Simpsons Movie

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Ironically, the best part was before the actual Simpson's stuff.

I really wish they'd made this a decade ago.

CnC

Ad Oculos
bah. I've seen some some storyboards w/ audio of the film and I think it looks (sounds) great.

I'll definitely be checking it out.

But as far as this trailer is concerned the 3d gag was the best, the rest was meh.

Btw, anyone notice the heavy reliance on 3d animation with cell shading on the crane? Whats with the "in 2d"?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
"Griffith No More!" said:
Ironically, the best part was before the actual Simpson's stuff.

My sentiment exactly. I find it pretty sad honestly, I remember the golden age of that series. I'm going to hope and put some faith in CnC's early review though.

CnC said:
Btw, anyone notice the heavy reliance on 3d animation with cell shading on the crane? Whats with the "in 2d"?

Yeah that was pretty flagrant, it's new age animation!

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I gave up on watching The Simpson's a good 5 or 6 years ago, but have heard from friends of mine who continue to watch the series that, although the seasons started going downhill several years ago, the most recent two seasons have been great. I've watched a couple episodes recently and I have to agree, so I'm willing to give this movie a shot. I agree with GNM that it should've been out about 10 years ago when The Simpson's were at their best. If only Phil Hartman could've lived to see the day that Troy McClure would appear on the big screen...

Griffith

Rhombaad said:
but have heard from friends of mine who continue to watch the series that, although the seasons started going downhill several years ago, the most recent two seasons have been great.

Here's my issue with this, I can't go on the "objective" assessment of fans willing to sit through years of shit, and having done that, tell you it's gotten better. What does that mean coming from their perspective? Going from diarrhea to a solid turd? I mean, they'd take it any way you give it to 'em, right?

It's the same catch 22 with apologist Final Fantasy fans; they've been so deep in the shit for so long, they can't even smell it anymore.

Come on, the forum is full of Simpson's haters??!!! It is true that from the 300th episode stuff the series went downhill (or a couple of years earlier), although the last season was funny. But the movie seems at least interesting, I'd like to give it a try.

Griffith

Well, you know what they say, if you truly love something, you'll let it go, especially when it turns into fucking dogshit trash. =)

CnC

Ad Oculos
"Griffith No More!" said:
Well, you know what they say, if you truly love something, you'll let it go, especially when it turns into fucking dogshit trash. =)

ouch dude, I've been watching the past few weeks of it and its good stuff. Not the laugh every 2 seconds it used to be but still very funny.
I'm not seeing where all the venom is coming from.

Top Bottom