people talking about it during its run, which frustrated me because I hated it and dropped it early on. But i think people were watching it more out of curiosity because of how ridiculous it got.

Top Bottom