Silent Hill Shattered Memories

I didn't exactly freak out when I heard they were revamping the original Silent Hill game. Like Resident Evil, I'm big fan of Silent Hill especially the first. After watching the trailer for its revamping I got to say I'm pretty interested in it. It looks very different from the originally and just by watching the trailer I noticed a lot of major changes. But at least they kept the main character male, and didn't change it like they decided to do with the movie. Things like this make me so glad I got a PSP, and not a PS3.

http://psp.ign.com/dor/objects/14325473/silent-hill-shattered-memories/videos/shille3trailer.html

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I've read a few interviews with the production crew on this game, and they intentionally changed some key things in the game. It's apparently going to be quite different. A "reinvisioning" rather than a remake. That could be good or bad :schierke:

Well, I see what you mean, I'm just being really open minded to it. I think the easiest thing for it to maintain its its distrubing atompshere. I don't think they want to mess with that as much as the gameplay aspects. As long as they keep the town, and the atompsphere I would be happy. I can tell already that the storyline is a bit spun but I still feel it would be worth playing. I see they stole the "Fatal Frame" concept there was a short clip.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Well, one of the biggest changes is that there will be NO combat in the game:

http://nintendo.joystiq.com/2009/04/10/new-silent-hill-shattered-memories-details/

Not to mention:

Lead character Harry Mason will actually start the game in a psychiatrist's office, where players will have to fill out a form. The choices you make on the form, as well as other choices in the game, will affect other parts of the game.
:beast:

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
This is one of the few games i'm really looking forward to for next year. Seriously, i think it's quite remarkable that, after all that time since the next-gen consoles were released, i'm still buying way more titles for my good old PS2 rather then the PS3..or XBXOX 360, hell, even both of them combined!

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Has anyone picked it up yet? It's been getting mixed reviews and I wanted to hear a SKers opinion on it. I'm forced to buy the dulled down PS2 version next month.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
handsome rakshas said:
Has anyone picked it up yet? It's been getting mixed reviews and I wanted to hear a SKers opinion on it. I'm forced to buy the dulled down PS2 version next month.
My thinking: AWW YEAH RAKSHAS IS GONNA REVIEW THIS FOR ME SO I CAN SEE IF IT'S WORTH BUYING!!!

oh.... yeah I'm waiting for some reviews from somebody I trust as well. :rakshas:

Top Bottom